Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote That is my point really, using the main timeline sets the scrubber position for all tracks. It's a single click, no need to use any key press at all.

But that doesn't help when you are concentrating on performing edits doing heavy work below the timeline. Your eyes have to look away from what you are working on. My desire is for a way to keep your eyes focused on where you are working.
Quote What you would like to do then is to have individual audio timelines have the same functionality as the main/master timeline.

Not just audio. It would be very helpful to be able to press 'C' (or another key) and click the mouse anywhere underneath the timeline, on any audio, video, or other channel, which would set the cursor position to the mouse position.
Quote i prefer to enter directly the time where i want the timeline to be positionned by double-click on the time clip under the preview window.

That doesn't address the issue I'm bringing up, unless I'm not understanding you correctly. Additionally, I don't see why you have to double-click there - a single click (and drag, if you want) moves the time around in that window, and your project.

Quote Otherwise have look under the edit menu you'll find all the shotcuts available (Alt+H)

I've looked. Didn't find anything.

To be clearer about my inquiry, say you have an audio clip in your project, and you have zoomed in on it and can see the 'word' you want to move the cursor in front of. If you could press 'C' (for 'C'ursor, for example), and then click the mouse at the desired point in the audio clip, you wouldn't have to take your eyes off the audio clip, move to the timeline, then synchronize the timeline and audio clip view. It would be a nice time saver in the long run.

Thanks!
Sorry if this has been answered before, but my Google-fu is not working if it is.

When working with a project, is it possible, when the mouse cursor is over a clip in the editing window, to click the mouse with some key(s) pressed and have the timeline position move to the current mouse position? Do we have to click in the timeline each and every time we want to change the time position?

Thanks,

David
Picked up a HD Blu-Ray player this morning, and the DVD works fine, so I'm happy. Must be a WMP issue, as you said.

Thanks,
David
Finished a memorial disk slide show for a post-funeral occasion (needed this coming Tuesday), and went to play it back in WMP. Computer has DVD player, not HD player, so drug the file from the hard drive to WMPs title bar for play back. (NOT the files from the DVD player! - I created backup files while burning the disk.) The subdirectory I selected was the base directory created in my saving option in PD.

The menus don't work. Used the default Template1 style. WMP 12.0.7600 on Win7 jumps right into playing the first chapter, followed by the rest of the disk. Can't find an option to go to the main menu. After files play, then the main menu comes up, but can't select any options - no star appears in front of them when the mouse is over the appropriate label. After main menu shows itself for the time I selected, then the first three chapter selection window appears, but can't make selection there either.

Is this a WMP issue? Is it due to not playing from a disk? Will it work when disk is played on a true HD player (which I don't have available right now)?

I selected the 'Create Disk' -> 'AVCHD 1280x720p' options when burning. Upgraded from 8 just so I could do this, but won't complain too much because I should be able to perform some work-around by connecting projector to computer, and using it as-is, in worst-case scenario (maybe).

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,
David
Thanks again! Hopefully this is improved in the future.

David
Thanks, Dafydd. If I'm not mistaken, your workaround has another problem in comparison to the 8 way, but I've forgotten exactly how 8 worked as it was several months ago I did this procedure in it (and I was relatively new to PD). When a picture was retimed in track 1, for instance, items in tracks 2 and above would also be shoved over when 'link all tracks' was selected. Now you also have to also group the objects in the other tracks (which may be what you meant), or move them after the fact.

David
The manual stretching method is MUCH quicker, and when doing some types of editing it is more accurate (i.e., when you have a pic/video in another track and you are trying to make the end of the pic coincide with something in the other track, manual is really the best way to go). In 8 it was so easy--now it is so hard.
In 8 you could take a ten-second still photo and stretch it to 20 seconds or any other value just by dragging the right edge, even when there was another still photo placed beside it. In 9, this seems impossible. You can right-click and 'set duration,' but when you are dealing with over a hundred photos making a slide show manually, this makes me gnash my teeth in frustration.

Please reimplement the older method of setting clip times! Have the videos and photos to the right move accordingly, as 8 did. Or, if I am missing something, please let me know!

Thanks!
It won't help much, but you can 'favorite' the fade, and then select the 'My Favorites' folder in the upper left portion of the transitions window. (It is the dropdown that should be defaulted to 'All content.") You won't have to scroll for it if there aren't too many transitions favorited.
In PD8 transitions could be copy/pasted between pictures and/or movies in the main editing timeline. (Click on a transition to highlight it, Ctrl-C, click-select on movie/picture to paste the transition after and Ctrl-V.) Doesn't seem to be available in V9 Ultra. Am I missing something? If so, and it is possible, please re-enable this functionality as it is extremely useful!

Thanks,
David

(edit - now that I see the changes to the transitions, allowing end 1 only / end 1 - beginning 2 / and beginning 2 only, I understand why it was removed. Still useful, and if it can be put back with the new functionality it would be much appreciated, but I'll make due.)
OK, got a handle on it.

When trying to master all of this, so I could get my work done, I had installed ffdshow for some reason (or it got installed by one of the programs I downloaded). There are two solutions to this problem, unless Cyberlink creates another one.

First solution: uninstall ffdshow. In the programs, it was listed as "ffdshow [rev 3299][2010-03-03]".

Second solution (and this is slightly weird): open a new project and drag-n-drop a .wmv file onto it. It will give a ffdshow prompt. Answer it (I usually selected 'don't use ffdshow just this once)'. Then use the 'open project' folder, to open the project. Sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't, or so it seems.

I've uninstalled ffdshow, and I can now open the projects what gave me problems.

And yay! My first video is done! It is just an introduction to the science of our ancestors, and more vids are on the way, but if you want to check it out, it is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dcqa8Xkvgc.

Thanks for the help Tony and Jaime!

Best wishes,
David
Yes, it was the FAQ page that pointed me that way. There are two FAQs on this topic that I found (1 and 2), and the second one indicated the path issue, although its wording was ambiguous, because it may have meant the original file path, not the project path.

Yes, I replaced the original file, but now I've gone back to the original.

Anyway, no, I am not getting any other errors -- just the symptoms indicated in the first post. I even left the computer alone once for about thirty minutes, to see if it would do anything, but no luck. The (PDHanuman?) server and main program processes were both at 0% at the end, and I had to shut them down using Task Manager.

Thanks,
David
Thanks, Tony. Unfortunately, that file doesn't work. It causes PowerDirector to stop working when I open any project (including ones that did open previously). That may have something to do with the new build released a month or so ago, I don't know. (The old AEFFMgr.dll was 462 KB, the one you pointed me to was 394 KB.)

All of the files are on my C: drive. I haven't put all of them into the project directory (also in C), because I planned on reusing them in other projects. Next time I'll give it a try, but I hope there is a permanent solution to this problem that doesn't include that requirement.

Again, thanks!
David
When opening my project, the little opening window appears. It gets to the point where is says 'Project [99%]' for the little window's title, and "Update Timeline Data" is the text in the window, with the progress bar fully blue.

I recreated the project from scratch (yay! two more hours of work!). Same thing happens when I reopen the project.

This is the second project this has occurred with. The project is seven minutes long, with about 30 source files in it (some PNG files, some WMV files, and other types). I'm using PD8 on Win7-32.

I found this page but it so helpfully doesn't give a link to the AEFFMgr.dll file for download. Grrrrrr.

Any solution?

Thanks,
David

Edit - further searching indicates that you should have all of your files in the project directory. Is that REALLY true?
A search for 'batch produce' found this thread from the middle of last year: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7294.page. It seems to say 'no' to your question, but maybe there has been a change since then. If so, it isn't evident from the interface, therefore the answer is probably not what you want to hear. Sorry.

Best wishes,
David
But it is still noticeable, I take it. Using the same settings, it still is for me. I'm sorry about the shortness of the clip - it is necessary to quickly pause it to see the problem. Here's a slightly longer version, if it helps.

Thank you for your feedback - I very much appreciate it.

David

More mind-numbing trial and error, and I think the problem is in the MP4 compression, and there is nothing I can do except try a different background. As a test, I got a frame from the good .avi as a PNG file, and it was beautiful. Imported it into PD as a still image, created an MP2 file, and the banding appeared. Then I imported the PNG file into a graphics program and exported it as a 100% quality JPG. The banding appeared in that step as well. So it is probably a JPG issue, not a PD issue. (I've heard that JPG's don't really like blues and reds, and this seems to confirm that. MPEG files use JPGs in their process, if I'm not mistaken.)

Any experience working with these issues? What have others done? Thanks!

David
Thanks. If it turns out that this is normal, what program/s do you use to create animations, and what process gets around this issue?

David
Go to: