Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How Do I Get A "Source/Record" Layout?
[Post New]
How do I set up the edit page/window to show a "source/record" monitor layout? I'm used to other NLE's that allow you to have one window showing your raw footage, next to another window showing your edited footage.

Thanks.
[Post New]
Split screen display can be found as follows.

Highlight a clip in the timeline then select Fix/Enhance. From the tool selection window that opens there is a tick box in the bottom left corner that can be selected for a split preview. This becomes active when one of the adjustments above it is selected.

Strangely in Preferences* Display there is an option for Dual Preview which only allows 'Off'. Why this is so I have no idea but perhaps someone more familiar than I with PD14 could help out here.

Cheers - Don Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit,
Processor: Intel i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 16 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
120 GB SSD
Drift Ghost S Headcam
[Post New]
Hmm... thanks for the answer, but... that's not what I meant. I don't want a spit screen view of things on the right side monitor. What I'm looking for is another monitor window that goes to the left of the other one. In the left monitor, you see the raw footage, and in the right monitor you see your edited footage.

Can this program actually not do that?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2015 06:34

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No, it can't.

I know what you're talking about, and while PD does give you an option to display a full size preview on a second (left-hand) monitor, there's no option for showing the original and edited versions of a clip side-by-side.

Everything you see in PD is what the edited version will look like, with the exception of some specific tools, like those in the Fix/Effects designer that nodeedon referred to which let you compare the clip before and after.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2015 01:43

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
This is a second attempt at posting due to sluggish internet

Hello, highmarcs1!

I had a trial version of a programme similar to what you describe but had to uninstall when the trial period ran out. I forget the name of it or who built it. It was on an older Windows EXP computer, prior to this one. On this computer I have another twin-screen editing software from VLC, called VLMC, it's free software so it's worth what you pay for it! It had(at last check) several bugs in its design and I'm seriously mulling over whether or not to "ditch" it when I get my PD14 Ultra pack(ordered and paid for).

Cheers!

Neil.