Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The last upgrade allowed me to use 2 x C920's, set up in Skype but on actual usage in skype it fails resulting in a scrambling around to get rid of YouCam and back on to a single Cam before the Skype Session can go on!

And as you say, a lot of fanfare about the product but actually clumsy and useless! Feel like the proverbial Fox-terrier chasing the car and now that I caught it... WTF?

Please post if you DO find something that works and supports full HD!

Regards
The last upgrade allowed me to use 2 x C920's, set up in Skype but on actual usage in skype it fails resulting in a scrambling around to get rid of YouCam and back on to a single Cam before the Skype Session can go on!

And as you say, a lot of fanfare about the product but actually clumsy and useless! Feel like the proverbial Fox-terrier chasing the car and now that I caught it... WTF?

Please post if you DO find something that works and supports full HD!

Regards
Hi Cyberlink!

I have to buy some Webcams for work and IF YOU CAN LET ME HAVE A LIST OF KNOWN CAMS THAT DO WORK WITH YOUCAM, I can pass my cams on and Buy 2 as per your list!

Please advice Soonest!

Regards

Erich
One is a Logitech C910 and the other is a Logitech C920 bought especially so they are the same mopdel but YouCAM does not support :

Dual video is available when both web cams support YUY2 compress format. If the webcam only supports MJPG format, you will not be able to use dual video.

After our investigation, we find the web cam Logitech C910 and C920 only supports MJPG format (and H.264) . So you will not be able to use dual video.

YUY2 is some format that was probably used in WW2 and Cyberlink does not have the expertise to update YouCAM for current modes.

And I see I have dropped from Platinum to Gold status - Hey guys, How can you expect me to buy more of your software if you cannot support it!!
For a moment I thought - Finally - Cyberlink is finally sorted it ou but no !

Sorry about souning dejected on deeing your message - But it is really pathetic that the GREAT CYBELINK with the BEST Whatever on the market cannot get a common webcam to function on software they claim it can!

Ou Well....

Maybe sometime in the future......

I apologise that I had to get nasty in previous and other (FB) Posts but even that did not help.

I finally logged a call (again) and after a few to and fro's achieved this:

Thank you for writing back.

Dual video is available when both web cams support YUY2 compress format. If the webcam only supports MJPG format, you will not be able to use dual video.

After our investigation, we find the web cam Logitech C910 and C920 only supports MJPG format (and H.264) . So you will not be able to use dual video.

We have already feedback to product team to evaluate and see if it can support the web cam devices which support MJPG format only on dual video in the further development. Thanks, that would be nice as I have 2 x C920's in case the 2 web cams had to be same models - It did not have to be!)

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

(D)Amit(!)
CyberLink Technical Support

Why was that so difficult to find out!

So Either I wait some more till Cyberlink gets there S/W compatible with what (newer) Web cams out there can pump out OR I go hunting around for 2 x YUY2 webcams?

Still not a peep from Cyberlink!

Dear Valued Member,
Congratulations! You are now AGAIN qualified to become a CyberLink Platinum Member

You'll receive:
• exclusive offers for CyberLink's award-winning products
• critical updates for your products
• tutorials for Blu-ray playback, HD video editing, burning, digital home, and more
• new product release announcements and free trials
• technical literature and industry news
• helpful FAQs and support

WTF for? You don't even reply to existing issues!

1 Upgrade to PowerDirector 11 Ultimate from v.9/10 Ultra (Download version)
110061082 Download version Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, WinXP US $74.99

and another $75 and still they can't support YouCAM5 - WHy don't you withdraw it from the market???
Went to look what support I gave Cybelink through the yeas:

My Product(s) Version Channel Registration Date
PowerDirector 10.0 iSale 2012-04-01
YouCam 5.0 iSale 2011-08-02
PowerDirector 9.0 iSale 2011-05-03
YouCam 4.0 iSale 2010-09-13
PowerDirector 8.0 iSale 2010-06-24
MediaShow 5.1 iSale 2010-04-27
PowerDVD 9.0 iSale 2010-03-27
PhotoNow 1.1 iSale 2010-01-26
LabelPrint 2.5 iSale 2010-01-06
MediaShow 5.0 iSale 2010-01-06
Power2Go 6.1 iSale 2010-01-06
PowerBackup 2.6 iSale 2010-01-06
PowerDirector 8.0 iSale 2010-01-06
PowerDVD 8.0 iSale 2010-01-06
PowerDVD 9.0 iSale 2010-01-06
PowerDVDCopy 1.5 iSale 2010-01-06
PowerProducer 5.0 iSale 2010-01-06
PowerStarter 8.0 iSale 2010-01-06
LabelPrint 2.5 iSale 2009-12-16
PhotoNow 1.1 iSale 2009-12-16
PowerStarter 7.0 iSale 2009-12-16
YouCam 3.0 iSale 2009-12-15
MediaShow 4.1 iSale 2009-11-28
PhotoNow 1.1 iSale 2009-11-28
Power2Go 6.0 iSale 2009-11-28
PowerBackup 2.5 iSale 2009-11-28
PowerDirector 7.0 iSale 2009-11-28
PowerDVDCopy 1.0 iSale 2009-11-28
PowerProducer 5.0 iSale 2009-11-28
LabelPrint 2.0 Retail 2009-08-29
MediaShow 3.0 Retail 2009-08-29
Power2Go 5.5 Retail 2009-08-29
PowerBackup 2.5 Retail 2009-08-29
PowerDirector Express 5.0 Retail 2009-08-29
PowerDVD 6.0 Retail 2009-08-29
PowerDVDCopy 1.0 Retail 2009-08-29
PowerProducer 3.7 Retail 2009-08-29
PowerStarter 5.0 2009-08-29
MediaShow Espresso 5.0 iSale 2009-08-16
YouCam 3.0 iSale 2009-08-10
PowerDirector 7.0 iSale 2009-05-01
PowerDirector 7.0 iSale 2008-05-09
PowerDirector 6.0 iSale 2008-04-26
CyberLink DVD Suite 5.0 Retail 2007-01-18
PowerDirector 5.0 Retail 2007-01-18
PowerDirector 5.0 iSale 2006-12-23
PowerDirector 5.0 iSale 2006-01-31
PowerDirector 2.5 Pro OEM 2006-01-29

One would think that I deserve a reply to a simple query about Dual Cams....
This problem has been around for nearly a year and not so much as a peep out of Cybelink EXCEPT WHEN THEY WANT TO SELL AN UPGRADE!

Rate this messag - Damn - it does not allow negatives!

But when it comes to upgrading - it won't be cyberlink! I have been with you guys so many years but I guess the orinal team is not there anymore. Sad!
Obviously Cyberlink cannot help!

Pathetic!
I managed to get both webcamss to run on my PC - by plugging the 2nd one into my RENESAS USB3 cards port (it has 2) - thought was that as this card is fed via the PCI Express bus.

BUT YouCAM still says it can't load the other USB - regardless which one I strat it with.

Skype happily works with anyone of the two.

Giveaway of the Day offers "Video surveillance and motion capture software. " for free today! Some key features are: unlimited cameras (including IP and USB cameras), ....

Will download it this evening and see if that works!

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com

Regards
One can only post and hope someone can help!
Hi,
When I attach a second (Logitech) webcam to my Windows 7(64) Ultimate Intel MoBo i7 920, 6GB Ram, it blue screens!

Any experience, suggestions anyone can offer?

YouCAM gives the impression that it is a webcam switcher (or something lik that!) but even before I get to YouCam(5), , as I try and install a second Webcam, the system gives be the BSD!

Cameras are a C910 and a C905

Thanks!
Must be going blind but I find no "Search Option on this Forum" - Please help me out of my delemme!

I am, in particular, looking for a message a posted a while back!
Hi, I have a composite video and a stereo lines from my TV decoder.

I feed the video in to my Intel i7 930, 6GB DDR, Intel DX58SO Smackover Motherboard running Windows 7(64) via a Pinnacle 710-USB interface.

I feed my stereo Audio via the line input of the mother board.

Running PowerDirector8 in capture mode, it looks as if the video and sound is in sync for the the duration of the recording (capture) in either wmv, avi, or any mode. (Also if I "watch TV" using AmCap.exe it looks watchable and all in sync!)

However,

When I go to EDIT, the video track runs for much shorter than the video track - I would guess aabout 75 - 80% shorter. Attempting to burn it to a DVD is a complete waste of time.

Where do I start looking??

Nope - I doubt it. YouCAM is the same for all the installations out there - works on my Windows 7 64bit i7 which WebcamMAX can't do. Fault is with your PC in one way or another as the amount of permutations of hardware is infinity.

have a look at http://www.debuggingrules.com/ - work through the rules!

If everything works 1st time, nobody will learn anything! Any problem you solve, you experience has gone up one notch!

Good Luck!
Check cables and plugs - try them on another PC or try other cables.
USB devices fail because of cheap plugs as they are plugged in and out a lot. Specially with Laptops. Thats's why I like docking stations all over (1 at work, 1 at Home - single dock - don't stress the cables and plugs!)
Is there a way of getting a Chroma key background with a green backround as with WebcamMAX?
OK - split the files to fit in 4.7Gb and everything works like a charm!

Seems to be a problem with the (burning of ?) dual layer disks.

Not a big issue - had some lying around and gave it a go.

Will try a DVD+RDL at some stage just to see if that is the issue.

Else - I am happy with DVD+R printables!

Hope you get your problems sorted out!

Erich in Cape Town - 21:23 SAST
Apologies - only reading the previous posts - FLV's worked OK with the 75% 4.7GB disk I editied and burnt before this one - works great!

So FLV must be "Compatible"
Go to: