Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I don't know if this has been observed before, but I thought I would share it with the PD8 community. I own a Samsung HMX-H105 HD camera, and for Christmas I bought my daughter and son-in-law a Sanyo Xacti VPS -HD1010. She just gave birth to our first grand child, and I took video shot from both cameras and built a project. The DVD version is fine, but the Blu Ray has a section where the screen goes black for one clip.

After a lot of experimentation, this is what I have found:

The black clip is always the first Sanyo clip after a Samsung clip. Transitions the other way work OK. The file type are H.264 MP4 for both, but the Sanyo clip properties are 59.xx fps, and the Samsung are 29.xx fps

To try and figure out what was happening, I built a simple short project and interleaved clips from each camera. The resulting Blu Ray disk played fine !!! I then realized the problem was the fade transition. It works from Sanyo clip to Samsung clip, but fails going from Samsung clip to Sanyo clip.

I am now rendering a new project where I inserted a black colorboard between the two clips with a short fade transition on either side of the color board. I will report the results tonight.
OK, I guess I am dumb as a bag of rocks . . .

I tried Daemon Tools Lite, it does not know what to do with the Blu Ray folders on the hard drive.

The file PDV8 creates looks just like a Blu Ray disk, it has two folders under the root, BDMV and Certificate. It is not an image file. Under the BDMV folder there are many directories, most of them empty, but there is one directory called STREAM with lots of 000XX.m2ts files, in this case numbered from 00000 to 00052.

When I burn a disk with Nero, I use the Blu Ray option and simply add the BDMV and Certificate folder to the project and burn.

So I'm guessing PDV8 is not creating an image file?
These are Blu Ray movies I have rendered, I would not think they have any protection.
Disk image. I render a blu ray disk in PowerdirectorV8 and have it write the file to a folder on the hard drive. I would like to preview the results before burning to a disk.
I have PowerDVD V8. It can play Blu Ray movies from the Blu Ray drive in my PC, but I have not figured out how to play blu ray movie files stored on the hard drive. Using the "play movie files" I can open and play DVD files, but not blu ray. Any ideas? Thanks.
I tried joining two files using Samsung's Intelli-studio utlity. It did combine the files, but the resulting file had the same stutter as the PD8 project.

For this project, a brief transition effect solved the problem. I will need to keep this in mind on future projects and force a file break during natural pauses so a break does not occur at an inopportune time.
Thank you again for the the replies. Your English is great, no need to apologize.

The camcorder does come with a utility called Intelli-studio, but I have not yet found any feature to join files. I'll play with it again tonight.
Thanks for the replies . . . . I know this is not a PD8 issue, but from what I have browsed on the web it is common to cameras using solid state memory (probably disk drives too, but I don't know for sure).

There were only two events on my recent project longer than 15 minutes, but I typically record events 90 minutes or more in length. Now that I know what the camera does I can try and work around the 1.8G limit.

If I get a chance tonight I will create a short clip with the break between files to demonstrate what happens.
My Samsung HMX-H105 has a file size limit of 1.8GB, which is roughly 15 minutes in the HD superfine mode. If this limit is reached while recording, a new file will be created, and so on every 15 minutes. I assumed if I put these files in order on the PD8 timeline with no transition they would play seamlessly, but this is not the case, there is a "jump" that looks sort of like I hit the record button rapidly twice in succession.

Has anybody else experienced this with their camera and have any suggestions on how to "splice" these files back together? Thanks.
I'm with you, the ads are annoying, and I did pay for this product.
Yes, adding the registry entry worked for me, no issues so far.
It looks like the shadow files were at the heart of my troubles. I disabled them and now PD8 has not only not crashed, but has rendered a project into both Blu Ray and DVD formats without issue.

I also did the regedit fix to enable writing the output files to disk, seems to work ok.
Well, it took three tries, but PD8 finally made it through a complete blu ray render. At first it failed at 20%, then about 50%, then it finished. The only change I made was to shut off shadow files. In the previous attempts it would display a "Burning stopped" or something like that, it would then burn whatever was rendered to the disk.

I made no change to the menus or project data between attempts.

I will try the same project to DVD and see what happens.
I "un" overclocked the cpu back to 2.6Ghtz. So far, every time I burn a disk, it gets further into the burn before it fails with a "Burning stopped responding" or something like that. Right now I'm 78% through a render/burn, furthest I've gotten so far.

I disabled shadow files, maybe that is significant?

I will see what I can pull together this evening. The blue screen could have been a result of overclocking, but this is the first time it has happened. I can set the CPU back to stock speeds to rule that out as a contributing factor.

I looked at the other thread you referenced, that seems like a work in progress rather than an answer.
Is anybody else having issues with random crashing in PD8? I also had the PC blue screen while running only PD8, something it has never done in over a year of hard use.

Vista Ultimate 32 bit, AMD Phenom X4, 4GB memory.

Any guidance would be appreciated.
My enthusiasm for PD8 is waning . . . . .

I put together a 1-1/2 hour HD project with video shot with my new Samsung HMX-H105. When trying to create a Blu Ray disk, the program gets roughly 20% through the burn then suddenly reports it is 100% done and ejects the disk. The disk will play, but of course anything beyond the 20% is not on the disk.

No error message.

PC is Vista Ultimate 32 bit, all updates installed.
I got a chance to try this tonight. . . . . the color board and effect on titles worked exactly as advertised. But it is different from Pinnacle Studio so I have some learning to do. Now that title fades are conquered I need help with menus, but that will wait until next week.
Thank you, I will try this tonight . . . .
Well, now I have a new question, how do apply the fade to the title? The fade seems to be affecting only the movie track. Thanks.
Go to: