Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Ray playback issues
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2010 02:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Dell XPS 420 that's 2ish years old. It was running Vista Ultimate and had PowerDVD 7 DX as the Blu-Ray player in Media Center. I started having an issue a month or so ago where PowerDVD kept asking for an update and wouldn't play the Blu-Ray. After I applied the update the software kept telling it needed to update but then would say no update was available. The problem is it still wasn't playing Blu-Rays. My solution to this was to reinstall the OS but this time I used Windows 7 64bit. I then installed Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 trial.However it's still not playing Blu-Rays. I get an error that says "You must update CyberLink PowerDVD now to continue the playback of this content" Then a Yes and No box. If I click Yes, then it says "Player application update" - "Update Complete". If I click no, nothing happens. It just continues this loop over and over.

Can someone explain what's happening here?

The System is a Dell XPS 420. The Blu-Ray player is a Philips BD-RE BDD1001. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64bit.The player is Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 version 10.0.1516.51 (it's a fresh trial download from cyberlink's website)
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
please contact CS TEam

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
glenn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 14, 2009 12:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with v 7.03.5711.0, but it worked well just a month ago or so with exact same movies.
BHAVIK [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2010 09:34 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Im having the same problem...so i decided to buy the full version, i have contacted the tech support team..

It used to work for me like last week the trail version was running good...with iron man etc, now im just annoyed

how do i contact the CS Team?