Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
my experience with pdvd 9, ati 5450 and hd audio bitstreaming
MrScientist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2010 06:55 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
just in case anyone else is having the same problems i did... i had to install the realtek ati hd drivers (v. 2.42) in order to get hd audio bitstreaming to work with my powercolor 5450 512MK3-SH. the default ati audio drivers would not work for me.
phil [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 31, 2010 01:48 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Are you actually getting TrueHD and DTS-Master?

I tried your method, but it didn't work at all.
MrScientist [Avatar]
[Post New]
that's what it says on my receiver. i guess i should've included that information as well since i've read of some receivers being picky about hdmi inputs from pcs. it's a onkyo sr606. also, using vista.
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm using Windows 7.

Would be a shame if that's what's causing the problem.

Did you have to chose 'non-decoded High definition audio' in PowerDVD?
MrScientist [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes, i had to choose "non-decoded High definition audio" in pdvd. but, this option did not even appear with the ati drivers, it only appeared after installing the realtek drivers.

can you even choose that?
phil [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's not appearing even after installing the Realtek driver. I can only see 'Non-decoded DTS/Doldy' not 'High definition'.

I've given up now. This is just a try and error kind of thing which is just not technically smart on the part of the manufacturers.