Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hidden Formatting Text Showing
[Post New]
When I copy and paste text into Power Director 20 it is showing hidden formatting text. Can anyone advise how to get rid of this? Thanks in advance.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
What are you copying and pasting from?

If you use a basic word processor like Notepad, this will definitely not be an issue.
[Post New]
Quote What are you copying and pasting from?

If you use a basic word processor like Notepad, this will definitely not be an issue.

Hi StevenG - thanks for getting back. I've tried Libre Office & thought that might be the problem. So I then re-typed the text and tried with Notepad - exactly the same. I must be doing something wrong?
[Post New]
Quote What are you copying and pasting from?

Update: I worked out why this didn't work with Notepad. Although the text was originated in Notepad I had used the 'indent arrows' > to go from one date to another ie 2000 > 2022, as my text piece was to do with dates of events. When I went back and undid this and just used the space bar instead between dates - all was well! It copied and pasted into Power Director no problem. I hope this makes sense? Thanks again StevenG.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Glad we helped you find a solution! Happy moviemaking.
[Post New]
Quote Glad we helped you find a solution! Happy moviemaking.

Thanks StevenG - appreciated smile