Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 DVD Folder Issue
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Does this issue existing for everyone using PD8? I find it very annoying. During Create Disc, if you create a DVD Folder and give it a path like "D:\CL How Come\What Next\My Video" the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS are in folder "My Video" as they should be. But if you use a path like "D:\CL How Come\What Next\My Video2" the files are written to a sub folder in "My Video2" called "My Video", why? That's not the path and name I gave! As you might expect, this feature did not occur in PD7.

Jeff
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
"D:\CL How Come\What Next\My Video2" is the path to the folder where you want the disc to be created. my Video is the name of the disc/folder it will create.

So...if you want the disc to be created in "My Folder2" make the path "D:\CL How Come\What Next\" and change the name of the project. After you click on Create Disc there will be a small icon representing the video. Beside that it says "My Video". Click on that and you can rename it. The result will be "D:\CL How Come\What Next\My Video2\Video_TS" __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Jamie,

Could you ad a snapshot? My eyes can't find a small icon representing the video.

Jeff
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, my description wasn't very good, but here is what it looks like. Click where it says 'My Video' and you can then change the name. I believe that will solve your problem.

[Post New]
Jamie,

No, I'm afraid it does not solve the issue. Did you try it and it worked for you? This changes the name of that particular video but not the name of the saved DVD folder. I don’t think it would even make sense to implement in this area, you can import more than 1 video or pds project and the name of the DVD folder would artificially take on the name of the first Title in your DVD folder burn?

To me it simply looks like PD8 tacks on "My Video" into any path you define except if the original path ended in "My Video".

Jeff
[Thumb - DVD Folder.gif]
 Filename
DVD Folder.gif
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
232 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2009 11:14

[Post New]
I'm having the same experience. Not a major problem, but kind of defeats the purpose folder names if it's always the same.