Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks Carl, I will do that.
Jim
Hi, can anyone explain why PD 10 still on my Pc when I upgraded to PD 12? Usually when software is upgraded it takes all your old settings and installs them to the new version and deletes the old version. If I manually uninstall the old version '10' when I lose anything? Thanks for your time.
Jim
Thanks for that, it is an excellent idea. I should have uploaded test pieces, especially now that I am trying different tweaks and formats.
I definitely shouldn't have uploaded the whole 1st video but my song co-writer friend was anxious to get his first video posted and now is afraid to lose the number of hits we've had so far if I change the video on Youtube : ) Thank you all again for the tips. Cheers
Jim
Thanks for getting back to me Carl, unfortunately I got anxious waiting and ended up doing almost a 4 hr. upload of it in the Mpeg 2 but I did it in Progressive not knowing any better. It just went up next to the other one on Youtube a few minutes ago. Not sure if I will leave it or not, I did make it a little brighter and the drummers face is less blurry but I now have a bit of white around my black pant legs. But overall I think it is an improvement. It's a little tough getting all those chroma key tracks to look perfect but it's a learning experience. It would be interesting to see what it would have been like in interlaced. I may just render it in interlaced to just to have a look at it on my Pc. I also upgraded the audio from Dolby 256 kbps to 384 kbps. Thanks again.
Jim
Hi and thanks Carl, I didn't know if I should upload to Youtube with a Mpeg 2 or not because I didn't see it under their recommendations, but that's good to know I can send that because the rear faces aren't blurry in my saved Mpeg 2 version.
When I transfer the video from the camera to PD 12 and check the properties of those video files in my timeline I does read: Mpeg 2 Bitrate 7.95 Mbps with a resolution of 720 X 480, frame rate: 29.97 interlaced, so that's a good thing. So if I use that profile: Mpeg-2 HQ (720 X 4800 at 8Mbps) should I stay with interlaced since my SD camera uploaded as interlaced or should I change it to the Youtube recommended Progressive? I'm not sure how to deinterlace as they suggest.
Jim
Hi again, since the original video footage is Mpeg 2 should I maybe render it to Mpeg 4 to upload to Youtube instead of WMV? Can I still keep the Resolution at the original 720 X 480? They recommend Progressive instead of Interlaced which my original footage is, are the PD 12 'WMV 9 and Mpeg 4 rendering presets' progressive? Or do you just recommend I keep experimenting? This is only the second video that I have edited and I am flying by the seat of my pants and I am not sure what is best for a Windows user versus a Mac user or if it matters. Should I try to make a custom produce preset? It seems like only some of them are editable. Anyways, any recommendations for this old truck driver would be appreciated. Thank you.
Jim
Hi James1, thanks for the reply, yes I'm definitely going to stay at the 720 X 480 on the next try. But I still need to try some other things because even though I didn't upload it to Youtube, I did also render a 720 X 480 version too and I hadn't noticed then but the background faces went blurry then too ( on my pc not Youtube) The enhancing was making the video all choppy so I rendered all the other timeline tracks into a Mpeg 2 movie on my Pc and then started a new project with only that Mpeg 2 on the timeline and did a slight video denoise and video enhancement to that Mpeg 2 and it cleaned up real nice and then saved that as another Mpeg 2 which played really nice on Power DVD with clear faces etc. But then when I rendered that Mpeg 2 to the two different WMV 9 formats I got the blurry faces even at 720 X 480............................
Jim
Hi Folks, I wasn't going to post this because I'm not too proud of the outcome, but I'd like some advice on what I may have done wrong in the formatting stage for sending the video to Youtube. We recently made a video to showcase a new song we wrote. Had some fun using a Green Screen in my living room. It was only shot on an SD mini DV Panasonic PV-GS400. Even though it is not an HD camcorder, I shot it in the widescreen setting that it has. The video was uploaded to PD 12 and showed in the timeline as Mpeg 2 Bitrate 7.95 Mbps Resolution 720 X 480 Frame rate 29.97-Interlaced. The green screen was very evenly lit etc. and the footage was good quality, I wasn't real impressed with the adjustments tools that PD 12 has on the Chroma key function but was able to get a pretty good quality finished video that was saved on my pc as an Mpeg 2 DVD quality. The faces were clear etc. But then I made two different size WMV movies so I could send to Youtube. One was WMV 9 720 X 480 30p with a 3000 Kbps bitrate and one was the WMV 9 1280 X 720 30p 6000 kbps. In both cases the videos all of a sudden had the background faces such as the drummer all blurry I didn't realize how bad until after I uploaded it to Youtube. I had uploaded the larger 1280 X 720. I would like to find a better Format and resend it to Youtube. Any recommendations and can you tell me what I did wrong when I switched the MPEG 2 to the WMV format? Thank You. Here's the link to the Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiXKBtPa0rQ
Jim
Thanks JL, I guess I'll have to find a way to make this work with the info you have given to me. I may have to try and move the audio instead of the video and see what happens. Thanks for replying
Jim
Hi Folks, I am working on another music video again and I need to be much more precise in lining up different clips with other clips right on the beats. I have read about dragging out the timeline as far as it will go to get frame rate etc. but even when I do this I am still only able to drag clips from one 'second' to the next. Is there a way to drag a clip to the other 10 marks that are on the timeline in between the seconds so that I could line up at say 40 seconds and a half instead of either 40 seconds or 41 seconds. If not why do they even have the extra marks between the seconds. Thanks for any help you can send my way.
Jim
One other thing I keep forgetting to mention when I am talking about older Pc's is that every Youtube I've ever watched whether it be a high end HD trailer for a movie or a music video even including our other video that John edited
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi9-GUtU5bs&feature=channel&list=UL which is rendered at almost the same specks as Cold Cold Comfort, runs perfectly in sync with no glitches what so ever on this everyday old Pc. The only Youtube video I have a problem watching is Cold Cold Comfort where the audio/video syncing is way off. That makes absolutely no sense to me.
Jim
Precisely, I'll probably build a new Pc just for everyday internet use anyways, this ones pretty outdated and my PD 10 Pc is strickly for editing. The audio or song wave files I drag into PD are songs I've recorded on another PC that just has Avid's ProTools 10 on it so all my tracks are edited first on this PC into a single stereo track. When we record the video, we actually have an ipod player playing very loudly out beside us and we have the guitars plugged in and are playing and singing right along with the finshed song from the ipod. That way when I drag the video tracks into PD I also have that audio reference to help line up with the finished audio song that I have in PD audio track 1. The actual audio from the video footage that has us playing and singing along is then removed so only the finished song can be heard.
Jim
Thanks Carl, I obviously don't know much about frame rates and seconds etc. I shouldn't have said seconds, I suppose I meant just a single frame, on a few occassions if I moved a frame one click to left or right, it would just be off the beat on the audio track to either side and not exactly on it. It would be especially noticable in something like a drum strike where I can see by moving one frame at a time exactly where the stick hits the drum skin and then see exactly where that accented hit would be on the wave file. I had been wondering if there had been a way to drag the frame to exactly 1/2 way inbetween two timeframe markers to land exactly on the beat in the wave and not to either side of them. Now I see that, that's a no. Thanks again for the info, I have been printing it and saving it in my Video folder for future reference. In fact after you told me the difference in ethernet speeds from my old Pc to the new one, I installed an Ethernet card on my old Pc yesterday and disabled the one that came on the old motherboard. The old one went from being 100 Mbps to 1.0 Gbps just like the new one. That makes a great differnce. Playing Cold Comfort from Youtube is still out of Sync on the old Pc so that is definitly video card related and not internet speed but it is still good to have the old pc up to speed internet wise. Thanks
Jim
Hi Folks, I rerendered the Cold Cold Comfort video on Youtube to 4_3 SD at 3000kbps 720 X 480 so of course the link number changed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczam0A50J8&list=HL1344031577&feature=mh_lolz
There are a couple of small new edits at the very end solo and there's a lady in red (my wife) to corespond with one of the lines in the lyrics. It still plays just as well and in sync live from Youtube on this powerful PD computer but when I went to my old PC and also watched it online it was still out of sync so I guess no matter how small the upload it is still going to be out of sync on the odd PC. Most everyone I know said it is in Sync on their Pc's except one old laptop, my old Pc and I think maybe a couple of fellows from this forum. So it will just have to stay the way it is because it is very tightly synced in the finished movie as well as live on this PC.
I do have a question though, when I am on the timeline, once in awhile I can see that I am about 1/2 a second off from being exactly on the beat of the audio track but I can only move it by a whole second not a 1/2. Is there any way to set the timeline with double the marker lines so video can be shifted just half a second or half a frame. That would make music video editing even more tighter for the shots etc. Thanks
Jim
Thanks much Carl
Jim
Thanks very much Neil, glad you liked it. I'm sure Des will appreciate the Tuturials you added, I know I definitly will, it could be fun messing around with those kind of effects. Cheers
Jim
Thanks Carl and Tony, yes that profile looks really close to what John, who was in the video with me, used for our first video 'Tumblin' Since his camcorder and mine are the same and Tumblin looks and sounds good on Youtube, I will work with that. Whatever editing software he uses was down at the time and I think he was forced to just use what ever was on his PC and ended up using AVI format at 720 X 480, 4.3, at a total bitrate of 29796 kbps. The only difference is he somehow had an Audio bitrate of 1024 kbps in Wav (which I didn't think Youtube recommended but the Wav seemed to work fine) at 32Khz. I know Tony that you mentioned the WMV limitations, is there much difference in his 1024 kbps and the 320 kbps audio bitrates for sound quality since it is a music video? Thanks again
Jim
Hi again, I don't want to beat a dead horse but I will leave with this one last question. I do know how to edit the WMV profiles now using my other Pc which has Windows Xp thanks to ynotfish. I want to make the perfect WMV Profile for uploading music videos to Youtube. I don't want the file start with the words Youtube because I will be uploading manually and not through PD 10. I just want to render into a windows format with a high quality audio format such as WMA stereo 44 khz. Before rendering I will be editing in 4:3 from a SD mini Dv camcorder (not HD) that shoots in mpeg-2 720 X 480, 29.97 interlaced but I will want the final render to be in Progessive instead of interleaved because that's what youtube recommend, and I will be staying in 4:3 SD but hopefully still a good quality. Any Profiles or profile settings to recommend in 4:3 ? Thanks
Jim
Thanks for getting back to me Jim and for your candor, in all seriousness I know I should start keeping better care of my own hearing from all those years of loud music. I have a lot of difficulty hearing people speaking and have been given advice to get checked for a hearing aid.
Jim
Hey Des, that was pretty cool, I gotta learn how to do that, now I understand what you're trying to do with the split screen. Is there anyway you could move around the camera so that you have a split screen with your whole head in each shot so that it looked like twin bothers sitting in the room singing together? Anyways it should be even better when you get all that worked out. Good idea. Thanks for sharing.
Jim
Go to: