Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

This is what I received from CL Support

Dear Luc,
Thank you for writing us back.
With regard to your previous concern, we recently found the latest Nvidia driver v416.xx will disable hardware encoding capability. We are working on a solution to support the new version Nvidia VGA driver.
You are suggested to install the previous version driver v411.xx as the solution.
Nvidia previous version driver: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-usPlease feel free to contact us back for further clarification or assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the link below to get back to us:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thanks and Regards,
Vince
CyberLink Technical Support

Thank you for creating the support ticket!

To be fair, When PD17/DirectorSuite365 were launched last month, the products were fully able to use nVidia hardware features, and it's only since nVidia started releasing their new series of drivers last week that the features have been lost.

While it will likely take Cyberlink some time to integrate the newer SDK and release a patch, if they are actively working on the issue I don't see a need for a disclaimer on the marketing materials.

Certainly, one would absolutely be needed if PD ends up unable to use GPU resources with the new driver series for any reason.

I will post back on that thread if anything good comes from that support ticket. IMO, I am afraid I will get a canned answer
LD

No, you have great hardware and all you need to do is use the 411.70 drivers to glean the HW benefits until CL updates PD17. No one here can guarantee when that will happen, but I believe this is a short term issue.

Thx Optodata,

I've opened a support ticket (CS00194425 FWIW. I must admit It may not be an easy task to requalify PD with a new API, but I read they had an advanced notice back in March (and probably much earlier than that). Now stating Nvidia hardware encoding as an enhanced and world class feature in their marketing material is very misleading for new users. I think they should at least put a foot note stating that drivers after 411.70 are not currently supported.
Quote https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77406.page

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77357.page

I hope, there are more other users have contacted the Cyberlink Support about this issue.

If nobody writes, nothing happens. The forum is not technical support.

All,

I`ve opened a support ticket CS001944258.
I hope they fix it soon

It's really not a driver issue per say, it was an announced depreciation as before. It's really the same issue that occurred when the Nvidia CUDA encoder was sunsetted yrs back. In the current case, anything that used the old NVENC API and encode libs (8/14 vintage and older) was depreciated in the drivers going forward. Keep in mind, there have been about 7 updated releases since that time.

The last announce I saw from Nvidia was provided back in March/2018:
"Support for Video Codec SDK 4.0 and earlier will be deprecated in the drivers releasing around Q4 2018. As a result, any application compiled with Video Codec SDK 4.0 or below header(s) will stop working after those drivers."

The around Q4 2018 that was pre announced appears to be the current 415 series of drivers, so going fwd driver releases to span 415.XX-419.XX.

So, until CL moves to the current NVENC API, any current driver will fail with PD as the old NVENC API is no longer supported. User options with older series GPU's, use a pre 415 driver.

Jeff

Jeff,

I did rush out and get a new RTX2080Ti for PD's current encode performance during BD creation.
And I did buy a new shiney gold ASUS Laptop with a GTX 1050
And I did update all my other systems to 416.34
And I did preorder a i9-9900k (hopefully the embedded GPU will be used for encoding)

The only thing I will not rush out now is Upgrade to PD 17 until this mess is fixed or CL removes Nvidia HW acceleration from their marketing material.

Thanks for this valuable information.

Now I look like a fool :p
THx for the patch, it fixed this exact issue

L
Quote CL provided a hotfix to correct, you might see if it corrects your issue. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/50503.page#265458

Jeff

Thx Jeff, the patch has corrected my problem.

Your posts are always on the dot.

L
On my system build 2309 broke the audio recording of Screen Recorder.

I was able to reproduce the problem twice, though an uninstall of PD15 and reinstall.

As soon I apply build 2309, the audio portion (video is fine) is extremely distorded.

Initially i tought the latest Nvidia driver broke Screen recorder, so I reinstalled the last known driver that was working fine with Screen Recorder to no avail. I never installed GFE.

Build PD15.0.2026.0 works fine for me.

Windows 10 x64

Nvidia 376.33

GeForce GTX980Ti SLI

Realtek Semi audio driver 6.0.1.7525
I've opened a case with support.
This is the missing attachment

PD 15 was installed Oct 16, while NBFX in aug 2016. My guess is that NBFX V was updated from PD14 back in august.

Again NBFX V is the only package giving me a trial over error, all others works fine. Not sure how to reinstall though.
ynotfish,

It was part of PD15 (not a separate purchase) but the install date are slightly older. I installed over PD14, it could be a PD14 update that changed the date.

All other NBFX packages are working fine but pkg V.
I just bought, downloaded, installed, and registered PD15, and trying to edit a NewBlue effect I get your free trial is over. (See attachment)

I am a long time PD user, this is the first time I see this

Trying to input my PD 15 key did nothing.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
I have the exact same issue. I assume no fix has been released yet? It occurs with ALL file types, specially with mp4
Quote:

assuming you have the PD14 so do not ever install GeForce Experience. it's a crash city!

happy happy joy joy.

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

Somehow, I have GeForce Experience running since the beginning, and no crash for me.

I think it works ok only when you disable the NVidia screen capture option (ShadowPlay)
I got good results with a pair of EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW (SLI). Only one card is used during encoding.

Mind you those cards are about 2000$ CDN, mainly used for gaming.

Start MEM: 5.3GB

CPU 1%

MKV

Video engine load : 99%

CPU load : 23%

MEM : 6.5 GB

GPU load : 9%

Elapse time : 00:01:30

Produced file size: 428 MB

MP4

Video engine load : 62%

CPU load : 30%

MEM : 6.5 GB

GPU load : 11%

Elapse time : 00:01:15

Produced file size: 591 MB
Quote: BSOD = Hardware failure and the Dell tech should know that. Video editing is the most resource stressful action a home computer (laptop) undertakes, using the full capabilities (hardware) of your computer. The issue is unlikely to be fixed by anyone on the forum. You need to take/return the computer to the Tech Support of the laptop supplier and get the issue fixed by them.
Just my opinion.
Dafydd

Dafydd, a BSOD (also called a stop screen) is not always hardware related. In fact most occurences of kernel crashes are caused by device driver software errors. It could simply a coding error, or a unhandled exception/condition.

Video editing per say is not too taxing on your computer, but the video encoding (and to some extent decoding) part is very compute and resource intensive. It may expose some hardware issues (often heat related) resulting into a kernel crash. Modern 3D gaming is also extremely resource hungry.

NVIDIA's track record shows that most stop screens are caused by software errors in their video driver.

Keep in mind those drivers are extremely complex.

(edited for typos)
With PowerDVD 15, is there a way to play music AND a still picture slide show at the same time?

MCE did that but now it is gone on Win 10.

thx
Quote: Ok I figured it out. NVIDIA beta drives cause this problem. I am using a notebook and their current non beta driver 301.42 seems to work fine. 304.79 BETA and the versions before that caused this problem for me.
\
I've spent 2 weeks on this issue... Installed 301.42 (instead of 304.79). Boom! Works like before.
thx
Quote: Hi,

to escalate your reports I need at least your DXDIAG log file - please check:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21448.page

br
Michael

Here it is:
Using PDWV 12 trial, all HDMI.
Pretty easy for me.

1) Open *any* BD directory structure (PowerProducer created own BDs)
2) Play movie
3) Wait... The taskbar will flash for a few seconds every 20 minutes or so

Go to: