Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have been reading thru this forum, and I am amazed at how many people here are having the same or very similar problem as I am. It is hard to believe this is as expensive as it is when it seems to act like a beta version. I really hope Cyberlink reads thru these forums so that they know it is not an isolated incident.

I went ahead and purchased the arcsoft after I saw your post Samuel. It is also not without problems, but at least it will play my blu-ray titles!!!
It seems that a lot of people have had PowerDVD stop working or have some type of issue ever since the patch came out and Cyberlink is simply ignoring the problem. I have tried all their patches and reinstall instructions with no luck.
The patch broke mines also!
My Power DVD 7.3 Ultra will play about 7 to 10 seconds of audi and video and then lock up or freeze the image. It never makes it to the main menu. I have done the full uninstall and reinstalled plus the upgrade patch with the same results. I have email tech support and that has been useless.

Has anyone solved this issue yet?
My PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra does the same thing when playing my blu-ray's. It will play the first 7 to 10 seconds and then freeze never reaching the main menu. I have emailed Cyberlink, and that has been useless so far.
I use PowerDVD 7.3 ULTRA for HD-DVD as well as Blu-ray playback. The problem has been with my Bllu-ray playback. Several titles will not reach the main menu of the disc. It will play the first 10 seconds of audio and video and then lock up. The program does prompt me for a patch when I launch it, so I went ahead and did the latest update. This made things worst. After the update the number of blu-ray titles it is unable to play increased!

Since then I did a full uninstall and reinstalled from the orininal disc. This now lets me play more blu-ray titles, but there are still a lot of titles it locks up on. Just last night I was trying to play "Star Trek The Original Season 1" on blu-ray, and all of those blu-ray disc will only play about the first 10 seconds and then lock up never reaching the main menu.

My audio and video cards have been checked for all of the current drivers, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled PowerDVD 7.3 ULTRA and tried it with the patches and without with the same results.
Go to: