Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Glad we helped you find a solution! Happy moviemaking.

Thanks StevenG - appreciated smile
Quote What are you copying and pasting from?

If you use a basic word processor like Notepad, this will definitely not be an issue.

Update: I worked out why this didn't work with Notepad. Although the text was originated in Notepad I had used the 'indent arrows' > to go from one date to another ie 2000 > 2022, as my text piece was to do with dates of events. When I went back and undid this and just used the space bar instead between dates - all was well! It copied and pasted into Power Director no problem. I hope this makes sense? Thanks again StevenG.
Quote What are you copying and pasting from?

If you use a basic word processor like Notepad, this will definitely not be an issue.

Hi StevenG - thanks for getting back. I've tried Libre Office & thought that might be the problem. So I then re-typed the text and tried with Notepad - exactly the same. I must be doing something wrong?
When I copy and paste text into Power Director 20 it is showing hidden formatting text. Can anyone advise how to get rid of this? Thanks in advance.
I only recently heard this sad sews about dear CP. A number of years ago when I was new to Cyberlink Power Director - CP was one of the first (the others know who they are) to help me - through the DZ Forum. Long after the DZ Forum was no more, we kept in touch and he would send me a funny video from time to time and always commented on my Home Movies depicting family. We struck up a connection - he touched my heart and I will never forget him. RIP dear CP - thank you for all the time you spent with me - despite us being on the other side of the ocean. xx
Quote You can always try a capture from optical disc.

Thank you Tomasc for your reply. Unfortunately I have already tried that with no success! I guess I'll just have to 'learn to live with the problem'!
Quote Just a couple of questions that may or may not have some relevance. What type of DVD are you importing your VOB's from i.e. is it one that you created yourself or is it a commercial one? Secondly have you tried copying the a VOB to your computer, say the desktop first and then importing it from there?

Hi There - it is a DVD I have created myself and yes, I have tried copying the .VOB to my computer, to no avail. Thank you for replying to me - appreciated.
Quote As a workaround you can alter the extension of the vob files to...and I can't recall EXACT but someone will chime in...

alter the extension to .mpg, I think. They are the same files so see if it works.

Might be MPEG or MPG as opposed to mpg.

Hi BarryTheCrab - thank you for getting back to me. I tried that before posting as I remember it used to work before if I ever had a rare problem with vobs. Unfortunately - that method doesn't work with Power Director 15 Ultimate - or at least it doen't work - for me. Thank you again for replying.
Hi there - I am using Cyberlink Power Director 15 - Ultimate. For some reason I am unable to import any .vobs into my project which was not a problem with other versions. I tried looking to see if there was a similar problem amongst the Forum queries - but could not see anything? Thanks. smile
Quote Heddy... maybe you can hit the 'this helped me' under Tony's comments. I thik that then marks the issue as resolved.. I think.

If it doesn't, maybe you can go in and change the subject line and include the work 'solved' or something like that. Thanks

CS

I will do that. Thanks.
Quote Did setting it to no fix it?

CS

Sorry - I was unable to get back sooner.

It worked great!

I'm delighted with the result! laughing

Thank you Tony! x
Quote Heddy -

I didn't doubt for a moment that you had been less-than-precise laughing

In the attached project, on you PC, does the party hat appear instantly at 00:00:01:00 with timeline framerate set to 30fps & no drop time code?

Cheers - Tony

Dear Tony - thank you very much for going to this bother for me.laughing

In answer to your questions:

Yes - party hat appears instantly at 00:00:01:00 with timeline framerate set to 30fps. However, the drop time code was set to 'yes'?

Thank you x
Quote Hi Heddybelle -

There isn't by chance, perhaps, a sneaky little fade-in assigned to that PiP Object is there?

Unless your PC is really struggling with display, I can't see any other reason for the delay.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the party hat PiP Object isn't aligned precisely with the other image.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony - thank you for replying to my query. Re a 'sneaky little fade-in' assigned to that particualr PIP object - no, as I realised a while back that could be/would be the issue. However, I do have some fade-ins assigned to other media photographs (not any PIP objects though) in the time line before and after the party hat PIP object? Could this be the reason? Perhaps no sneaky little fade-ins apllied/allowed anywhere on the time line when using PIP objects? cry Re the other possibility about perhaps the PIP object not being aligned precisely with the other image - no, I am particualrly precise about that!

Thank you again for your reply - very much appreciated.
Quote Can’t see your timeline. Assuming a normal slideshow with transitions then the PiP object in track 2 won’t be affected. You may want to try this: Take a snapshot of each photograph that has a party hat. Use these snapshot in place of the original photographs in the timeline with a PiP object in the track below it.

Thank you tomasc for replying to my question - much appreciated. As far as I am aware it is always a 'normal slideshow with transitions' - yet I still have this problem. However, I never thought to take a snapshot as you suggested. Thanks for the tip. laughing
Can anyone advise me with this problem, as I think it is something I am doing wrong/not doing? Whenever I use a PIP object in my Cyberlink Power Director project and place it on the timeline to correspond with the particular media photograph it is intended for - there is a few seconds delay before the PIP object appears. As an example ... say it was a Christmas party hat PIP object I wanted to place on the subjects head in the media photograph on the timeline, then the subject appears a few seconds before the party hat! Yet I have both the media content and the PIP object both starting/ending at exacly the same time? Is there anyway round this? Something I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Quote Hi Heddybelle -

You are probably aware that 16:9 templates will only appear in the library of a 16:9 project. Same for 4:3.

Perhaps those templates did install correctly, but your project aspect ratio doesn't match them. Try switching the aspect ratio of your project and check the "Downloaded" section of Titles, Particles (or whatever).

Cheers - Tonybelle laughing

Hi Tony - thank you for your reply. Wow - I haven't asked for help for what seems like 'years' and when I do, the solution is so simple it makes me want to cringe with embarassment, and never ask for help again for another few 'years'! I am new to Power Director15 and did not realise that the aspect ratio now has 9.16 & 360 added to 16.9 & 4.3!!! I always use the former and as I never usually have to check as it is normally 'always at 16.9' in my previous versions - I just assumed that 'something wasn't working as it should'! I never thought to check! Doh! And when I read your reply I thought to myself 'well it is at 16.9 and they match the downloaded section of Titles etc' (not having checked of course as normally I never have to bother!). The aspect ratio was set at 9.16!!!!! I changed it to 16.9 and - voila - there they all are! I am so glad you could not see my red face Tony! embarassed Aaargh - how can one person who has used PD for a long time - be so stupid?!!! Hee hee! Oh well - I just hope there is some other (simple) soul out there who might find my question, and you and Carl's answers - to be of help to them. THANK YOU BOTH for taking the time to answer. I am now away to hide for a couple of years until I can show face again! Not before though, I say thank you - to you both for replying and to wish you 'A Happy & Healthy 2017'. All the very best. Heddybelle xx
Quote Hi there - I am unable to instalL DZ downloads into my Cyberlink Power Director 15. I did a wee experiment today ie I installed Cyberlink Power Director on to my husbands 'old' computer - where it installed and worked perectly ie downloads installed 'no bother'. After uninstalling PD15 and reinstalling it on my own 'new' computer - and although Power Director 15 works fine - it will not install any downloads! Any ideas? Thank you!
Check to see if your malware scanner may be blocking your access to Director Zone and/or Cyberlink.

When you double click a download do you get the message that the effect was installed correctly? Or you are just not receiving the download on your new computer?

Look to see if you have C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\EffectExtractor.exe. That is the application known as Direct Zone Menu. It is the application responsable for extracting the effects for Powerdirector downloads.

Forgot to say Carl - yes, I am getting the message that the effect was installed correctly
Quote Hi there - I am unable to instalL DZ downloads into my Cyberlink Power Director 15. I did a wee experiment today ie I installed Cyberlink Power Director on to my husbands 'old' computer - where it installed and worked perectly ie downloads installed 'no bother'. After uninstalling PD15 and reinstalling it on my own 'new' computer - and although Power Director 15 works fine - it will not install any downloads! Any ideas? Thank you!
Check to see if your malware scanner may be blocking your access to Director Zone and/or Cyberlink.

When you double click a download do you get the message that the effect was installed correctly? Or you are just not receiving the download on your new computer?

Look to see if you have C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\EffectExtractor.exe. That is the application known as Direct Zone Menu. It is the application responsable for extracting the effects for Powerdirector downloads.

Thank you Carl for answering my query. I hadn't thought of perhaps my malware scanner blocking access to Director Zone and/or Cyberlink - so I checked, and no, it wasn't blocking access.

Yes - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\EffectExtractor.exe ... all as it should be.

Problem still exists unfortunately.

Thanks again Carl x
Hi there - I am unable to instalL DZ downloads into my Cyberlink Power Director 15. I did a wee experiment today ie I installed Cyberlink Power Director on to my husbands 'old' computer - where it installed and worked perectly ie downloads installed 'no bother'. After uninstalling PD15 and reinstalling it on my own 'new' computer - and although Power Director 15 works fine - it will not install any downloads! Any ideas? Thank you!
'SImples' Indeed Robert! That describes me too today methinks! Thank you for popping in to help me out! x
Go to: