Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installed patch now CD Key won't work
Virginiann [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2010 21:50 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I have been working with some very kind people on an issue I have been having. I installed the latest patch for PD9.0 and now it asks for my CD Key and when I put it in I get an error saying it is the wrong key? Any ideas?

Thank you
Virginia Running Windows Home Premium
Intel Dual Core P8600 2.40 GHz
4 Gig Ram DDR2
NVIDIA Graphics Card G Force 9600 GT
Graphics Driver: nvd3dum.dll 8.15.11.8640
Power Director 9.0 2702
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Virginia,

I am pretty sure that you will have to install your original download. Activate it then apply the patch.

1 - Uninstall PD9
2 - Install your original download
3 - Open PD9 to activate (enter the key here)
4 - Install the patch.

This is what I had to do recently when I reinstalled. I got the same "key is wrong" message if I did not activate the original.

Hal

OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you I will give it a try.
V. Running Windows Home Premium
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
That worked thank you! Now I'm back to my original issue. of the sound file not following along with the video when I drag to the work space. I did a capture and everything worked fine. Only thing that isn't working is taking a video with my camera and importing the .mov to the storyline. Strange. I don't know about using my iPhone. I'm going to try that right now. I guess as long as I can use the webcam to capture my videos I will be okay. It is a bit annoying though.
Thank you all for your help.
Virginia

P.S. I'm going to cross post this on my original question. Running Windows Home Premium
4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Virginiann

Could you take a 10 second video and do the same thing you did before, and if the sound is still acting up could you attach the video so we could have a look at it to see if we produce the same result?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28. 2011 15:45

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link