Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra & Playback lock ups.
Oswald [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2009 12:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I use PowerDVD 7.3 ULTRA for HD-DVD as well as Blu-ray playback. The problem has been with my Bllu-ray playback. Several titles will not reach the main menu of the disc. It will play the first 10 seconds of audio and video and then lock up. The program does prompt me for a patch when I launch it, so I went ahead and did the latest update. This made things worst. After the update the number of blu-ray titles it is unable to play increased!

Since then I did a full uninstall and reinstalled from the orininal disc. This now lets me play more blu-ray titles, but there are still a lot of titles it locks up on. Just last night I was trying to play "Star Trek The Original Season 1" on blu-ray, and all of those blu-ray disc will only play about the first 10 seconds and then lock up never reaching the main menu.

My audio and video cards have been checked for all of the current drivers, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled PowerDVD 7.3 ULTRA and tried it with the patches and without with the same results.
Samuel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 20, 2008 23:38 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I am having this problem to now. I just downloaded the update to and it will not even play the movie as soon as I hit play it locks up. Everything is up to date driver wise, I never had this many problems playing movies. I had enough with this software all it does is give problems to people while they take our hard earn money and make this program much more crappy. I am done with this company I am going to arcsoft at least their products work and kept up to date often. Great job crappylink you lost another customer pretty soon you will be out of business and once I hear the news you are I will have a beer and laugh while you people have to look for new jobs.
Oswald [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2009 12:26 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I have been reading thru this forum, and I am amazed at how many people here are having the same or very similar problem as I am. It is hard to believe this is as expensive as it is when it seems to act like a beta version. I really hope Cyberlink reads thru these forums so that they know it is not an isolated incident.

I went ahead and purchased the arcsoft after I saw your post Samuel. It is also not without problems, but at least it will play my blu-ray titles!!!
Keith [Avatar]
Newbie Location: UK Joined: Dec 27, 2008 10:09 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I had this problem and solved it by ensuring I had disabled all digital audio interfaces in Windows "Sound" control panel. I only noticed it because PowerDVD failed just after updating soundcard drivers (X-Fi Audio), which had re-enabled these interfaces. Not really convinced that it should solve the problem, but it was 100% repeatable when the digital interface was enabled and 100% unrepeatable when disabled. Worth a try if you have a card with digital interfaces and don't use them...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2009 15:16

Regards,
Keith

As of October 2009: PDVD 7.3.5711 Ultra; LG GGC-H20L BD-HD combo; NVidia 9600GT; Samsung SM2333SW; Windows 7 Home Prem 64