Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What's the trick with uninstalling all of the patches and installing the original version? I've uninstalled all the programs, restarted my computer and then reinstalled from the original download file, but it still installs it with the latest update? I'm assuming there are some temp. files hanging around somewhere.
The last patch also broke the program for me. Certain video files were no longer able to be added to the program and it was freezing all the time and crashing as well. I was actually logging onto the forums to ask if anybody know how to uninstall an update and saw this post.

I just installed this update and none of the issues that patch 2707 caused has seemed to be fixed for me.

I'll probably be uninstalling and installing the original, non-patched version as well.
So I'm pretty sure Power Director doesn't have the fast start/web optimize feature for MP4 videos, but if anybody is interested, here's some links that explain the issue and offer some 3rd party programs to solve it.

http://rigor.com/blog/2016/01/optimizing-mp4-video-for-fast-streaming

https://www.ffmpeg.org/about.html

http://renaun.com/blog/code/qtindexswapper/
Is there a setting anywhere to make MP4 video optimized for streaming? Most programs called this option "web optimized" or something similar. Basically, I just need the MOOV atom to be at the beginning of the MP4 file, so the video will start streaming instantly.
Thanks for the reply. That is a cool program and will definitely solve my problem. I was hoping not to run a 3rd party program, but oh well I guess.

I still don't know why they removed the feature to scroll through the video with the mouse wheel. That's been the only reason why I haven't upgraded from PD8.
I'm looking for a way to set my mouse scroll wheel so that anytime I scroll forward or backwards, it's a shortcut for Seek By (frame, Second, Minute).

I currently use PowerDirector 8, and I can use the scroll wheel on my mouse to progress the video forward. I can't seem to find a workaround for that in PD13.
When watching videos in the preview window, is there anyway to get the blue circle with the + sign in the middle, to not show up? I know it goes away when you're scrolling through the video, but I want it to never show up.

Is there anyway to scroll through a video clip by using the scroll wheel on the mouse?

This was an option in older versions and is currently the main reason why I am still using PowerDirector 8. If you are watching a video in PD8, you can click on the slider bar under the video and then use the scroll wheel to skip/fast forward through the video 1 second per scroll. It's an amazing convenience and makes my job a lot easier. I currently use PD8 about 40 hours a week. And there's 5 other people at my office that use it just as much.
Go to: