Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm also having this issue and hope that "upgrading" wasn't a mistake. I haven't video edited in a while and decided to upgrade to what I thought would be the best with a very capable machine: Intel i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32 GB Ram, 64-bit Windows 10 Pro and nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics card, 500 GB SSD (where I have all my data and my project saved to via a working folder, I'll move everything to a data drive once rendered). I have had the entire computer crash twice while doing a basic video editing session. Both times, it seems to be related to transitions. Anyone have any idea. I'm going to be at a standstill if this keeps up.
The "auto-responses" are a slap in the face and a joke. The moral of the story is to do what the one person said, "if it's not broke, don't fix it". I have had NOTHING but issues with PD up until I installed it (and upgraded to 12 from 9 I think it was) on a pretty robust computer that I built myself. I was pleasantly surprised in the lack of issues. What in the name of GOD made me install the update is beyond me. I'm attempting to revert back and hope to return to the lack of issues that I was enjoying. For those of you even THINKING about updating - I would definitely not. I noticed NO benefit to updating, only the complete loss of what I was hoping would be a productive video editing session.
I agree with previous poster and I'm really kicking myself for upgrading. Cyberlink - are you going to respond or just keep pissing off your customers? I really don't have time to mess with this (reinstallation or WTF ever) and I'm not happy. Are you going to respond ? Worked PERFECTLY before "upgrade". Can't even work on a 15 minute long project after it because it takes 20 minutes just to have it load and then 2 - 3 minutes before any "major" change.
More information to those of you that have issues with this problem (which I know there has to be many). There is OBVIOUSLY a KNOWN issue with this (hence the reason for the multitude of threads and what end up being Band Aid fixes). I guess that is what happens with software that has FAIL support... We find ways around it. I wish someone would send a link to CL about customer satisfaction and marketing, because I'm skating a very thin line of taking time to go out of my way to make people not buy this product... All because of a couple SIMPLE fixes that have made my life hell...

Anyhow...

To the rest of you that have had this happen, there is no need to go and adjust the audio forward or backward once you split it, as Tony has suggested (I thought that I would need to "re-sync" it). All you have to do is to split it.

Luckily, my current project doesn't have a whole lot of video where the subjects are in the frame while talking, so it ends up being somewhat minimal.

I really wish someone could post the real fix for this. The part that makes no sense to me is that it was absolutely fine until I went over 40 minutes... "Just make your project 40 minutes or less" may be the logical "answer"... However, I wish to keep my projects intact and complete and have done it before. Something that has been done to the software since my project (about a year ago) has caused this to fail.

Anyhow, rant over...

tl;dr: Split audio from video during lip sync issues - move on with life - tell everyone you know that Cyberlink has ZERO customer support
Tony... Sorry about the name thing. I didn't mean to come across as rude and see now that I probably did. I know it isn't your fault, I guess I'm just upset that CL doesn't fix problems... Why wouldn't they want their product, which is SO close to being perfect just WORK ???

My problem is that I didn't realize the problem until after I have literally spent HOURS making my movie. I sure hope that I can go back and find out where the problem first showed up so I can try to use that as a break. In other words, I have about 45 minutes of total movie (so far, it will likely end up being 1 1/2 hours by the time it is done) and I decided to produce a project after about 15 minutes of video and all is well there. Now the lip sync issue shows up even if I split that first 15 minutes out of the project.

Thanks for your help. If anyone else has any advice or knows a fix to this problem, I'd sure appreciate it.
Lee, I don't understand your reply... You say to split the audio (which I've done before, but I consider this a Band Aid approach to put it mildly) but then you say "Don't move it". Explain please ?

Also, it's not like I need to pick out an offending clip, they are ALL offending... the entire project is out of whack with probably 100 clips and transitions... I tried "producing" the project and it is still there. I read somewhere else that disabling SVRT helps... However, my issue shows up in both preview and after producing.

It almost seems like to me that there is a certain transition that is what causes the problem. Anyone have any idea if I'm onto something here? If so, which transition (I use them all randomly to mix things up).
I am bumping this because I am also experiencing this problem. Was this ever resolved? I get so frustrated with these couple minor problems. I continue to experience delays in preview after each transition even after limiting my computer to 2 cores (I have an i7). This is what I sent to another member that at least sort of solved my preview delay issue:

2 cores on an i7920 and the following DISABLED...

Under general: Enable file processing to speed up.......etc.

Under editing: Both items unchecked under GPU acceleration

What gives with the lip sync issue? I really need to get this figured out ASAP.
Since I'm apparently not going to receive any help from anyone on the forum or Cyberlink support, I have decided to try to help the many others that I am sure have done what I have and "learned to live with" this shortcoming...

The last project that I did, I just suffered through the 9 or 10 second delay EVERY SINGLE TIME I decided to preview through a transition...

What I have found to work is as follows, YMMV...

- Set your core # to 2 cores. This is done under msconfig->boot->Advanced Options->Number of processors. 2 is the only number that I could get to work and I left it at this setting even during "production" and burning

- Next, go into PD8 and go to edit preferences. Under General, you want to "uncheck 'Enbable file processing to speed up high definition video editing"
- Uncheck the following under "Editing" - Both items under "GPU acceleration"
- I also left "Auto-save project" unchecked - not sure if this was needed or not...

Anyhow, if you experienced this OBVIOUSLY known issue and have had nothing but "run around" and no resolution... Give what I have listed up above a try.

It worked for me !
I have build 3022 and am still experiencing the issue.
Bumping this because I have been dealing with this issue for a LONG time and want to finally try to figure it out. I've found enough people complaining about the EXACT same issue that I'm experiencing to know that it HAS to be a known problem. During preview playback, it hangs up during transitions for 9 or 10 seconds at EVERY transition.

Please advise what needs to be done to rectify this.
I continue to have issues and support has sent me a response but none of the suggestions that they have sent have done anything.

I tried burning a project directly onto a disc. I got the following error: Burning unsuccessful E0140023. This was 5% into the project and AVCHD 1920 X 1080 and another ruined disc. They don't make RW DL discs to my knowledge, so until I'm able to write to my hard-drive I will stop trying.

Speaking of which, I tried to "burn to hard drive" and it keeps hanging the program at 66 or 68% and it just freezes up. I KNOW I can't be the only one having this issue.

I also tried producing a shorter version of my project (cut in half for a total length of 1 hour). About 20% into it, I received the following error: Media source error. CyberLink PowerDirector could not construct the media source as a graph. This may be due to a lack of decoding filters for the file you are trying to edit.

I tried producing an H.264 at 1920 X 1080.

I'm almost at my wits end... Is there a patch in the works? I thought I really liked this program, but if all that time was wasted with a smooth editing experience to not be able to burn to disc (or even hard drive).......what is the point?!
Ok, thanks again and I will definitely take your advice into consideration but I wanted to share my next step.

I was successful in producing a production to my hard drive utilizing 2 cores of my CPU via the boot ini as recommended elsewhere. It took almost 3 hours, but at least I have it now! It is a m2ts file...

Anyhow, then I brought it into PD and inserted a menu and several chapters and attempted burning onto a disc.

The following are my notes. I'm now out of DL discs. These things aren't cheap and I'm pretty upset that I've blown through three of them already.

Anyhow:

Successfully Produced image to hard drive. Installed chapters. Started burning. 21% got error:

Burning unsuccessful. Description: (1) Burning not complete.

DVD partially burned (ruined)

Final output: Burn to disc - Number of copies 1

Recording speed: 8X

Include buffer under-run protection checked

AVCHD

SD 720X480
Dolby Digital
2 channels
8.5 GB
Total file size 7414 MB / 8500 MB

I did look at Dafydd's tutorial and although it kind of explained the process, it is not helping me.

ImgBurn doesn't have an option for chosing an m2ts file (unless I'm missing something). I will check out Power2Go.

As usual, any help is REALLY appreciated. I am at least optimistic now after spending almost two days solid on this.

Thanks guys...
Hi guys, thank you for your responses, much appreciated.

To share a little more information, I HAVE successfully produced a couple files before I completely finished my project, but have been unsuccessful since I completely finished it. My entire project is 2 hours, 17 minutes including a 17 minute slideshow at the end.

The only successful productions I have been able to produce are H.264 (I believe 720).

I've tried four different times today to create a successful production of the finished product but it keeps freezing up (the program doesn't crash, but it just doesn't respond) at 1:34:15:24 into the project. At this partilcular point, I bring a still image across the video, which isn't a big deal, so I've deleted it and read somewhere that changing a quad core machine to 2 processors helps. That is what I'm doing right now. I'm WELL over 2 hours into the project though with almost another hour to go. This is unacceptable !

However, even if I am successful creating a H.264 project, I don't know what I can use to "burn" this. Suggestions? Does CL Power2Go burn these type of files ?

I have tried on two occasions to burn directly to disc but was not successful with either. I can tell that each of the discs have been partially burned and I apologize but I don't have the error messages.

Each time I try to render a MPEG-2 project, I get a "Out of System Memory" error.

I have an Intel i7, 2.6 GHZ with 6 gig of ram and a ATI Radeon 4870X2.

I'd be happy to burn directly to disc, but so far this has not proved successful.

Does this additional information help? I'm sorry I'm so long winded, but I don't want to leave anything out and this is EXTREMELY important to me.

Thanks !
Hi everyone, new to the forums. I've spent a great deal of time working on a project (literally 60 + hours).

I'm now done editing and would like to take it to the next step (burning onto a DVD).

If I'm not mistaken, my first step is to "produce". I've tried various things with limited to no success so have decided to start from scratch.

The first question that needs answered is as follows:

- Which format should I "produce" my production in?
- I have used two separate cameras and two different "kinds" of video throughout the production
- The first is from a JVC Everio. As many of you are probably aware, JVC encodes into MOD format. I have converted all of these files to MPG so they display properly (16:9, etc.)
- The second is from a Canon Rebel Ti1. This camera renders in MOV format.

I'm not overly concerned with being able to burn an HD DVD, but I would obviously like the video to be as good a quality as possible. My production is about 2 hours and 20 minutes long. It is under 8.5 GIG. My intention is to fit it onto one DL disc.

Any input is appreciated and also any known issues or things to look out for.

I HAVE successfully produced but have been unable to be successful in burning to disc or to file. I'm hoping that I'm missing something. Help ?!!
Go to: