Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello! I am editing a zoom meeting and I want to take one person from the grid and make them the clear focal point. Then place that clip as a little box in the upper right hand part of my screen. Is anyone aware of a way to do that? THANKS!

Never mind! I knew as soona s I typed this I would figure it out! ugh...!

Hi,
We enquired as to your issue. According to the info received from CS, they replied on the 24th and are awaiting a reply from you with more information?

As a further clarification, our info is that the BorisFX Image Restoration is only available in the DS365 suite and not in PDR365.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

The only email I recived from them was an acknowledgement of my initial concern.. IS the Blue SKy FXpackage only available in the DS suite as well? If I were to go to the DS suite does that mean I have to pay the total amount, would they not consider the difference between the two packages?
I went to their help page and found out. yes I have to contact them again to reload. I will have to call since they DO NOT respond to email inquiries: I made one over a week ago and still nothing. Their customer service really has gone downhill and unfortunately makes me regret my decision to upgrade.

The FX are automatically installed when you install PD using the Cyberlink App Manager. Can you take a screenshot of the version screen (click on PowerDirector in the upper right corner). It should look like this:

Also, if you go to Window's Apps & features screen (where you would normally uninstall a program), type "cyb" in the search box and you will see all the installed Cyberlink plugins, which should include Boris Continuum:

If you have the subscription version and aren't seeing the Boris (or other FX installed), try uninstalling and then resinstalling PD

Make sure you have the installer that you originally downloaded before uninstalling. If it's been more than a few weeks since you purchased PD, the download links may not be working and you'll need to contact Cyberlink with your purchase details to get a new installer.
This is what I have:

The FX are automatically installed when you install PD using the Cyberlink App Manager. Can you take a screenshot of the version screen (click on PowerDirector in the upper right corner). It should look like this:

Also, if you go to Window's Apps & features screen (where you would normally uninstall a program), type "cyb" in the search box and you will see all the installed Cyberlink plugins, which should include Boris Continuum:

If you have the subscription version and aren't seeing the Boris (or other FX installed), try uninstalling and then resinstalling PD

Make sure you have the installer that you originally downloaded before uninstalling. If it's been more than a few weeks since you purchased PD, the download links may not be working and you'll need to contact Cyberlink with your purchase details to get a new installer.
Quote Hi mjablow -

Do you not have the BorisFX in your effects library?

Cheers - Tony

I don't. Any idea how I can get it?
Quote That particular NB pack in that tutorial is available for purchase by going to the fx room, select a NB pack, click on Download NB effects. I don’t see the trial Anymore on the website but maybe a user here has some insight on this. The effect will have a watermark until paid if a trial is available.

If anyone can help identify the pack I need to purchase that would be great! I tried contacting New Blue yesterday and have yet to hear back.
Quote There may be summer sales, end of summer sales, etc. You have to state the exact version of PD you have now so users here can better advise. The BCC allows you to zero in on the color of the pimple with two different shades. You may want to try something else available for purchase instead. See this tutorial on a fx available for less than $50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va8W8uWzfYI . It has one setting that you can use an eyedropper to fix the color of the pimple. It is more accurate than what you already tried.

My aplogies, I thought I had mentioned I am using version 17 - 365. I saw that video but it is version 16 and apprently they either moved or removed features(?)
Quote See this comparison chart: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software-365/comparison_en_US.html . At the top you have unlimited access. At the bottom is Boris. You may need the Director Suite.

EDIT: Ynotfish answered first with a screenshot.

Do you know if I can pay the difference in the upgrade or do I have to pay the fullamont? When I click on the upgrade it seems to go to full amount.

Can these also be found in the content pack essentials and premium upgrades?
Quote They are available for free in the PD17 365 version. Let us know which of the fx you tried already.

I went into FX, then New Blue Video Essentials, then effect, dropped down the menu and used Belmish Be Gone.

I do not see any of those options in the FX section. Perhaps it is a pack that needs to be downloaded? Or else I am completely missing it!
Quote You may want to try the BCC Beauty Studio, Pixel Fixer, or Remover on the actor. You may go ahead and produce that segment of the video and then add another fx until you get the result you want.

Are these inside the program? Where can they be found?
Hello! I am new to this version of PD. I have a scene where an actor has a prominent pimple. I use the FX tab and corrected skin blemishes, which worked good removing smaller issues, but the one pimple remains. Is there a way to remove that permanently from the video?

Thanks!
I'm back after a computer crash trying to find an old post. I figured I would put a new one in and then click on my name to get me my previous posts.

Does anyone have a better way? I tried the search function.

Thanks!

Matt
Wait! I went back and read the notes after my frustration began to subside a bit. While it's true that adding 1 GB did not make it so I can go from point a to point b, following Dafydd's advice:

"I think you should look to make a CUSTOM mpeg template in Produce using between 6 to 8000 bitrate and select CBR (constant Bit Rate) as opposed to CVBR (variable). You will need to bring the produced mpeg back into PD8 to create to disc. "

did it!

It's another stop on the way to a finished product, but it works!

THANK YOU DAFYDD!!!

Matt
Update:

Dafydd,

I finally gt the chance to raise the RAM to 2 GB and apparently it's not enough. The same glitches are in the same spots. I understand that editing software needs a lot of RAN but what is totally perplexing me is the fact that I have made numerous videos before this one and never encountered this issue. Surely it would have shown itself sooner, no?

Thanks!

Matt
Dafydd,

I tried the customer with 6000 bitrate and selected CBR. About 1/2 of the glitches were gone. Lowering the bitrate like this, does it effect the overall quality greatly?

You have 8 gb?!? I'm scrounging to bring it up to 2! I might have no choice but to try the upgrade, I need to have this done by the end of the week.

Thanks!

Matt
Dafydd,

Do you feel that this could also be solved by adding more memory to my system? I have been financially trying to justify purchasing some.

Thanks for the help!

Matt
Dafydd,

I think I have what you asked for. Amazing how much better a quiet room can aid in the thinking process. Please let me know if you need anything else. Again the version I have is 8.00.2704.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Matt
Please don't take my mistake personally. As I mentioned the kids were all over me and I was trying to get a response out quickly, plus the frustration I am feeling towards this program right now.

I will try to re-read the specs for submittal tonight and see if I can make sense of them.

thanks, and again sorry for the name mistake.
David,

I am using PD 8.00.2704, I'm not sure how to do a direct x diag, I tried to follow the attachment guide but I couldn't find it. Might be the two children trying to get at the computer while I work!

Even a screen shot eludes me. Would it be easier if I could somehow send you the file? Maybe attach it?
David,

I am using PD 8.00.2704, I'm not sure how to do a direct x diag, I tried to follow the attachment guide but I couldn't find it. Might be the two children trying to get at the computer while I work!

Even a screen shot eludes me. Would it be easier if I could somehow send you the file? Maybe attach it?
Go to: