Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PIP query
[Post New]
Can anyone advise me with this problem, as I think it is something I am doing wrong/not doing? Whenever I use a PIP object in my Cyberlink Power Director project and place it on the timeline to correspond with the particular media photograph it is intended for - there is a few seconds delay before the PIP object appears. As an example ... say it was a Christmas party hat PIP object I wanted to place on the subjects head in the media photograph on the timeline, then the subject appears a few seconds before the party hat! Yet I have both the media content and the PIP object both starting/ending at exacly the same time? Is there anyway round this? Something I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Can’t see your timeline. Assuming a normal slideshow with transitions then the PiP object in track 2 won’t be affected. You may want to try this: Take a snapshot of each photograph that has a party hat. Use these snapshot in place of the original photographs in the timeline with a PiP object in the track below it.
[Post New]
Quote Can’t see your timeline. Assuming a normal slideshow with transitions then the PiP object in track 2 won’t be affected. You may want to try this: Take a snapshot of each photograph that has a party hat. Use these snapshot in place of the original photographs in the timeline with a PiP object in the track below it.

Thank you tomasc for replying to my question - much appreciated. As far as I am aware it is always a 'normal slideshow with transitions' - yet I still have this problem. However, I never thought to take a snapshot as you suggested. Thanks for the tip. laughing
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Heddybelle -

There isn't by chance, perhaps, a sneaky little fade-in assigned to that PiP Object is there?

Unless your PC is really struggling with display, I can't see any other reason for the delay.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the party hat PiP Object isn't aligned precisely with the other image.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi Heddybelle -

There isn't by chance, perhaps, a sneaky little fade-in assigned to that PiP Object is there?

Unless your PC is really struggling with display, I can't see any other reason for the delay.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the party hat PiP Object isn't aligned precisely with the other image.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony - thank you for replying to my query. Re a 'sneaky little fade-in' assigned to that particualr PIP object - no, as I realised a while back that could be/would be the issue. However, I do have some fade-ins assigned to other media photographs (not any PIP objects though) in the time line before and after the party hat PIP object? Could this be the reason? Perhaps no sneaky little fade-ins apllied/allowed anywhere on the time line when using PIP objects? cry Re the other possibility about perhaps the PIP object not being aligned precisely with the other image - no, I am particualrly precise about that!

Thank you again for your reply - very much appreciated.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Heddy -

I didn't doubt for a moment that you had been less-than-precise laughing

In the attached project, on you PC, does the party hat appear instantly at 00:00:01:00 with timeline framerate set to 30fps & no drop time code?

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
PiP Query.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
926 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
218 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Heddy -

I didn't doubt for a moment that you had been less-than-precise laughing

In the attached project, on you PC, does the party hat appear instantly at 00:00:01:00 with timeline framerate set to 30fps & no drop time code?

Cheers - Tony

Dear Tony - thank you very much for going to this bother for me.laughing

In answer to your questions:

Yes - party hat appears instantly at 00:00:01:00 with timeline framerate set to 30fps. However, the drop time code was set to 'yes'?

Thank you x

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 10. 2017 03:45

CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Did setting it to no fix it?

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
[Post New]
Quote Did setting it to no fix it?

CS

Sorry - I was unable to get back sooner.

It worked great!

I'm delighted with the result! laughing

Thank you Tony! x
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Heddy... maybe you can hit the 'this helped me' under Tony's comments. I thik that then marks the issue as resolved.. I think.

If it doesn't, maybe you can go in and change the subject line and include the work 'solved' or something like that. Thanks

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
[Post New]
Quote Heddy... maybe you can hit the 'this helped me' under Tony's comments. I thik that then marks the issue as resolved.. I think.

If it doesn't, maybe you can go in and change the subject line and include the work 'solved' or something like that. Thanks

CS

I will do that. Thanks.