Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I would like to reinstall my operating system on my computer...I am using Windows 7 64 bit...I have my movies and saved projects on a completely separate HD while the Cyberlink PD 8 program is installed on the regular OS HD...Is there a way I can restore my projects after I am done with the reinstall and keep all my transitions and tittles in them...The videos and saved projects I have saved on the separate HD will remain untouched...Thanks
Hey cool I was planning on getting an LG burner also BH10LS30. I will continue to troubleshoot it. I can burn to AVCHD to regular DVD+R but not DVD+R DL...driving me crazy! Thanks!
I have tried it with just raw files with no enhancments at all. I have the latest build as well. Are you using a Blu ray burner to put your AVCHD files on a Dual Layer Disc? The burner I using is a Sony Optarc
AD-7240S-0B...It does not read blu rays....I have tried using Verbatim, and Memorex media and burned at many different speeds...mainly slow speeds...I have tried to contact technical support but they basically told me to do a reinstall which did not help...What kind of burner are you using?
Thanks Andrew,

I noticed that you have a HDR-XR200 that uses AVCHD for it's file format like my camcorder I believe? Have you ever had problems putting your recorded files on the timeline and tried to create a disc using the AVCHD disc type in Disc Preferences and putting it on a DVD+R DL? I have never been able to successfully put my video's using my camcorder on a DVD+R DL using the AVCHD disc type in the disc preferences in PD8...I had posted this in another forum but got nothing really...Thanks again for your input earlier.
I have a Sony hdr-XR500v camcorder that records using AVCHD and I have it set on recording at 1920x1080 at 16 Mbps. My movie that I have created has my recorded film, Titles, Colorboards and Transitions.

When my project is done I would like to put it on a blu ray disc. My question is when i go to Disc Preferences I click on Blu ray Dis 25G...What file endcoding format and quality should i use? I can either pick H.264 or MPEG-2 and HD 1920x1080 or 1920x1080 24Mbps...So pretty much what would be the determining factor in choosing H.264 or MPEG-2 and HD 1920x1080 or HD 1920x1080 24Mbps. Can anyone shine some light on this matter?
Thes settings are also quite similar in the Produce tab when trying to make a H.264 AVC file.

Much appreciated!
My Camcorder is a Sony HDR-XR500V
Yes i am sure. The only issue i have is putting an avchd movie that i have cut out to fit on a DVD+R DL to burn successfuly. Does anyones have a problems burning a AVCHD movie on to a Dual Layer DVD?
I can burn regular DVD+R's when creating a disc using the AVCHD file type with a 1920 x 1080 setting but when I try and use a DVD+R DL and burn using the DVD 8.5 setting it says burning successful but you can clearly see by looking on the back of the DVD that it was not finished and will not play on any of my blu ray players. I have tried on my laptop and desktop and still get the same results. I have also tried burning at slower speeds. I am running build 2508 on both computers. Does anyone have a fix for this. I am running through to many DVD+R DL's!
Alright Adrew Got a couple more for you bud,

How bout when adding music tracks to the track line and editing the audio in the video clip itself (lowering the volume, muting etc)...Pretty much talking about making a Music Video kind of thing...Will that degrade my final output...Thanks you have been a lot of help!
Sorry to keep dragging this on. So there is no way to know whether PD8 in the Produce or Create Disc Window is refering to their quality drop down menu as 1920 x 1080i and 1044 x 1080i or 1920 x 1080p and 1044 x 1080p? I'm just curious? I hope I am making sense...

Andrew I knew you had a sony camcorder and was hopeing you would enter this board...lol...Thanks for the help!
ALI,

How many types of cyberlink programs do you have installed?
Thank you all,

This brings another question up:

1) My camcorder model is Sony HDR-XR500V and I am pretty certain that it records at 1920 x 1080i and 1440 x 1080i so how do i produce a video in PD8 in the 1920 x 1080i and 1440 x 1080i format to minimize video redering? Wouldn't going from interlaced to prolaced degrade my picture as well because it is changing the whole video?

Thanks a whole bunch!

Andrew thanks for putting it in dummy terms for me!
I will be going a vacation here in the future. The camcorder I have is a Sony HDR-XR500V. The camcorder has recording modes as follows:

HD FH: Records in the highest quality mode (AVC HD 16M(FH)) *Movies are recorded with AVCHD 1920 x 108060i format

HD HQ: Records in high quality mode (AVC HD 9M (HQ))* Movies are recorded with AVCHD 1440 x 1080/60i format

HD SP: Records in standard quality mode (AVC HD 7M (SP)) *))* Movies are recorded with AVCHD 1440 x 1080/60i format

When I played a couple of test videos straight from the camcorder to my TVs (Samsung LED UNB6000 series and Sony KDL-XBR4) or straight as a file from the computer I thought that the picture quality was amazing. I was recording at HD SP mode at the time. So when I produced/created a video using PD I was not that impressed with the picture quality. The recording mode for all movies were HD SP at the time.

Here are the some of the settings I used in the Produce Window:
H.264/AVC
Quality 1920 x 1080
United States (NTSC)
Burned to a DVD+R
All movies I burn will be used to play on blu-ray players

I believe that a part of the problem was that my source (at HD SP) was recorded at 1440 x 1080/60i format and I produced it at 1920 x 1080. Some of my question are:

1. What settings should I use to record my videos on with my camcorder?

2. I really like the picture quality that the HD HQ (1440 x 1080) mode records at because it gives me a good picture quality and takes up less space but will this cause any issues with picture quality when displaying the final output with PD to a 1920 x 1080 TV? And if I record at this mode I would probably have to put the quality in the produce window to 1440 x 1080 to get the best results right?

3. In the produce window what is the difference between (1400 x 1080 & 1920 x 1080) vs.( 1400 x 1080 24mbps & 1920 x 1080 24 mbps)

4. I am having a tough time understanding SVRT…Can anyone shine some light on that subject?

5. I may decide to use my recording mode HD FH (1920 x 1080). If I decide to use this, what settings in the produce windows should I use when producing a video.

6.) Does recording on a Blu-ray Disc or DVD+R/DL matter when it comes to Picture Quality.

7.) PD8 a non-destructive program right?

All my videos as of now will be burnt to either a blu-Ray disc (In the future when I decide to get a blu-ray burner) or DVD+R/DL. I will also be putting transition and other special features that PD provides on some of my movies. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone for your input! Much Appreciated!
I ask this because when i add pics to the time line and click on magic music it seems that i have to purchase a lot of them in order to add them to the timeline...Is this normal?
RobertJ/OZ,

Also is there a way I can be sure and verify that the Content Pack installed all the music and stuff. Just to be sure...Thanks!
RobertJ/OZ

Ha...Thanks for the clear up...I was just talking about the installer itself..I have saved my Content Pack and installed the Content Pack just fine when I activated the trial version with my key...My main concern was why would I need to buy the Extended Download Service if the trial which i could activate with my key is available...Simply I was curious if there was something I did not know about the Extended Download Service just in case i made future purchases to see if i really needed it or not...Thanks!
Dafydd,

I have download the trial version on my second computer and activated with my key that Cyberlink has provided for me...Comparing the two downloads (Trial and Retail) they are essentially the same thing.
Awesome...And you will by the way have to reinstall any Cyberlink Products that were in that folder you deleted in the registry...
Raymond,

Wait so did it work!? The vibe I am getting from you is that it either worked or my steps were not really different from anyone's so you decided not to put anymore time into it? Which is understandable...I was getting really frustrated with the program install as well... :S ...Let me know! THanks!
Go to: