Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Jamie, I will try that.
I made a DVD completely in NTSC mode from video I took on my Canon camcorder. I want to make a PAL copy to send a friend in Spain. If open the project, change the preferences setting to PAL, and burn the DVD, will it work in Europe? I'm asking because I have no way of testing it before I send it.

Hi Andrew,

Success! I'm going to do some experimenting to further nail down where the problem is, but my unscientific gut feel is that I should be producing mpeg2 rather than avi. That seemed to make the difference. However, it is a bit premature to say that until I do some more testing.

Much obliged for the help.

Craig
Hi Andrew,

I tied, but got the same result. A few questions...

1) Is there a particular way you wanted me to look for encoding errors other than watching for error messages during the process?

2) When I produced the movie I output an avi file. Not sure if that is what you intended.

Thanks,
Craig
I will try that and let you know.

I used to go on business to an airbase near Chester (Hawarden Field), and one Sunday I took a car trip through northern Wales. Awesome.
I assembled a video and it burns fine. When I add a slide show to the movie, it will no longer burn (hangs at 21% complete). I tried making the slideshow in the movie project, making it outside the project producing it and importing it into the movie as an avi, inserting it at different points in the movie and in every case it will not burn. I can delete the slideshow from the movie and then the movie will burn just fine.

I'm stumped at what to try next.
I'm having the same experience. Not a major problem, but kind of defeats the purpose folder names if it's always the same.
I'm hanging at 21%, as well. I've tried DVD only and burn to HD only with same result. I produced a avi file, put it in a new project and it hung at 24% in the burn process. Something fishy going on here...
Jeff, That was the ticket. Much obliged. Craig
After adding buttons on chapter pages of a menu, I get a small number 1, 2, and 3 to the upper left of each button respectively. I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of them. They show on the menu when viewing the DVD.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
I found the answer to #2... it's in the Playback Mode Settings.

Still wondering about those pesky digits attached to each button.
1) After adding buttons on chapter pages of a menu, I get a small number 1, 2, and 3 to the upper left of each button respectively. I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of them.

2) In PD7 one could set the duration of the music/video loop on the menu pages, but I cannot find that setting.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.
Can I use PowerDirector to convert a PAL DVD to NTSC?
great, thanks... I can't believe I couldn't find that
I cannot find any information in help on how to add a color board. I want to insert some black space between clips.
Go to: