Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Black screen after fade between clips, blu ray only, DVD fine
[Post New]
I don't know if this has been observed before, but I thought I would share it with the PD8 community. I own a Samsung HMX-H105 HD camera, and for Christmas I bought my daughter and son-in-law a Sanyo Xacti VPS -HD1010. She just gave birth to our first grand child, and I took video shot from both cameras and built a project. The DVD version is fine, but the Blu Ray has a section where the screen goes black for one clip.

After a lot of experimentation, this is what I have found:

The black clip is always the first Sanyo clip after a Samsung clip. Transitions the other way work OK. The file type are H.264 MP4 for both, but the Sanyo clip properties are 59.xx fps, and the Samsung are 29.xx fps

To try and figure out what was happening, I built a simple short project and interleaved clips from each camera. The resulting Blu Ray disk played fine !!! I then realized the problem was the fade transition. It works from Sanyo clip to Samsung clip, but fails going from Samsung clip to Sanyo clip.

I am now rendering a new project where I inserted a black colorboard between the two clips with a short fade transition on either side of the color board. I will report the results tonight.
[Thumb - video_file_info.jpg]
 Filename
video_file_info.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Properties of Sanyo and Samsung MP4 files.
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
194 time(s)
mkh productions
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Suggest you render the offending clip into BD and then use the result in your edit. Win 10, i7
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bob,
Are you willing to make a sample clip from the Samsung HMX-H105 HD camera, available please to check out the issue?

Let me know asap.

Thanks

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Andrew - Wales, UK
Contributor Location: Wales, UK Joined: Jan 27, 2009 19:16 Messages: 545 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I've seen something similar before with a Sony - after a text overlay finished. The work around is to insert a clip split manually at the exact moment the transition ends. You will need to use the back and forward frame buttons to get the split on the timeline at the exact point.

It's a workaround that worked for me!

Cheers,

Andrew

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 11. 2010 17:02

Alienware Aurora ALX R4 - Intel i7-4820 4.2 GHz - 32GB DDR3 RAM - Crucial 512GB SSD - 1TB Seagate HDD - 3TB WD Green HDD - 4TB WD Green HDD - MSI NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB

Sony HDR-PJ810 and HDR-PJ530