Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to install DZ downloads into PD15
[Post New]
Hi there - I am unable to instalL DZ downloads into my Cyberlink Power Director 15. I did a wee experiment today ie I installed Cyberlink Power Director on to my husbands 'old' computer - where it installed and worked perectly ie downloads installed 'no bother'. After uninstalling PD15 and reinstalling it on my own 'new' computer - and although Power Director 15 works fine - it will not install any downloads! Any ideas? Thank you!
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi there - I am unable to instalL DZ downloads into my Cyberlink Power Director 15. I did a wee experiment today ie I installed Cyberlink Power Director on to my husbands 'old' computer - where it installed and worked perectly ie downloads installed 'no bother'. After uninstalling PD15 and reinstalling it on my own 'new' computer - and although Power Director 15 works fine - it will not install any downloads! Any ideas? Thank you!
Check to see if your malware scanner may be blocking your access to Director Zone and/or Cyberlink.

When you double click a download do you get the message that the effect was installed correctly? Or you are just not receiving the download on your new computer?

Look to see if you have C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\EffectExtractor.exe. That is the application known as Direct Zone Menu. It is the application responsable for extracting the effects for Powerdirector downloads. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote Hi there - I am unable to instalL DZ downloads into my Cyberlink Power Director 15. I did a wee experiment today ie I installed Cyberlink Power Director on to my husbands 'old' computer - where it installed and worked perectly ie downloads installed 'no bother'. After uninstalling PD15 and reinstalling it on my own 'new' computer - and although Power Director 15 works fine - it will not install any downloads! Any ideas? Thank you!
Check to see if your malware scanner may be blocking your access to Director Zone and/or Cyberlink.

When you double click a download do you get the message that the effect was installed correctly? Or you are just not receiving the download on your new computer?

Look to see if you have C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\EffectExtractor.exe. That is the application known as Direct Zone Menu. It is the application responsable for extracting the effects for Powerdirector downloads.

Thank you Carl for answering my query. I hadn't thought of perhaps my malware scanner blocking access to Director Zone and/or Cyberlink - so I checked, and no, it wasn't blocking access.

Yes - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\EffectExtractor.exe ... all as it should be.

Problem still exists unfortunately.

Thanks again Carl x
[Post New]

Look to see if you have C:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared files\EffectExtractor.exe. That is the application known as Direct Zone Menu. It is the application responsable for extracting the effects for Powerdirector downloads.

Forgot to say Carl - yes, I am getting the message that the effect was installed correctly
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Heddybelle -

You are probably aware that 16:9 templates will only appear in the library of a 16:9 project. Same for 4:3.

Perhaps those templates did install correctly, but your project aspect ratio doesn't match them. Try switching the aspect ratio of your project and check the "Downloaded" section of Titles, Particles (or whatever).

Cheers - Tonybelle laughing
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Heddybelle -

You are probably aware that 16:9 templates will only appear in the library of a 16:9 project. Same for 4:3.

Perhaps those templates did install correctly, but your project aspect ratio doesn't match them. Try switching the aspect ratio of your project and check the "Downloaded" section of Titles, Particles (or whatever).

Cheers - Tonybelle laughing

Hi Tony - thank you for your reply. Wow - I haven't asked for help for what seems like 'years' and when I do, the solution is so simple it makes me want to cringe with embarassment, and never ask for help again for another few 'years'! I am new to Power Director15 and did not realise that the aspect ratio now has 9.16 & 360 added to 16.9 & 4.3!!! I always use the former and as I never usually have to check as it is normally 'always at 16.9' in my previous versions - I just assumed that 'something wasn't working as it should'! I never thought to check! Doh! And when I read your reply I thought to myself 'well it is at 16.9 and they match the downloaded section of Titles etc' (not having checked of course as normally I never have to bother!). The aspect ratio was set at 9.16!!!!! I changed it to 16.9 and - voila - there they all are! I am so glad you could not see my red face Tony! embarassed Aaargh - how can one person who has used PD for a long time - be so stupid?!!! Hee hee! Oh well - I just hope there is some other (simple) soul out there who might find my question, and you and Carl's answers - to be of help to them. THANK YOU BOTH for taking the time to answer. I am now away to hide for a couple of years until I can show face again! Not before though, I say thank you - to you both for replying and to wish you 'A Happy & Healthy 2017'. All the very best. Heddybelle xx