Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Many thanks to all the contributors that tried to find an answer. In fact I used to build videos using Pinnacle Studio V9, a very old version, It displays the recording date for each scene that I have dowloaded.

I bought a new video cam last year, obviously an HD camcorder so that now I have SD avi (both 4/3 and 16/9) and HD mts. I would like to mix all that stuff into a unique file to produce a DVD.
Pinnacle Studio V9 is not able to do that but Adobe Premiere Elements 9 do that as well as Cyberlink PD but they both lack the recording date information that Studio V9 can display.
Big problem to solve, I want to give up with Pinnacle but cannot find any software that deal with my specific needs.

Again many thanks to you all.
Well, I going to be more clear in my explanations. I have one SD AVI file where I recorded lifetime scenes of my 2 grand-children for now 4 years since 2007. I downloaded the file on my computer and proceeded with the scenne detection. Now I would like to know the exact date at which scenes have been recorded.
Just tell me how to proceed.
If I understand Nina, it's not possible because PD doesn't display the information.
Correct ?
Up ... Any help ?
Once a SD file has been loaded in the media library, I proceed with the scene detection based on image changes. Now how can I get the date at which the scene has been recorded by the camcorder ? I tried right-click on the scene on the timeline but can't get the date of recording.

Any help somewhere ? Thanks in advance
Works fine now. I changed the aspect ratio using your tip. Thanks very much.

I go on my exploration, obviously I'll get back in a new thread sooner or later.
I have an SD video recorded by a Canon MVX 250i in a 16/9 format. When I read the video using MS Windows Media it is correct, right formart displayed 16/9.
Now, using PD10 Free trial version, those videos are displayed 4/3 in a 16/9 project. When I try to open the video PD told me that it has detected a 4/3 video. PD properties displayed DV-AVi - 4/3 - 720x576 - 25 fps.
It looks like there is something wrong somewhere.

May I say that Pinnacle and PE displayed that videos correctly. Bug in PD10 ?

Please help me, I'm in the process of testing PD10 before buying it and I really need to mix 4/3 and 16/9 videos as well as SD and HD.

Thanks for your help
Quote: Thank you again for the the replies. Your English is great, no need to apologize.

The camcorder does come with a utility called Intelli-studio, but I have not yet found any feature to join files. I'll play with it again tonight.

I don't think that there is a specific function to merge file it's rather a capture function that allows to download files from the cam to your HDD on your PC. Then use PD8 to import the file(s) on your timeline from your HDD.

In fact 2 steps, first download on your HDD using intelli-studio, second open PD8 and use the downloaded files. In my mind it could be enough to solve your problem.

Hope this helps.
I'm aware of the same problem in France with a sony SR11 and AVCHD files. The user have 5 files of 2 gb on the HDD of the camcorder. When he tried to load the files on the timeline directly from the camcorder HDD, there was a jump between each of the 5 files. So he used the sofware provided with the sony cam, name Picture Motion Browser to download the files from the HDD cam to his computer HDD. The result was a file of 10 Gb without any jump. Then he put it on the timeline and all was fine.

I guess that Samsung and other manufacturers provide their own software to download files from the cam. That might be your solution.

Sorry, I'm not a native speaker.

Sincerely

Fred

For those who speak french here is the full append found on Pinnacle forum from Mike34

Enregistrer un spectacle avec une caméra à disque dur (exemple Sony SR11 en AVCHD) oblige le caméscope à fonctionner sans interruption pendant un temps très long.

Malheureusement, les caméscopes découpent l'enregistrement en fichiers de 2Go, ce qui représente 16mn en qualité max Full HD.
Le seul inconvénient pour celui qui ne le sait pas, c'est qu'en copiant directement les fichiers depuis le disque dur du caméscope sur un disque dur de PC afin de les exploiter directement dans un logiciel de montage (exemple avec Studio) , les raccords de ces fichiers de 2Go ne seront pas parfaits (très souvent des raccords avec des images parasitées et l'audio avec des coupures). La malchance veut toujours que ces raccords soient à des endroits que l'on ne veut pas couper.

Même si on ne l'utilise pas habituellement, c'est là que le petit logiciel de Sony « Picture Motion Browser » a toute son utilité.
En effet, si on importe un clip de ce genre avec ce logiciel PMB, il se retrouve sur le PC avec un fichier unique "complètement assemblé", ce qui signifie pour la suite, plus de problème avec les logiciels de montage.

J'ai fait un test hier en enregistrant l'écran de la TV avec mon caméscope pendant 1H20 et j'ai ainsi obtenu 5 fichiers sur le disque du caméscope, qui en les important sur le PC avec l'utilitaire de Sony me donne enfin un fichier unique de 10Go.
Je n'aime pas beaucoup la philosophie de PMB, mais dans ce cas son utilisation est indispensable.

Nota: Si on ne veut utiliser PMB qu'exceptionnellement, il faut apprendre à l'utiliser, pour n'importer que "ce" ou "ces" clips soigneusement sélectionnés et ne pas importer par inadvertance tous les clips déjà présents sur le caméscope.
Il faut donc:
1) sélectionner un dossier pour enregister (sur le PC)
2) lancer la commande "Importation de fichiers multimédias" et faire une sélection.
... mais surtout ne pas se lancer dans l'importation automatique de tout le disque en entier...

Etant resté avec les habitudes de Studio 12, j'ai voulu tester la nouvelle fonction « IMPORTATION » de Pinnacle Studio 14 .... (c’est Nul !!!!! pour ce cas particulier)

Studio ne fait pas mieux qu'un simple gestionnaire de fichiers, c'est une copie simple de tous les fichiers enregistrés sur le média du caméscope (disque ou carte mémoire) aucun regroupement comme le fait PMB de Sony. Ce n'est pas étonnant, car sur le media du caméscope il existe des fichiers de gestion des enregistrements exploités par PMB, mais pas du tout utilisés par Studio.

En plus (ou plutôt en moins car c'est encore un point "négatif"), la fonction IMPORTATION de Studio 14 a mis 15 minutes avant de pouvoir me donner la liste des fichiers du caméscope pour en faire une sélection (un comble !!!).... d'accord il y avait 790 fichiers déjà enregistrés sur mon disque dur ...
... mais avec mon gestionnaire de fichiers ou avec PMB c'est pratiquement immédiat, même avec l'affichage des vignettes pour PMB c'est hyper rapide.

Pour terminer, bravo à Sony, PMB est un programme sommaire fourni avec les caméscopes, mais qui fait bien un travail indispensable.

Quote: Jeff's information is correct. My information is/was incorrect.

My microphone is NOT a DM-50 at all. It's a DM-100. My apologies for the error & creating any confusion... particularly to Fred Le Crocky.

Jeff - I remember being a bit confused about it when I was looking into it (and apparently still so!). There were so many similar (Canon) camera models with so many similar names and specifications.

On another note, Fred... with the camera you're considering. The HF S10 was the predecessor to the HF S11. There's barely any difference between them, except the internal flash drive has been increased from 32GB to 64GB.

Still - it's not ALL bad... at least I remember being confused.

Cheers - Tony

No problem for me Tony. Now everything is clear.
Quote: Fred,

I have both the Canon DM-50 and the DM-100 and Tony's photo sure looks like my DM-100. I have never found a hot shoe adapter to allow the DM-50 to fit the Canon VIXIA models which require the DM-100.

It's rather confusing as both mics do fit VIXIA models, from my notes I had the following when I was seriously searching about 6 months ago.
I think the DM-50 was for VIXIA models, VIXIA HG10, VIXIA HV20, VIXIA HV30, VIXIA HV40.

While the DM-100 is for VIXIA models, VIXIA HF S10, VIXIA HF S100, VIXIA HF S11, VIXIA HF10, VIXIA HF100, VIXIA HF11, VIXIA HF20, VIXIA HF200, VIXIA HF21, VIXIA HG20, VIXIA HG21, VIXIA HG30.

Maybe that helps.

Jeff

Jeff,

That's exactly the information I was looking for. Many thanks.
The DM-100 in France is about 200€ (more or less 300 $). An adapter would have cost 20€ (30$). Not an excellent news, shame on Canon.
Quote: Fred,

Please add your details:

Have you seen this, please add your spec?
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8445.page
Please add your camera spec here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8727.page
Thanks
Dafydd
[Moderator]

Done. I'm not yet a PD8 editor (I use pinnacle studio) but plan to go to PD8 when I go to HD camcorder (Canon HF-S11 or Panasonic TM350 ?)
Thanks Dafydd.

I searched the web to find this little adapter but didn't find it. Looking at the photo of Tony's camcorder, the plug of his DM-50 is really different from mine.
Tony's DM 50 looks like the DM-100 sold in France. DM-100 plugs on Vixia HF-xxx. DM-50 plug is larger than the DM-100 one so doesn't fit Vixia series.

Tony would it be possible for you to check ?

Sincerely.
Hi there,

I'm Fred from France. Thanks for answering directly on the forum. I tried to update my profile with a name but could not succeed.

edit: well it works. Thank you all.

edit2: to be clear I already have a DM 50 and I plan to buy a Canon HF-s11. Unfortunateley the DM-50 cannot plug intp the HF-S11 so I'm interested only with the little interface that plug the DM50 to the camcorder. Where did you get it ?
Is there a place in this forum for such a conversation ? Otherwise excuse me.
Go to: