Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Passthough for TrueHD and DTS Master
phil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2010 01:48 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I recently bought PowerDVD 9 because they finally started 'supporting' pass though of HD audio formats via ATI HD 5XXX cards.

Boy was I mistaken!!! I cannot for the life of me get any of the high end audio formats in powerDVD.

The PCs control panel does show the supported formats by the ATI HD 5770. But in PowerDVD I can't see the option 'pass through' or 'non decoded high definition audio'.

Has anyone come and across this issue? If so, have you sorted it out?
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

did you install the latest10.2 Catalyst drivers and the latest Relatek HD Audio drivers:

ATI HDMI Audio Device R2.42 2010/2/12 17953k

that are available on Realtek website?

BTW: the option will be available after the BD playback started

Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2010 07:11

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did install the latest 10.2, but not the latest Realtek. I'll try now...

Thank you for the speedy reply.
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
not having any luck with this. it's not outputting DTS-master signal. It's downsampling it to DTS.

how did you sort it out?
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please help to post the title of BD you use for your testing.

Please make sure to open the Settings after main title has been started and then you can select the Bitstreaming option.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm watching Ice Age 3.

I followed your advise; to try and set the output mode once playback is going on. There is still no 'non-decoded high definition' option.
[Post New]
Hi,

can you please post a detailed system discription? On my systems it works without any problem (using HD57xx and Onkyo Sr507 Amplifier connected via HDMI and from Amplifier connected to display via HDMI)

BR
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2010 09:00

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm using Sony DA2400ES as receiver
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
In the 'information' section of the window in PowerDVD, it's showing that the output signal is compressed.
[Post New]
Hi,

what does your amplifier show?

Compressed should be ok becasue DTS-HD-MA is a compressed (but losless) format

Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2010 09:15

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
it's showing DTS-ES instead of DTS-MA.

I've tried two BDs. The other is Batman (The joker one). It's encoded with TrueHD 5.1 but it's coming out as standard Dolby 5.1
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
It should not output compressed signal. It should be uncompressed.
[Post New]
Hi,

there are some AC Receiver causing some trouble - you may also check here:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1125772&page=71

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mine is not there.

But thanks for your help.
Ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2010 04:04 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have been running pdvd 9 for a while and have been very happy with it, integration could be better as well as detection for when its already running but i'll leave that for another day.

Anyway I was rapt when support for the ati hd5xxx hd audio was anounced, I had planned to get one and finally enjoy my movies as intended, So I got the patch, bought a hd5670 and thought away we go, after two days of ripping my hair out I and trying different drivers I tested some blu rays with some other software and bang, it all worked, but no hd audio on pdvd 9, so I gave up, happy in the thought it worked, just not with my prefered player.

I then find this forum message and discover that you have to play the movie, then go into the settings and enable hd audio providing your drivers are the right one's!

2 questions,
1 whose gonna know to do that considering thiers no info about it and...
2 Is it gonna be changed so that it detects hd audio and adjusts accordingly like most other programs?

I just find it silly that you have to play movie then adjust audio instead of adjust audio based on what capabilities are detected then play.

I hope it gets changed, cause people with htpc are gonna need a 100 page manual to get blu ray playback 100% fully operational with the lack of information, thank the lord for forums and other users that communicate thier problems to find solutions.
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
I hear you citizen.

I used to have Arcsoft's TotalMedia Platinum 3. It worked right out of the box with Xonar HDAV 1300. When I saw ATI HD5770 and all the graphic processing power, I thought I should ditch TMT and Xonar HDAV and get this PowerDVd and ATI HD5770. Big mistake.

I have a feeling the card is just fine. It's this useless software.

Do you know of other players that would make use of the card?
Matt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2010 16:54 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I then find this forum message and discover that you have to play the movie, then go into the settings and enable hd audio providing your drivers are the right one's!

2 questions,
1 whose gonna know to do that considering thiers no info about it and...
2 Is it gonna be changed so that it detects hd audio and adjusts accordingly like most other programs?

I just find it silly that you have to play movie then adjust audio instead of adjust audio based on what capabilities are detected then play.

I hope it gets changed, cause people with htpc are gonna need a 100 page manual to get blu ray playback 100% fully operational with the lack of information, thank the lord for forums and other users that communicate thier problems to find solutions.

Oh my gosh, this information should be posted in bright red letters in every post related to this issue. I have wasted so much time trying to fix this before reading this post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 24. 2010 16:56