Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
.VOB problem
[Post New]
Hi there - I am using Cyberlink Power Director 15 - Ultimate. For some reason I am unable to import any .vobs into my project which was not a problem with other versions. I tried looking to see if there was a similar problem amongst the Forum queries - but could not see anything? Thanks. smile
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
As a workaround you can alter the extension of the vob files to...and I can't recall EXACT but someone will chime in...

alter the extension to .mpg, I think. They are the same files so see if it works.

Might be MPEG or MPG as opposed to mpg.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 17. 2017 09:31

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
Quote As a workaround you can alter the extension of the vob files to...and I can't recall EXACT but someone will chime in...

alter the extension to .mpg, I think. They are the same files so see if it works.

Might be MPEG or MPG as opposed to mpg.

Hi BarryTheCrab - thank you for getting back to me. I tried that before posting as I remember it used to work before if I ever had a rare problem with vobs. Unfortunately - that method doesn't work with Power Director 15 Ultimate - or at least it doen't work - for me. Thank you again for replying.
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Just a couple of questions that may or may not have some relevance. What type of DVD are you importing your VOB's from i.e. is it one that you created yourself or is it a commercial one? Secondly have you tried copying the a VOB to your computer, say the desktop first and then importing it from there?
[Post New]
Quote Just a couple of questions that may or may not have some relevance. What type of DVD are you importing your VOB's from i.e. is it one that you created yourself or is it a commercial one? Secondly have you tried copying the a VOB to your computer, say the desktop first and then importing it from there?

Hi There - it is a DVD I have created myself and yes, I have tried copying the .VOB to my computer, to no avail. Thank you for replying to me - appreciated.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You can always try a capture from optical disc.
[Post New]
Quote You can always try a capture from optical disc.

Thank you Tomasc for your reply. Unfortunately I have already tried that with no success! I guess I'll just have to 'learn to live with the problem'!