Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: 'Nodeedon asked me to check something and I did. It is already ticked.'

With respect strifemit I suggested that you removed the tick (un-tick).

Whilst it might not help your issue it is an avenue worth exploring I feel.

Don
Something remembered from a while ago that applies to Win 7 pc's but should be found on other Windows systems.

Only takes moments so worth a try ...

Control Panel - Sound.

Right click your (ticked) playback device and select 'Properties'.

Drop down the 'Advanced' tab.

Un-tick 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'

'Apply' and exit.

Cheers - Don
Came across this page recently which may help with your issue

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/820/360%C2%B0-object-tracking-with-powerdirector-16

Cheers - Noddy
Currently using an LG 360 camera which has good features like a strong case with excellent protection and a very useful manual mode for photographs. Used with a Samsung S6 it should be well at home with a Galaxy S7 Edge and of coures PD 15 will edit the results

BUT - it is only capable of 2K images - that is 2K divided around the whole 360 degrees. On sunny days it produces reasonable photos but much better video. However it has proved to be a great intro to 360.

Have seen various prices for it ranging from £90 to £150 on average with some sellers asking silly money ie: over £250. Hunt around seems to be the answer.

As mentioned the cameras will improve in time but I was keen to get into 360 and learn.

Cheers - Don
Thank you David and I must look harder in the future.

360 video is a new field for me and an interesting challenge.

Cheers - don
Hi everyone,

Is the stabilizing of 360 video possible in PD15 - or is it on the wish list?

Cheers - Don
Split screen display can be found as follows.

Highlight a clip in the timeline then select Fix/Enhance. From the tool selection window that opens there is a tick box in the bottom left corner that can be selected for a split preview. This becomes active when one of the adjustments above it is selected.

Strangely in Preferences* Display there is an option for Dual Preview which only allows 'Off'. Why this is so I have no idea but perhaps someone more familiar than I with PD14 could help out here.

Cheers - Don
Hi Tony

Yes indeed - beta patch 2130.

Thanks for the pointer and apologies for not spotting the relevance of your post earlier.

Cheers - Don
Hi everyone

Video clip is MP4 - 1280x720 - 29.98 fps

Highlight it in the timelime and select 'Modify' and then 'Fades' - ''Fade Out'

'Save' back to the timeline and the clip is squeezed up to an approx 4:3 ratio in the preview window.

Click on 'Modify' again and without changing anything 'Save' it again and the clip is squished up even more.

Eventually the clip is squeezed by a ridiculous amount.Seems to be a glitch within PD which if anyone else can replicate may prove it to be so.

Cheers - Don
Thanks Jeff, my eyes must have glazed over that option in 'Fix and Enhance' and can confirm that it works a treat.

Just hoping for a Drift HD170 profile soon - fingers crossed.

Cheers - Don
Hi everyone

I only ever use the 'Fade' transition when there are multiple clips in the timeline. Highlighting this transition brings up three options just above the time line. One of which is 'Apply fading transitions to all videos'. This works great but the right hand option labelled 'Apply random transition effect to all AUDIO' is the problem. Of the four options available 'Cross' is greyed out and attempting to use any of the other three results in PD14 either freezing or white screening. 'Cross' is my preferrred choice.

Strange part is that if I drag the 'Fade' transition to a split point it automatically fades both video and audio! Labour intensive though to do the whole movie in this way.

These transitions worked perfectly in PD12 with the audio transition giving a nice dip in volume between clips.Does anyone else experience this? Although I am using the trial version I don't think that Cyberlink would disable this one option in audio fades.

K-Lite Mega pack installed + newest Quicktime drivers + last drivers (341-81) available for my graphics card which is a bit old now. Dxdiags attached. 30fps Mp4 and 60 fps MOV clips tried

Cheers - Don
It seems almost magical after the keyframe method of old. Yes, its been around for years in other softwares but I really wanted it in Powerdirector being my favourite editor.

Now it is! Yippee! Thanks Tony for your graphical post.

Cheers - Don
Hi everyone,

Have only just got 'Motion'Tracking' working due to a codec issue and can agree with Netspeed and Tony that it is finicky in use. However it is much easier than the tortuous keyframe method.

A lot of my video is from a motorcycle headcam and a censor on licence plates is needed sometimes. So well done PD 14.

Don
Go to: