Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rerender to a smaller 4_3
Jim5519 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Toronto, Canada Joined: Jun 24, 2012 18:54 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks, I rerendered the Cold Cold Comfort video on Youtube to 4_3 SD at 3000kbps 720 X 480 so of course the link number changed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczam0A50J8&list=HL1344031577&feature=mh_lolz
There are a couple of small new edits at the very end solo and there's a lady in red (my wife) to corespond with one of the lines in the lyrics. It still plays just as well and in sync live from Youtube on this powerful PD computer but when I went to my old PC and also watched it online it was still out of sync so I guess no matter how small the upload it is still going to be out of sync on the odd PC. Most everyone I know said it is in Sync on their Pc's except one old laptop, my old Pc and I think maybe a couple of fellows from this forum. So it will just have to stay the way it is because it is very tightly synced in the finished movie as well as live on this PC.
I do have a question though, when I am on the timeline, once in awhile I can see that I am about 1/2 a second off from being exactly on the beat of the audio track but I can only move it by a whole second not a 1/2. Is there any way to set the timeline with double the marker lines so video can be shifted just half a second or half a frame. That would make music video editing even more tighter for the shots etc. Thanks
Jim

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 04. 2012 16:05

Windows 7 64-bit, 32 GB Ram, Asus P9X79WS MB, Intel Core i7 3820 Quad core CPU, Asus ENGTX 570 Video Card, WD VelociRapter 600GB 10,000 rpm OS drive, WD Cavier Green 1TB Sata 6.0 storage drive. Panasonic PVGS400 mini DV camcorder, Power Director 10
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
but I can only move it by a whole second not a 1/2. Is there any way to set the timeline with double the marker lines so video can be shifted just half a second or half a frame.

You can drag the timeline to the right as far as it will go for a one frame resolution.

one frame of NTSC = 33 MS
one frame of PAL = 40 MS.

1/2 second = 500 MS.
1/2 second = 15 frames for NTSC.
1/2 second = 12 or 13 frames for PAL (12.5 frames but you can only do whole frames).

The way you get that resolution is to expand the timeline to its maximum.
Drag to the right with the mouse until it stops.

Down to the frame level. Each mark on the top of the timeline will then be one frame.
You can move one mark or one frame.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Jim5519 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Toronto, Canada Joined: Jun 24, 2012 18:54 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Carl, I obviously don't know much about frame rates and seconds etc. I shouldn't have said seconds, I suppose I meant just a single frame, on a few occassions if I moved a frame one click to left or right, it would just be off the beat on the audio track to either side and not exactly on it. It would be especially noticable in something like a drum strike where I can see by moving one frame at a time exactly where the stick hits the drum skin and then see exactly where that accented hit would be on the wave file. I had been wondering if there had been a way to drag the frame to exactly 1/2 way inbetween two timeframe markers to land exactly on the beat in the wave and not to either side of them. Now I see that, that's a no. Thanks again for the info, I have been printing it and saving it in my Video folder for future reference. In fact after you told me the difference in ethernet speeds from my old Pc to the new one, I installed an Ethernet card on my old Pc yesterday and disabled the one that came on the old motherboard. The old one went from being 100 Mbps to 1.0 Gbps just like the new one. That makes a great differnce. Playing Cold Comfort from Youtube is still out of Sync on the old Pc so that is definitly video card related and not internet speed but it is still good to have the old pc up to speed internet wise. Thanks
Jim Windows 7 64-bit, 32 GB Ram, Asus P9X79WS MB, Intel Core i7 3820 Quad core CPU, Asus ENGTX 570 Video Card, WD VelociRapter 600GB 10,000 rpm OS drive, WD Cavier Green 1TB Sata 6.0 storage drive. Panasonic PVGS400 mini DV camcorder, Power Director 10
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Jim5519,

Increasing the network speed helps on downloads, but it does not make up for a slow CPU.

If you use an audio editor you can sync two audio streams precisely.
Search for 'Audacity'.

Cyberlink Powerdirector has the Wave Editor, but I do not know how well you can sync two audio streams.

Once the audio is in sync, you can, of course import that edited audio into Powerdirector.

Powerdirector is a Video editor, therefore it syncs to video frames, not to audio times, because of the video frame reference you can only move the audio track the amount of one frame.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Jim5519 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Precisely, I'll probably build a new Pc just for everyday internet use anyways, this ones pretty outdated and my PD 10 Pc is strickly for editing. The audio or song wave files I drag into PD are songs I've recorded on another PC that just has Avid's ProTools 10 on it so all my tracks are edited first on this PC into a single stereo track. When we record the video, we actually have an ipod player playing very loudly out beside us and we have the guitars plugged in and are playing and singing right along with the finshed song from the ipod. That way when I drag the video tracks into PD I also have that audio reference to help line up with the finished audio song that I have in PD audio track 1. The actual audio from the video footage that has us playing and singing along is then removed so only the finished song can be heard.
Jim Windows 7 64-bit, 32 GB Ram, Asus P9X79WS MB, Intel Core i7 3820 Quad core CPU, Asus ENGTX 570 Video Card, WD VelociRapter 600GB 10,000 rpm OS drive, WD Cavier Green 1TB Sata 6.0 storage drive. Panasonic PVGS400 mini DV camcorder, Power Director 10
Jim5519 [Avatar]
[Post New]
One other thing I keep forgetting to mention when I am talking about older Pc's is that every Youtube I've ever watched whether it be a high end HD trailer for a movie or a music video even including our other video that John edited
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi9-GUtU5bs&feature=channel&list=UL which is rendered at almost the same specks as Cold Cold Comfort, runs perfectly in sync with no glitches what so ever on this everyday old Pc. The only Youtube video I have a problem watching is Cold Cold Comfort where the audio/video syncing is way off. That makes absolutely no sense to me.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: One other thing I keep forgetting to mention when I am talking about older Pc's is that every Youtube I've ever watched whether it be a high end HD trailer for a movie or a music video even including our other video that John edited
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi9-GUtU5bs&feature=channel&list=UL which is rendered at almost the same specks as Cold Cold Comfort, runs perfectly in sync with no glitches what so ever on this everyday old Pc. The only Youtube video I have a problem watching is Cold Cold Comfort where the audio/video syncing is way off. That makes absolutely no sense to me.
Jim

It does not make much sense to me either.

The only possibility is the processing of the Video and Audio on the old computer is somehow delayed.

When you receive a Video that has a audio stream, the two streams are separated and treated separately by the Video system and the Audio system.

If the computer has a delay in its sound processing, you might get that effect.

It is all about speed of the CPU and sub-systems in the computer.

At least you don't have one of the old DOS 4.77 MHz computer of the 1980's.

They were really slow.