Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
haha i think they will stop replying now...they have commitment issues or even communication issues.
Quote: BHAVIK,

THe 9 steps you provided didnt work for me. I have power DVD 8. Any idea if it work for 8?

I tried to update with patches CyberLink.3228_TaRe43_R10_DVD100209-01
and
CyberLink.3228U_TaRe43_DVD090821-07

Thanks

yes it should work with it - try uninstalling everything using revo uninstaller and choose 'advanced' when uninstalling the PD programs...it will basically uninstall the program and then scan you pc for any left over reg files and and other .dll etc files that may interfere with a fresh install and try it all over again. I should work, i have tried my self many times with PD ultra BD 8 and 9 im going to try it with 10 soon.
Quote: Am having the same problem. This is pretty bad support from CYberlink to not to respond to this issue inspite of so many people asking for it. Their software is also pretty crappy. It wouldnt uninstall well and even if it did, it will leave several things on your machine....

Cyberlink better address this...

install 'Revo Uninstaller' Works a treat choose the 'Advanced' mode for uninstalling it searches for left over registry files and program files on ur whole pc, even if you installed it on ur one of a partition in ur hhd that is.
install 'Revo Uninstaller' Works a treat choose the 'Advanced' mode for uninstalling it searches for left over registry files and program files on ur whole pc, even if you installed it on ur one of a partition in ur hhd that is.
why dont you torrent a PD BD player (8,9 or10) ... and then do try these instructions again?
dw dude i have fix for that just follow these instructions:-

1) Uninstall PowerDVD
2) Reboot
3) Install power DVD
4) Try to play a blu-ray, it will give you a message asking you
to update and take you to an IE page where you can download newest version .
Download and save this somewhere safe.
5) Close power DVD
6) Completley disconnect from the internet ie unplug your cable or
turn off wireless
7) Install the 'new' patch.
Try to play a blu-ray you will see the crap error message we were all
getting forcing you to update. Click NO.
9) Without closing PowerDVD click play again. As if by magic the blu-ray
will start.
It seems by saying no and installing whilst offline you get
around the farcical update.

any questions just ask hope that works for you.
MICHAEL your a legend those set of instructions (steps 1 - 9) worked on my version 8 of PD BD OEM,

I even have saved those steps in my installation folder for future reinstalls or break downs

Cheers dude
Cant u get a refund...i didnt even get a hard copy and they agreed to refund a digital copy i was surprised.
very sensible....now im coming up with a solution useing torrents untill i gain my confidence in spending £60 on some blu-ray dvd software which i never kenw why i did in the first place.

Cyberlink are officially pants
does this problem presist with the new pd 9 ultra 2528 update....? in the steps 1-9
Quote: Some good news for you all! I seem to have got it working!

Heres my steps if any of you want to try.

1) Uninstall PowerDVD
2) Reboot
3) Install power DVD 9
4) Try to play a blu-ray, it will give you a message asking you to update and take you to an IE page where you can download version 2201. Download and save this somewhere safe.
5) Close power DVD
6) Completley disconnect from the internet ie unplug your cable or turn off wireless
7) Install the 2201 patch.
Try to play a blu-ray you will see the crap error message we were all getting forcing you to update. Click NO.
9) Without closing PowerDVD click play again. As if by magic the blu-ray will start. It seems by saying no and installing whilst offline you get around the farcical update.

I have managed to make this persist after a full shutdown and when connected to the internet so it seems to be a 1 time thing. However do NOT under any circumstances install any later patches when prompted. I did just to play devils advocate and hard to start all over again with those 9 steps.

Hope this helps

good info there...i just got my refund on PD 10Ultra because of this persisting problem...sent of all my pc info to cyberlink tech support and havent heard from them for a good month now. The last message i got was 'I have sent your information and problem to our more technical support team' thats it!

I downloaded PD8 BD OEM and an update for it and it been working for a month or so, until now for some reason...also i found that if you update with the newer version of their websites it stops the player from working....how F***king useless!
yeh i have power dvd 8 bd oem and that works but when i update to 10 its all stops, im like omg WTF lol
Last week i downloaded the trail version for powerdvd 10 ultra, i managed to play the blu-rays i bought, and all of a sudden i cant now for a few days, EVEN the same blu-rays that where working.
PowerDVD kept asking for an update after the blu-ray disc is loaded, and wouldn't play the Blu-Ray. After I applied the update the software kept telling it needed to update but then would say no update was available. The problem is it still wasn't playing Blu-Rays. My solution to this was to reinstall the OS but this time I used Windows 7 64bit. I then installed Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 trial.However it's still not playing Blu-Rays. I get an error that says "You must update CyberLink PowerDVD now to continue the playback of this content" Then a Yes and No box. If I click Yes, then it says "Player application update" - "Update Complete". If I click no, nothing happens. It just continues this loop over and over.
I eventually came to a weird conclusion that i may have to buy it because i know that trails can be locked in many ways remotely...so i did spent a fortune...got it all installed no problems, STILL the same problem.

Any ideas?

im starting to doubt my new blu-ray player now :S
this is so annoying it was working FINE a few days ago!

Can someone explain what's happening here? Please
Last week i downloaded the trail version for powerdvd 10 ultra, i managed to play the blu-rays i bought, and all of a sudden i cant now for a few days, EVEN the same blu-rays that where working.
PowerDVD kept asking for an update and wouldn't play the Blu-Ray. After I applied the update the software kept telling it needed to update but then would say no update was available. The problem is it still wasn't playing Blu-Rays. My solution to this was to reinstall the OS but this time I used Windows 7 64bit. I then installed Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 trial.However it's still not playing Blu-Rays. I get an error that says "You must update CyberLink PowerDVD now to continue the playback of this content" Then a Yes and No box. If I click Yes, then it says "Player application update" - "Update Complete". If I click no, nothing happens. It just continues this loop over and over.
I eventually came to a weird conclusion that i may have to buy it because i know that trails can be locked in many ways remotely...so i did spent a fortune...got it all installed no problems, STILL the same problem.

Any ideas?

im starting to doubt my new blu-ray player now :S
this is so annoying it was working FINE a few days ago!

Can someone explain what's happening here? Please
Im having the same problem...so i decided to buy the full version, i have contacted the tech support team..

It used to work for me like last week the trail version was running good...with iron man etc, now im just annoyed

how do i contact the CS Team?
Go to: