Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I hope some one can help real quick - NO Sound
[Post New]
Dafydd;
The screencap I posted does not show an audio waveform in the timeline, but the sound is present when played.

EDIT: However, once I produce it, the MPG2 file shows "waveform" and still has sound.
[Thumb - waveform.jpg]
 Filename
waveform.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
207 time(s)

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Mar 28. 2011 12:39

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fred,
Yep, that's what I saw.
Thanks for the additional info.
Dafydd
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
For what it's worth :-

I'm currently running PD9 2330 (having had to roll back to troubleshoot a few issues) Win7 64bit Ati4650

The original clip has an "unusual" audio codec - ADPCM U-Law that has been known to cause issues -http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3002
http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49628
for example

and plays fine in the media library but only video plays and displays in the timeline, no audio is available.

If the clip is run through format factory, using standard settings to .mov format, the audio is converted to AAC -LC which plays and displays perfectly in PD9.

So for some later releases of PD all seems OK, but for others no audio.

I would suggest a codec issue, but haven't had time to delve any deeper. Practically, one could batch process the clips in format factory to get a workaround for the time being??

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
McLean1 [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jul 30, 2006 23:00 Messages: 336 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: For what it's worth :-

I'm currently running PD9 2330 (having had to roll back to troubleshoot a few issues) Win7 64bit Ati4650

The original clip has an "unusual" audio codec - ADPCM U-Law that has been known to cause issues -http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3002
http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=49628
for example

and plays fine in the media library but only video plays and displays in the timeline, no audio is available.

If the clip is run through format factory, using standard settings to .mov format, the audio is converted to AAC -LC which plays and displays perfectly in PD9.

So for some later releases of PD all seems OK, but for others no audio.

I would suggest a codec issue, but haven't had time to delve any deeper. Practically, one could batch process the clips in format factory to get a workaround for the time being??

Cheers
Adrian

I was originally running the first version of PD9 (since I have only been using it for splitting and tagging video - no fancy editing). When I downloaded the .mov clip, I took had just the video line showing (although audio played in the workspace). I upgraded to 2702, with no change. I too am on windows 7 64bit AT4650. I did move the clip over to another computer that I'm using PD7.3017 on (which is still my main editing program) Windows XP SP2 and the clip has audio in the workspace and timeline. (now I may have more codecs installed on this machine than the W7 one)....I also pulled in an MP4 form another camera (panasonic perhaps) and a .mov from a Canon SX20, they have audio in both spots..

This doesn't really solve anything, but just adds to the information available so far.
Virginiann [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2010 21:50 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Okay guys, thank you all so much for your help. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and done everything I can. It is working. I can make videos now and play. But something new I just now noticed. I'm missing nearly all of my titles and PIP? Where did they go and how do I get them back? For the Titles I only have 4 and yes I do have all content selected. Partical Room: 7, PIP: 1, Effects room I have a lot doesn't look like many or missing there or in the Transition room. I hope some one can shed some light on this.. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall again?

Thanks again!
Virginia Running Windows Home Premium
Intel Dual Core P8600 2.40 GHz
4 Gig Ram DDR2
NVIDIA Graphics Card G Force 9600 GT
Graphics Driver: nvd3dum.dll 8.15.11.8640
Power Director 9.0 2702
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
When you re-installed PD9, did you also re-install the Content Pack?
PD9 is a 2 part package. The Program file, and the Content pack. To be installed in that order.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 30. 2011 18:02

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
That was the problem I didn't reinstall the other parts thank you!

4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
Virginiann [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wrote to the Customer Service Department and ask how do I get back to PD8 and I requested a refund for the upgrade and they said no to the refund, apparently I waited too long to request the refund. I explained to them that I was trying to fix the issue and it just wasn't getting fixed and I had had enough, but they said no.

Then I asked how do I go back to PD8 and I have not heard back from them, hopefully I will hear something today. Does anyone know how I can just go back to 8?

My current problem is sound and video is not matching. Nothing I have done in this new PD 9 is working for me and I just want to go back in time and pretend none of this happened. Why I needed to upgrade to 9 is beyond me!

4 Gig Ram DDR2
Power Director 9.0 2702
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
You will need to have PD8 installation files and the activation key.
Installing PD8 will overwrite 9.
Dafydd