Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
movie won't burn after inserting slide show
[Post New]
I assembled a video and it burns fine. When I add a slide show to the movie, it will no longer burn (hangs at 21% complete). I tried making the slideshow in the movie project, making it outside the project producing it and importing it into the movie as an avi, inserting it at different points in the movie and in every case it will not burn. I can delete the slideshow from the movie and then the movie will burn just fine.

I'm stumped at what to try next.
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Craig,

Try this, I've found this very useful.

1. Add the files to the timeline and edit as before;
2. Click on the 'Produce' tab and produce your work to a file that matches your required final output to dvd/blu-ray exactly;
3. Go back to the 'Edit' tab - this newly created file of your work should now be in the library;
4. Remove all the clips on the timeline and replace with your newly produced file. Check the newly produced file for any encoding errors;
5. Add chapter markers if required;
6. Select 'Create Disc' and select settings that match the file of your produced work.
7. Burn disc

Let me know how you get on!

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530
[Post New]
I will try that and let you know.

I used to go on business to an airbase near Chester (Hawarden Field), and one Sunday I took a car trip through northern Wales. Awesome.
[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

I tied, but got the same result. A few questions...

1) Is there a particular way you wanted me to look for encoding errors other than watching for error messages during the process?

2) When I produced the movie I output an avi file. Not sure if that is what you intended.

Thanks,
Craig
Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Craig,

When I say check for encoding errors, when you place the newly produced work on the timeline, watch it through, check it plays ok.

If you are burning to DVD, I would produce a file in mpeg2 format with DVDHQ settings.

Once you have watched it through on the timeline, in create disc I would again select mpeg2 and DVDHQ. That way no re-encoding is needed. The video and audio settings you select in create disc MUST be the same as the ones you selected in produce for this to work.

Keep me posted!

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2009 16:45

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

[Post New]
Hi Andrew,

Success! I'm going to do some experimenting to further nail down where the problem is, but my unscientific gut feel is that I should be producing mpeg2 rather than avi. That seemed to make the difference. However, it is a bit premature to say that until I do some more testing.

Much obliged for the help.

Craig
Andrew - Wales, UK
[Post New]
Hi Craig,

Excellent news! I've never produced to .avi so have no real opinion or experience of it.

Regards,

Andrew Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB