Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Raymond,

Wait so did it work!? The vibe I am getting from you is that it either worked or my steps were not really different from anyone's so you decided not to put anymore time into it? Which is understandable...I was getting really frustrated with the program install as well... :S ...Let me know! THanks!
I had a similar problem I believe...If you are not able to install the program because Cyberlink thinks there is already a program installed you will have to download a Microsoft Windows Install Clean Up...You can find one here at the link

http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/9/d/e9d80355-7ab4-45b8-80e8-983a48d5e1bd/msicuu2.exe

Before you run the install though do this:

1) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" --> click "Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete folder "Cyberlink". Reboot your PC.

**Now you will do a similar step...but instead you will go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER**

2) Start --> Run --> type "regedit" --> click "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" --> click "Software" --> click "Cyberlink" -->Delete folder "Cyberlink". Restart

3) Now run the Microsoft Windows Install Clean Up program and select PowerDVD or CyberLink, I can't remember which one it is and uninstall it...do a restart...When system boots up Install Cyberlink...While you install don't do anything...I had a lot of trouble with my install until i did this...Good Luck...Please let me know if this helped!?
Cranston,

Wow, I unchecked The "check for automatic updates" box an it magically operated normally after closing the "About Cyberlink PowerDirector 8" I am no longer having the issue I was having when I started this forum. It's a fix for me!!! Thanks!
Hi Guys...I am new to Cyberlink and just a little unclear on the EXTENDED DOWNLOAD SERVICE...Here's my question:

If I needed to reinstall and download PowerDirector 8 and I still had my key, couldn't i just redownload the trial version and activate it with my key anyways?

If this is true then why would i need to purchase the EXTENDED DOWNLOAD SERVICE? Anyone have any experience with this?

I have already purchased PowerDirector 8 but would like to know for future references. Just in case i decide to purchase anymore of their products.

Thanks!
Dafydd,

I did not state that I cleaned my system because I said that i *I just reformatted the HD 31JAN10 in the AM

I have tried to reinstall many times and contacted Tech support already...Thanks anyways
So what did you guys figure out?
Dafydd...

My System:
Asus Maximus 3 Formula Mobo
Intel i7-860 @ 2.8 GHz
Two Internal SATA 7500 rpm HD's Configured at RAID 1(OS, Work Music etc)
One Internal SATA Dedicated 7500 HD TB For Video
6 GB Corsair Dominator RAM
NVIDIA GTX 250

*I just reformatted the 31JAN10 in the AM

PowerDirectorVersion:
Versrion 8.00.2508

Problem:
1) Click: Menu>Help>About Cyberlink Power Director >then exit...If you repeat these step right after you exit you should get a lag or crash. This happends on two different machines of mine.

2)Installation hangs at installing smartsound...This has happened on two different computers
well when i went to help look the build up my system hung up again. If you want to try and duplicate the issue heres what happens i click on help and then about and close the "about" window that opens up and then try and repeat the steps it will lag on me are even crash. The build i am running is the one that came with the download. When my PD crashed after i checked the build number i forgot it.

Do i need to install SmartSound cause it has been sitting a "installing smart sound" on my laptop for like 30 mins...i had to try it twice on the computer i am using now. I have not updated my PD yet cause im waiting to see if PD 8 will do it on its on. I can't even trust this program.
Thanks! So is #1 known fixable issue?
1.)Does anyone have problems with PowerDirector 8 seriously lagging or crashing after they open About Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 in the Help menu and close the help menu again?

2.) Does anyone have any Problems with the installation when it installs at the "Installing SmartSound" sections and it just freezes? And what is SmartSound Exactly?

Thanks!
Brian are you still having this problem? I am new to the whole forums thing but I troubleshot the "Media Source Error Front-end graph streaming error" For Days and finally figured it out...In ur case i think its your music file...Let me know if you still need help... it will be a lot to type...If you are still having problems are you using the trial version or the purchased version...I will let you know that on one older computer i would have the error and that's what i had to fix and on my other newer computer I would not get the error...Let me know where your at with this
Go to: