Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra 7.3 Crashes on new update
Brad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2009 20:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hopefully someone can help. I recently built my HTPC, with the configuration below. It passes the BD Advisor, Vista Check, which of course are programs by cyberlink. All my drivers are updated i.e. Ati, Audio, and Vista SP2 & updates. Until the most recent update 3105, blue ray playback was great. When the new update came out, it crashes everytime I try to load a disc. No error code, just "windows has detected this program has stopped running properly". If anyone has run into this and found a solution please let me know. Cyberlink support was only able give me a new copy of PDVD 7.3 and a new key. Thanks,

ASUS MTA78-T
AM2+ Quad Core
4670 HD 1 gig memory
Vista 64 bit home premium
LG Combo Blu Ray drive
4 GB RAM
Samuel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 23:38 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Its an old update the new update is 5105 I believe.
JEREMIAH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2009 17:17 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
If you are planning on using PowerDVD for Blu-Ray playback I would strongly suggest not using version 7.3. I know because I JUST went through a 3 day issue with that version trying to get it to work for my Blu-Rays...it's a dead end. DVD playback is good but Blurays are not so well because of audio issues, freezing problems and install headaches.

See my thread on version 9 and how I did it...it works!
Andrew [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2008 22:33 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
May not work but sometimes your best to just dump whole program and to reinstall fresh. should update to most current version during install.
scott [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2009 13:00 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I can't believe this is the bundled software for Pioneer BDrom drives, it is so buggy and bloated. I have tried watching 2 Blu Ray movies (The notebook and the watchmen) and every 15 minutes or so I'm dumped back to the desk top and have to go through the whole start up crap again.

I'm not prepared to pay more for working software, so what's the way of updating the software so it works?

Thanks.
[Post New]
I'v had the same kind of problems. I'v reinstalled my computer / uninstalled few other software that I thought could cause problems - everything worked OK after that, even after the newest upgrade. MB: ASUS P5E Deluxe
CPU: E8500
GPU: 280GTX OCX
RAM: 4 GB DDR2
DVD: LG GGC-H20L DVD/HD-DVD/BD drive
PROJECTOR: Hitachi PJ-TX 300 (720p)
SCREEN: 101" HomeScreen Deluxe
HDD: 4 x WDC 500 GB RAID 10 (0+1)
Oswald [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2009 12:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
My Power DVD 7.3 Ultra will play about 7 to 10 seconds of audi and video and then lock up or freeze the image. It never makes it to the main menu. I have done the full uninstall and reinstalled plus the upgrade patch with the same results. I have email tech support and that has been useless.

Has anyone solved this issue yet?