Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Playing back 720p created disk from file - menu problem in WMP
DavidONeil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2010 11:17 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Finished a memorial disk slide show for a post-funeral occasion (needed this coming Tuesday), and went to play it back in WMP. Computer has DVD player, not HD player, so drug the file from the hard drive to WMPs title bar for play back. (NOT the files from the DVD player! - I created backup files while burning the disk.) The subdirectory I selected was the base directory created in my saving option in PD.

The menus don't work. Used the default Template1 style. WMP 12.0.7600 on Win7 jumps right into playing the first chapter, followed by the rest of the disk. Can't find an option to go to the main menu. After files play, then the main menu comes up, but can't select any options - no star appears in front of them when the mouse is over the appropriate label. After main menu shows itself for the time I selected, then the first three chapter selection window appears, but can't make selection there either.

Is this a WMP issue? Is it due to not playing from a disk? Will it work when disk is played on a true HD player (which I don't have available right now)?

I selected the 'Create Disk' -> 'AVCHD 1280x720p' options when burning. Upgraded from 8 just so I could do this, but won't complain too much because I should be able to perform some work-around by connecting projector to computer, and using it as-is, in worst-case scenario (maybe).

Any feedback appreciated.

Thanks,
David
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I've seen this also. I believe it is a media player issue. When I play the same DVD files in PowerDVD it works fine. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
DavidONeil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2010 11:17 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Picked up a HD Blu-Ray player this morning, and the DVD works fine, so I'm happy. Must be a WMP issue, as you said.

Thanks,
David