Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prominent Pimple
mjablow [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2010 23:04 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hello! I am new to this version of PD. I have a scene where an actor has a prominent pimple. I use the FX tab and corrected skin blemishes, which worked good removing smaller issues, but the one pimple remains. Is there a way to remove that permanently from the video?

Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to try the BCC Beauty Studio, Pixel Fixer, or Remover on the actor. You may go ahead and produce that segment of the video and then add another fx until you get the result you want.
mjablow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You may want to try the BCC Beauty Studio, Pixel Fixer, or Remover on the actor. You may go ahead and produce that segment of the video and then add another fx until you get the result you want.

Are these inside the program? Where can they be found?
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
They are available for free in the PD17 365 version. Let us know which of the fx you tried already.
mjablow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote They are available for free in the PD17 365 version. Let us know which of the fx you tried already.

I went into FX, then New Blue Video Essentials, then effect, dropped down the menu and used Belmish Be Gone.

I do not see any of those options in the FX section. Perhaps it is a pack that needs to be downloaded? Or else I am completely missing it!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 23. 2019 23:29

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi mjablow -

Do you not have the BorisFX in your effects library?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
See this comparison chart: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software-365/comparison_en_US.html . At the top you have unlimited access. At the bottom is Boris. You may need the Director Suite.

EDIT: Ynotfish answered first with a screenshot.
mjablow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See this comparison chart: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software-365/comparison_en_US.html . At the top you have unlimited access. At the bottom is Boris. You may need the Director Suite.

EDIT: Ynotfish answered first with a screenshot.

Do you know if I can pay the difference in the upgrade or do I have to pay the fullamont? When I click on the upgrade it seems to go to full amount.

Can these also be found in the content pack essentials and premium upgrades?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2019 09:50

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
There may be summer sales, end of summer sales, etc. You have to state the exact version of PD you have now so users here can better advise. The BCC allows you to zero in on the color of the pimple with two different shades. You may want to try something else available for purchase instead. See this tutorial on a fx available for less than $50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va8W8uWzfYI . It has one setting that you can use an eyedropper to fix the color of the pimple. It is more accurate than what you already tried.
mjablow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There may be summer sales, end of summer sales, etc. You have to state the exact version of PD you have now so users here can better advise. The BCC allows you to zero in on the color of the pimple with two different shades. You may want to try something else available for purchase instead. See this tutorial on a fx available for less than $50: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va8W8uWzfYI . It has one setting that you can use an eyedropper to fix the color of the pimple. It is more accurate than what you already tried.

My aplogies, I thought I had mentioned I am using version 17 - 365. I saw that video but it is version 16 and apprently they either moved or removed features(?)
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
That particular NB pack in that tutorial is available for purchase by going to the fx room, select a NB pack, click on Download NB effects. I don’t see the trial Anymore on the website but maybe a user here has some insight on this. The effect will have a watermark until paid if a trial is available.
mjablow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That particular NB pack in that tutorial is available for purchase by going to the fx room, select a NB pack, click on Download NB effects. I don’t see the trial Anymore on the website but maybe a user here has some insight on this. The effect will have a watermark until paid if a trial is available.

If anyone can help identify the pack I need to purchase that would be great! I tried contacting New Blue yesterday and have yet to hear back.
mjablow [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi mjablow -

Do you not have the BorisFX in your effects library?

Cheers - Tony

I don't. Any idea how I can get it?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't. Any idea how I can get it?

The FX are automatically installed when you install PD using the Cyberlink App Manager. Can you take a screenshot of the version screen (click on PowerDirector in the upper right corner). It should look like this:

Also, if you go to Window's Apps & features screen (where you would normally uninstall a program), type "cyb" in the search box and you will see all the installed Cyberlink plugins, which should include Boris Continuum:

If you have the subscription version and aren't seeing the Boris (or other FX installed), try uninstalling and then resinstalling PD

Make sure you have the installer that you originally downloaded before uninstalling. If it's been more than a few weeks since you purchased PD, the download links may not be working and you'll need to contact Cyberlink with your purchase details to get a new installer.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
mjablow [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is what I have:

The FX are automatically installed when you install PD using the Cyberlink App Manager. Can you take a screenshot of the version screen (click on PowerDirector in the upper right corner). It should look like this:

Also, if you go to Window's Apps & features screen (where you would normally uninstall a program), type "cyb" in the search box and you will see all the installed Cyberlink plugins, which should include Boris Continuum:

If you have the subscription version and aren't seeing the Boris (or other FX installed), try uninstalling and then resinstalling PD

Make sure you have the installer that you originally downloaded before uninstalling. If it's been more than a few weeks since you purchased PD, the download links may not be working and you'll need to contact Cyberlink with your purchase details to get a new installer.
[Thumb - PD Version.PNG]
 Filename
PD Version.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
mjablow [Avatar]
[Post New]
I went to their help page and found out. yes I have to contact them again to reload. I will have to call since they DO NOT respond to email inquiries: I made one over a week ago and still nothing. Their customer service really has gone downhill and unfortunately makes me regret my decision to upgrade.

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I went to their help page and found out. yes I have to contact them again to reload. I will have to call since they DO NOT respond to email inquiries: I made one over a week ago and still nothing. Their customer service really has gone downhill and unfortunately makes me regret my decision to upgrade.

Hi,
We enquired as to your issue. According to the info received from CS, they replied on the 24th and are awaiting a reply from you with more information?

As a further clarification, our info is that the BorisFX Image Restoration is only available in the DS365 suite and not in PDR365.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
mjablow [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
We enquired as to your issue. According to the info received from CS, they replied on the 24th and are awaiting a reply from you with more information?

As a further clarification, our info is that the BorisFX Image Restoration is only available in the DS365 suite and not in PDR365.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

The only email I recived from them was an acknowledgement of my initial concern.. IS the Blue SKy FXpackage only available in the DS suite as well? If I were to go to the DS suite does that mean I have to pay the total amount, would they not consider the difference between the two packages?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Please check the following link to see if there is a reply to your support ticket:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/my-stuff.do

You can find the full list of what is available in each subscription version here:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=23375

Customer support should supply the information you require in the response they sent you. If not, ask another question in your ticket.

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do