Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I don't understand why whenever I change the transition to a time I want, it comes out with another time. For example, 0.7 seconds is the default time I want, but when I drag the fader on an image it turns to 1.17. The closest can find it 0.3 which turns to 0.8, a second out from what I want. I can't understand why these things always have to be so difficult for something so minor.
Hi, I have PowerDirector 15 however, whenever I start the program it takes about a good 6/7 minutes to load and start itself up when selecting full editor feature. In the process, this completely freezes up my computer and my whole computer becomes inactive until it's done loading to which it then eventually works. Should I click anything or try using other programs, my computer completely crashes however once loaded, it works absolutely fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Also I should note, it's not just that one file that keeps currupting. It's all the videos on the timeline and I have opened up previous projects to find the same results happening.
Quote: My first guess, is you are maybe trying to edit videos that are on a removeable hard drive or on your SD card from your camera and you have disconnected one or both devices.

USB devices are known to go to sleep sometimes.

It is always best to create a working folder on your computer's internal hard drive. Then copy your material to that working folder.

Edit: I was typing while Jeff answered.

Thank you very much for the response firstly. Secondly the files are all kept within the desktop and work perfectly when clicking them. However on testing, I can open up a new file, post that video that I've edited onto the timeline and then saving it and rebooting the system, can see that it turns to black files again.
Picture
Hi there,

I'm using Windows 7 running PowerDirector 12, usually quite relaible but apparntly not today. The video files keep going mising every time I need to retart the software. They turn to blank 0,0,0 files however, everything else like the audio and images are fine. I've fixed this once already, I've gone a lot deeper since and don't have time to do it all over again.

Any ideas as to why this is happening or how to fix it?

Thanks!
Hi there,

My issue is that I rendered my video as I normally would, however on this occasion the 30 second audio towards the end of the video has decided not to work. By moving it a third of a centimeter towards the left, it begins to work. My issue is that I now I have to render the whole thing over again, wasting another five hours.

Is there anyway I can put a small section of audio on top of an already rendered video?

Thanks in advance
I read it up to a certain point, to which it got a bit carried away with how people are just being unhelpful to which I then couldn't be bothered to continue reading.

I appreciate the advise don't get me wrong, but in all fairness it wasn't really relevant to me and then when other people start commenting on experiencing similar but slightly different problem, I didn't really find it applicable. Besides, I fixed the solution anyway hence why I didn't continue reading past a certain point.
In all honesty, I cannot be bothered to read all that above!

Long story short, I have since found the solution to my rendering problems. As mentioned before, I did use a lot of Video Enhancements to increase the quality. By simply taking that off, it renders absolutely fine. Although frustrating because it's nice to have better quality, I guess the bottom line is that it works!
I'm glad it's not just me and that someone else is experiencing the same difficulties that I'm having.

I have loads of Video Enhancements all throughout my project, and at first it would get to around 66%, then 54% and finally around 20% however this is nothing I haven't previously used in the past or on my other videos.

I have tried enabling preview during production, but not really come to a conclusion because of it.
Hi there,

I'm fairly new to Powerdirector and to this forum and would appreciate some help regarding this software.

I've on numerous occasions attempted to render a video which I was then hoping to post onto Youtube however, the rendering keeps on freezing at certain points (stuck on a percentage), and the time remaining keeps increasing. I actually recall leaving it on before going to sleep with 2 hours remaining, to my surprise when it then said 42 hours in the morning :S

I've in the past been able to render videos without a problem however on this occasion, seem to be having difficulties. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Go to: