Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A suggestion/request for powerDVD 10
Guig Esprit du Sage [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2010 20:11 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't saw a way to send suggestions to cyberlink powerDVD team so I post here, hoping that someone from the company will take care.

I've read that power DVD 10 (maybe only the ultra version) will support bluray 3D.
I hope will take advantage of many of the 3D systems avaylable with PC: I hope it will not only support:
+the screens and projector using 120Hz shutters with HDMI and HDCP 1.4
but also :
+non HDCP 1.4 120Hz systems if allowed.
+DLP chekerboard TVs
+affordable native row interlaced systems (i.e. Zalman trimon).
+dual output systems and related/derivative, for home-made and pro-level systems like dual projectors and stereomiror (planar-like) systems.
+head mounted systems (i.e. vuzix i920).

If not I will simply stay on stereoscopic player, hoping they will have a full support of blu-ray codecs or find a parallel way.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/cgi-bin/newsletter.cgi?news_id=93

regards

Guig

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 02. 2010 17:51

phil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2010 01:48 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
It should also actually supprot HD audio. Not the phony marketing tactics Cyberlink has employed in PowereDVD 9.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your suggestions!

@phil

can you please be more precise - any problem you encouner on HD Audio output?

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
I forgot the iZ3D screen but only the iZ3D developpers can give algorithm to make it work.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 07. 2010 20:20

Ghostlamer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2010 12:09 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Add full support for mkv format.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14. 2010 12:19

[Post New]
The new PowerDVD10 is here, it works with more 3D screen and glasses than I was thinking.

But systems using dual video output are not supported (dual projectors systems, planar like) I'm in the last case so powerDVD 10 is unusefull for me. So I do not buy it for the moment, I'm still on 3Dtv's stereoscopic player for the 3D.

It's not like if send video for each eye on a different screen and add a horitotal/vertical miror-flip was complicated to do.
James [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2010 21:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I also just had to buy 3DTV's player with 3DFier loaded for the 2D to 3D conversion.

I think Power DVD 10 is a much more polished tool. Much easier to use but it needs to support the IZ3D monitor.