Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
First impression: good news and bad news
[Post New]
Hi all!

Just had a PD9 run. Just to see if some problems that affected PD8 have been solved, I imported an entire folder with lots of AVI clips and JPG images, for a total of 2+ hours movie. Just did a raw import.

It went all good, really fast, good good good!

After that, next test: save the project. close PD9. reopen the project.
Super fast. PD8 took ages to open the same project. wow! amazing!

After that, tried monkeying with clips in the project.
Added a transition between two clips. All ok.

After that, i modified the length of the transition by dragging the transition border.
Argh! PD9 took about 20 seconds to reaccomodate everything. Lots of flickering on preview panel, but at last it did it. It was a simple cross fade on two clips at the start of the movie.

After that i separated an audio from its video and shortened the video part. Another 20+ seconds to reaccomodate.

Well... i expected more reactivity... any comments?

P.S. Is there a way to get rid of the gummy clips rounder borders? It makes PD9 look like Mikey Mouse video editing tool...

Greetings! Umberto

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2010 09:44

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PS answer = nope. Had been raised during beta testing.

Dafydd
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a way to get rid of the gummy clips rounder borders? It makes PD9 look like Mickey Mouse video editing tool.

I guess CyberLink have taken on some of the staff responsible for designing the "New and Improved" Myspace layout, which is equally Mickey Mouse Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
P.S. Is there a way to get rid of the gummy clips rounder borders? It makes PD9 look like Mikey Mouse video editing tool...
I'm not even sure what this means. I don't see anything Mickey Mouse in PD9. Just my opinion, of course. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
Obviously i exxaggerated on my statement

Personally i find annoying the rounded clip corners. I find good old square borders less distracting and easy-to-understand, expecially when lot of elements lie on the timeline at low zoom level. IMO obviously.

Anyway, this was only a secondary aspect. My first concern was about the long time for processing even a simple clip/transition length adjustment when lots of clips are loaded in the timeline (with lots of clips i mean hundreds).

Greetings! Umberto