Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's not appearing even after installing the Realtek driver. I can only see 'Non-decoded DTS/Doldy' not 'High definition'.

I've given up now. This is just a try and error kind of thing which is just not technically smart on the part of the manufacturers.
I'm using Windows 7.

Would be a shame if that's what's causing the problem.

Did you have to chose 'non-decoded High definition audio' in PowerDVD?
Are you actually getting TrueHD and DTS-Master?

I tried your method, but it didn't work at all.
It should also actually supprot HD audio. Not the phony marketing tactics Cyberlink has employed in PowereDVD 9.
I hear you citizen.

I used to have Arcsoft's TotalMedia Platinum 3. It worked right out of the box with Xonar HDAV 1300. When I saw ATI HD5770 and all the graphic processing power, I thought I should ditch TMT and Xonar HDAV and get this PowerDVd and ATI HD5770. Big mistake.

I have a feeling the card is just fine. It's this useless software.

Do you know of other players that would make use of the card?
Mine is not there.

But thanks for your help.
It should not output compressed signal. It should be uncompressed.
it's showing DTS-ES instead of DTS-MA.

I've tried two BDs. The other is Batman (The joker one). It's encoded with TrueHD 5.1 but it's coming out as standard Dolby 5.1
In the 'information' section of the window in PowerDVD, it's showing that the output signal is compressed.
I'm using Sony DA2400ES as receiver
I'm watching Ice Age 3.

I followed your advise; to try and set the output mode once playback is going on. There is still no 'non-decoded high definition' option.
not having any luck with this. it's not outputting DTS-master signal. It's downsampling it to DTS.

how did you sort it out?
I did install the latest 10.2, but not the latest Realtek. I'll try now...

Thank you for the speedy reply.
I recently bought PowerDVD 9 because they finally started 'supporting' pass though of HD audio formats via ATI HD 5XXX cards.

Boy was I mistaken!!! I cannot for the life of me get any of the high end audio formats in powerDVD.

The PCs control panel does show the supported formats by the ATI HD 5770. But in PowerDVD I can't see the option 'pass through' or 'non decoded high definition audio'.

Has anyone come and across this issue? If so, have you sorted it out?
Go to: