Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 Video Dictated View
Elfurezo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 14, 2018 04:34 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
My terminology will be well off here, but to explain:

I have many Ricoh Theta movies but many are taken by my young children, meaning the filming angles are far from optimal (but the content is absolute gold!). To view these clips is a vomit inducing experience..

My intention is to set a viewing angle by selecting an object or person, allowing the screen (still in 360 format) to follow the object as if it was the natural filming position.

I have toyed with the Object Tracking function believing it would solve my problem but only seems to allow for adding media and tags; but it doesn't seem unreasonable with that function's abilities, that what I want should be possible.

Any ideas?
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, no ideas.
The viewing angle of a 360° clip is not keyframeable. PowerDirector only allows to set the starting angle. So what you need, is not possible with PowerDirector. I don't know any other program, that can do that. Maybe the next version...
The only thing that you can try is stabilizing. PowerDirector seems to be so far the only program that can stabilize a 360° video. But stabilizing childrens hands...

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Elfurezo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sorry, no ideas.
The viewing angle of a 360° clip is not keyframeable. PowerDirector only allows to set the starting angle. So what you need, is not possible with PowerDirector. I don't know any other program, that can do that. Maybe the next version...
The only thing that you can try is stabilizing. PowerDirector seems to be so far the only program that can stabilize a 360° video. But stabilizing childrens hands...

Hatti

Thanks Hatti, that's really surprising to me. Perhaps instead I could convert to standard wide-screen and pan across to various areas instead. Thanks for putting me out of my misery though!
[Post New]
Came across this page recently which may help with your issue

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/820/360%C2%B0-object-tracking-with-powerdirector-16

Cheers - Noddy Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,
Processor: Intel i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
120 GB SSD
Drift Ghost S Headcam
Elfurezo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Came across this page recently which may help with your issue

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/820/360%C2%B0-object-tracking-with-powerdirector-16

Cheers - Noddy

Originally, it was this what lead me to believe it was possible. The motion tracking tracks objects very well, but doesn't dictate the camera angle. Surprising, as the term suggests otherwise..