Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The two additional snapshots.

Thank you for your help. I apologize if I sound so ungrateful I really am not I do appreciate all you do.

Thank you
Virginia
First let me thank you whole heartedly for helping me. Secondly I can not tell you or express in this message how frustrating it is to have to answer all these questions before an answer is given. I did attach the files you have requested. Let me answer these the best I can. I feel so very sorry for people who can not answer these questions. This was a very expensive upgrade to be having these kinds of issues.

Hi Virginia,
Please supply the information members have requested.

I thought you might also benefit from seeing what Preferences > Confirmation setting I use: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/15082.page#81751

Dafydd
For the majority of issues posted on this forum you will need to provide the following IMPORTANT bits of basic information:
1. What version and build of PowerDirector [or other CyberLink software] are you using? PART A. I UPGRADED FROM 8 TO 9. BUILD 9.0.0.2330a SR NUMBER: VDE101118-05

Check for free updates: CLICK HERE. If you're unsure which or what - ASK. IT STATES I HAVE THE LATEST UPGRADE

2. Please can you supply and attach a DirectX Diagnostic of your system? PART B.
ATTACHMENT GUIDE I HAVE REATTACHED THE FILES TO THIS MESSAGE

3. Please can you attach a screen shot of your Edit workspace, showing the content, make up of the library, all media tracks and with individual file extensions clearly readable? PART F. OMG ARE YOU KIDDING ME! IT'S ONE LITTLE FILE.. WHETHER IT COMES FROM A CAPTURED VIDEO VIA CYBERLINK, OR FROM MY CAMERA. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF IT IS A .MOV/.MPEG2,3,4, OR ANY OTHER I'VE TRIED IT ALL. THE SOUND WORKS FINE UNTIL I DRAG IT TO THE TIMELINE OR STORYBOARD. BUT I WILL HUMOR YOU. I was not able to attach more than three files so please see my next message for two more snapshots I took.

4. Please be prepared to provide a video sample from your camera (state model). 5 to 10 seconds in length and attached to a reply. I used a Kodak KM853 8mega px. Or right from my Sony Viao webcam.. I do not... let me repeat I know it has nothing to do with the computer/webcam or anything other than a simple setting I am missing on this 9.0. This is a lot of work for I'm certain a simple fix.

5. Check you have applied the latest drivers for your graphics card by visiting the manufacturer's website and not via your OS update service.
REFER to the guides: PART A, B & F
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page ALL OF MY DRIVERS ARE UP TO DATE. I am only having a simple issue of the sound file not appearing in the storyline. It works any other time. It works in Windows Movie Maker, it works in everything else other than Cyberlink, and it worked fine in 8.0... I didn't have any issues until I upgraded to 9.0. This is way too much information for you and for me. I hope I can get this solved quickly. At this point I just want my money back and go back to 8.0.

To attach an item select POST REPLY button.
Please use the SEARCH function of the forum BEFORE posting. LOOK for the answer.

SeeMyWorldOnVideo - free - join today . Obtain those Extra Tools we PowerDirector Video Editors need, & for FREE.
Thank you all for responding. I was in a hurry when I posted that question. I am getting more and more frustrated with this 9version. I am having more and more issues. I turned off the shadowing and that still did not bring the sound file back to the time line/work space. Today I did a video and the sound and video were totally off. I have not been able to use this program for one reason or another since I upgraded. I can't tell you how upsetting this is since I use this all the time for my YouTube group.

I have this time attached the directx diagnostic tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Virginia Cooper
I imported a video from my camera to Cyberlink like normal and it asked me something about being a hd video did I want to do something I can't remember something to do with shadowing. I can not undo it. I can hear and play it fine while it is in the work area but when I bring it down to the story line area the sound dissapears s and I can not get it to come back. Any ideas?

Thank you!
I will certainly do that from now on. I know about YouTube Tutorials, I have learned so much. I love this program! I'm finding new stuff! How fun! Thank you again!
C.
It looks like I lost all my downloaded PIP/Effects Things from PD website. oh well I will just redownload those that I used a lot. It's not that big of a deal. It works! Thank you again.

V.
Oh my gosh! I downloaded and installed that patch you told me to install and it worked!! My PD is open!! Thank you thank you thank you! You Rock my new found friend! Is there anything else I should do?

V.
Yes, I have never gotten it to open ever.
I click on the Icon to open the program and begins to open then the crash happens. I took a screen shot. you can see PowerDirector in the back ground.

V.
I did the upgrade with the new version and as soon as it loads it crashes......closes.....that error we get when a program closes and windows looks for a solution. It never opens. Yes I removed through the control panel.

The PD 8 was still pinned to the task bar. I deleted it and did a full uninstall and reinstall and I still get the error.

Thanks for your help!
Here you go! Thank you so much! I bought the registered version. Should I install that patch now, while I await your reply?

Thank you again,
Virginia
I have been working on this since 5am this morning. I sent a note to Tech Support but I thought I would jump in here to see if I could get quicker help.

I downloaded and installed the PD9.0 this morning. When I tried to open it it crashed immediately, never opened.

I was using 8.0 successfully for a long time. No I have nothing. I use this program to with a Walking Club I have here on the Internet. We Vlog our Weight Loss Journey's and I announce the winners via video on YouTube and now I am in panic mode because I can not get the dang thing to work.

I have a duo core pent, Nvidia video card. Windows 7 all software is up to date. I downloaded the 9.0 PD.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled this software. At first I saw both the 8.0 and 9.0 so I thought they were conflicting so I uninstalled the 8.0. That didn't help. It won't even open. Please someone help!

Virginia Cooper
Thank you all for your response. I looked at both the registry keys and I do not have

Key Name

YouTubeSizeLimit >REG_DWORD decimal value 2048
YouTubeTimeLimit >REG_DWORD decimal value 10

I do have the full
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\8.0

The only thing listed for YouTube is:
YouTube Auto Login
YouTube Password
YouTube UserName

Then under the other key
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CyberLink\PowerDirector\8.0

I do not have Cyberlink listed. I am running Windows7 64bit. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I even did a search for YouTube in the registry and the above did not show.

Thank you Virginia Cooper

Which format can I save it to so I can upload to YouTube? Do I just click on Produce Tab and choose my format and click save and then go to that file and upload to youtube?

Thank you in advance
Virginia
You Tube has increased it's video size to now 15 minutes. Will Power Director update the software to allow for this longer video size?
Here is a piece of the article and I added the link to the YouTube Blog Post below.

THURSDAY, JULY 29, 2010
Upload limit increases to 15 minutes for all users
We want YouTube to be the best place to upload video. Without question, the number one requested feature by our creators is to upload videos longer than 10 minutes. We’ve heard you, and today we’re pleased to announce that we’ve increased the upload limit to 15 minutes.
[url]http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/

Thanks Virginia

Go to: