Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dragging clips between main track and pip tracks
[Post New]
Sometimes i feel handy to drag a clip on a pip track, trim it as i wish then move on the main video track by dragging it and "inserting" between two existing clips of the main track.

PD doesn't seem to allow this operation. When a clip has been dragged on pip track/s, it will stick to it and no way to move on main track. Is there a way for doing this?
I looks really annoying not being able to do such simple operation.

I understand that pip tracks have placement information, and i'd accept to lose this information when moving the clip on the main track.

Thanks... Umberto
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Umberto,

Unfortunately you can't drag clips like you asked. There is a new version of PowerDirector in Beta testing at the moment, maybe the new one will let us do that, it would be handy sometimes. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
Trevor George
Member Location: Bristol, UK. Joined: May 29, 2010 17:44 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
I just add the clips at the end of the main track, trim or edit them there, then copy them into the main track, and when it's all finished, I just 'remove' the unwanted bits at the end Trevor . . My YouTube site . . (Bristol, UK) . . My JVC GZ-HM1 Camcorder
[Post New]
Yep, that's a solution.

But if you're on a very long movie it can be annoying. Anyway, it's a solution.

Thank you! Umberto

P.S. Just discovered about PD9 beta... any chance to grasp it for a trial?
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Another option is to open a second window with PD, edit and save from there, then transfer to main video. I do this a lot or in dire situations, I'll resort to using a second editing software, but I'd much rather stick with PD8 Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.