Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dual (Multiple) (Logitech) Webcams on a PC?
[Post New]
Hi,
When I attach a second (Logitech) webcam to my Windows 7(64) Ultimate Intel MoBo i7 920, 6GB Ram, it blue screens!

Any experience, suggestions anyone can offer?

YouCAM gives the impression that it is a webcam switcher (or something lik that!) but even before I get to YouCam(5), , as I try and install a second Webcam, the system gives be the BSD!

Cameras are a C910 and a C905

Thanks!
gepatou [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2012 11:29 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

i have the same problem with two c910....not the blue screen but a message : "youcam could not init the double video"...lol
and i could not have at least one comment from memebers or support...
i've bought youcam for this end: 2 webcams...i think its a fake function...i've made some search and finally i found that even powerdirector or similar video managers do not record 2 cams at the same time...
lol....money for nothing.....
[Post New]
One can only post and hope someone can help!
[Post New]
I managed to get both webcamss to run on my PC - by plugging the 2nd one into my RENESAS USB3 cards port (it has 2) - thought was that as this card is fed via the PCI Express bus.

BUT YouCAM still says it can't load the other USB - regardless which one I strat it with.

Skype happily works with anyone of the two.

Giveaway of the Day offers "Video surveillance and motion capture software. " for free today! Some key features are: unlimited cameras (including IP and USB cameras), ....

Will download it this evening and see if that works!

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com

Regards
[Post New]
I just downloaded the YouCam trial because I need the dual webcam feature. I can select either webcam (9000 or 500) with the settings function but when I try to use the dual cam function I get the message "YouCam could not start the dual video".

Cyberlink promptly responded with the usual "make sure the web cams are working...installed...not used by Skype, etc."

It almost works. I just plugged each Logitech cam into a USB port and they work fine...One at a time. Skype can see the Cyberlink camera splitter in "options" and will use it as a webcam.

I'll post any response that I get from Cyberlink. Everything else in YouCam seems to work fine.
[Post New]
I tried HeavyMath Cam 3D today. It is anaglyph stereo photo software that uses two web-cams simultaneously. You can select different web-cams from within the software.

It works fine with my Logitech cams and produces interesting anaglyph stereo videos.

So using two cams is possible.

Please help us CyberLink.

Tyomni [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 12, 2011 12:31 Messages: 50 Offline
[Post New]
Also to this thread. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/21323.page#114238
If You can't help just say this.
[Post New]
Obviously Cyberlink cannot help!

Pathetic!
[Post New]
Still not a peep from Cyberlink!

Dear Valued Member,
Congratulations! You are now AGAIN qualified to become a CyberLink Platinum Member

You'll receive:
• exclusive offers for CyberLink's award-winning products
• critical updates for your products
• tutorials for Blu-ray playback, HD video editing, burning, digital home, and more
• new product release announcements and free trials
• technical literature and industry news
• helpful FAQs and support

WTF for? You don't even reply to existing issues!

1 Upgrade to PowerDirector 11 Ultimate from v.9/10 Ultra (Download version)
110061082 Download version Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista, WinXP US $74.99

and another $75 and still they can't support YouCAM5 - WHy don't you withdraw it from the market???
[Post New]
I apologise that I had to get nasty in previous and other (FB) Posts but even that did not help.

I finally logged a call (again) and after a few to and fro's achieved this:

Thank you for writing back.

Dual video is available when both web cams support YUY2 compress format. If the webcam only supports MJPG format, you will not be able to use dual video.

After our investigation, we find the web cam Logitech C910 and C920 only supports MJPG format (and H.264) . So you will not be able to use dual video.

We have already feedback to product team to evaluate and see if it can support the web cam devices which support MJPG format only on dual video in the further development. Thanks, that would be nice as I have 2 x C920's in case the 2 web cams had to be same models - It did not have to be!)

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp

Thanks and Regards,

(D)Amit(!)
CyberLink Technical Support

Why was that so difficult to find out!

So Either I wait some more till Cyberlink gets there S/W compatible with what (newer) Web cams out there can pump out OR I go hunting around for 2 x YUY2 webcams?

Vapian
Newbie Location: Rock Hill, SC Joined: Aug 15, 2011 17:29 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
I bought YouCam 5 on a sale a while back specifically for the dual cam support but didn't get around to needing it until recently.

Same boat - two Logitech C910's, and cannot make both of them work.

Just sent a note into Tech Support asking for status re: are they still looking into it (per the feedback above).

Keeping my fingers crossed - really do not want to have to invest in ManyCam or look into finding cameras that specifically support YUY2. . . .
[Post New]
For a moment I thought - Finally - Cyberlink is finally sorted it ou but no !

Sorry about souning dejected on deeing your message - But it is really pathetic that the GREAT CYBELINK with the BEST Whatever on the market cannot get a common webcam to function on software they claim it can!

Ou Well....

Maybe sometime in the future......

Baie [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Feb 14, 2013 00:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Erichv,

What is the model number of the webcam?

I would suggest checking out the Logitech website:

http://www.logitech..../home/&cl=au,en

If you have the model number then you can use the search box in the top right corner to locate your webcam on their website. If they have any drivers for download then you will be able to find them.

Also, when you plug it in, do any lights flash on the webcam?
[Post New]
One is a Logitech C910 and the other is a Logitech C920 bought especially so they are the same mopdel but YouCAM does not support :

Dual video is available when both web cams support YUY2 compress format. If the webcam only supports MJPG format, you will not be able to use dual video.

After our investigation, we find the web cam Logitech C910 and C920 only supports MJPG format (and H.264) . So you will not be able to use dual video.

YUY2 is some format that was probably used in WW2 and Cyberlink does not have the expertise to update YouCAM for current modes.

And I see I have dropped from Platinum to Gold status - Hey guys, How can you expect me to buy more of your software if you cannot support it!!

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 14. 2013 05:02

[Post New]
Hi Cyberlink!

I have to buy some Webcams for work and IF YOU CAN LET ME HAVE A LIST OF KNOWN CAMS THAT DO WORK WITH YOUCAM, I can pass my cams on and Buy 2 as per your list!

Please advice Soonest!

Regards

Erich
Johntechwriter
Newbie Location: San Francisco Bay Area Joined: Nov 17, 2012 20:07 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
By not supporting MPG4/H.264 codec, this application cannot be used to produce professional, or even pro-sumer deliverables.

It's the same with the TrueTheatre enhancement: it doesn't work on resolution above 640 x 480!

Beneath the flashy marketing and UI, YouCam5 is underpowered. Even Logitech's consumer-level Quick Capture application outguns YouCam in its ability to record True HD in MPG4.

I bought YouCam5 to use at a professional level. It does not deliver the features it claims to have. I want a refund!
[Post New]
The last upgrade allowed me to use 2 x C920's, set up in Skype but on actual usage in skype it fails resulting in a scrambling around to get rid of YouCam and back on to a single Cam before the Skype Session can go on!

And as you say, a lot of fanfare about the product but actually clumsy and useless! Feel like the proverbial Fox-terrier chasing the car and now that I caught it... WTF?

Please post if you DO find something that works and supports full HD!

Regards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 24. 2013 02:11

BenEBrady [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Maxwell, TX Joined: Jun 11, 2013 14:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
The information about both cameras supporting YUY2 seems to be incorrect. I've got 2 Microsoft Lifecam Studio web cams on my computer, which appears to support YUY2 video format and YouCam still cannot display Dual Video mode.