Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio ahead of Video but only after 40 minutes
Aeropars [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2010 15:33 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Hello again guys!

I've come across an odd problem

Audio is in sync right until i get to 40 minutes then it goes off so that audio is slightly ahead and there is then obvious lip sync issues.

Whats odd is that If i select the clip from the inventory it plays fine. If i select the clip from the timeline is is then out of sync (when using preview clip and movie options)

Im using AVCHD footage

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Regards

Lee
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Lee -

Just a question... in the timeline, have you applied any effects, splits, trims etc? or is the clip just as it is in the media library?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Aeropars [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hiya!

As you can imagine I have a multitude of transitions, text and sounds all through the timeline. None are effected until after 40 minutes. I moved the clip which it is most obvious on, all around the timeline and its the same on all times over 40 minutes. Its only when below does it actually correct itself.

I havent done this yet but im going to add a load of clips with a default transition and see what happens .

Any ideas?

So frustrating knowing im so close to perfection!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Lee -

If you post a screen shot of the section of the project (on the timeline) that's causing the problem, we may be able to get some clues.

It sounds like there may be some pre-production necessary. There are ways around the out-of-sync issue.

Close to perfection!!! Tell us how you did that!!!

Cheers - Tony
Aeropars [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI Tony,

I'll post a screenshot when im at the computer.

How could pre-production help? I did render this clip to a HD mpeg and the problem was still aparent. Or are you talking convertin all AVCHD to another format?
cay1998 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 27, 2009 09:05 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I am bumping this because I am also experiencing this problem. Was this ever resolved? I get so frustrated with these couple minor problems. I continue to experience delays in preview after each transition even after limiting my computer to 2 cores (I have an i7). This is what I sent to another member that at least sort of solved my preview delay issue:

2 cores on an i7920 and the following DISABLED...

Under general: Enable file processing to speed up.......etc.

Under editing: Both items unchecked under GPU acceleration

What gives with the lip sync issue? I really need to get this figured out ASAP.
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Lee & Chad -

I don't know whether you are both having the same problem for the same reason, but I can offer a suggestion for what might resolve it for you. These things have worked for me & others at different times.

1. Locate the offending clip (with the sync issue) - right click & split the audio from it - this places the audio in the voice/music track. Don't move it.
If you have other media in those tracks, you'll have to first add another audio track.

2. Pre-production: no - I didn't mean converting any of the clips, Lee - sometimes, by producing sections of a larger project in smaller sections, sync issues can be overcome. Produce section - & re-combine into project.

Cheers - Tony
cay1998 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Lee, I don't understand your reply... You say to split the audio (which I've done before, but I consider this a Band Aid approach to put it mildly) but then you say "Don't move it". Explain please ?

Also, it's not like I need to pick out an offending clip, they are ALL offending... the entire project is out of whack with probably 100 clips and transitions... I tried "producing" the project and it is still there. I read somewhere else that disabling SVRT helps... However, my issue shows up in both preview and after producing.

It almost seems like to me that there is a certain transition that is what causes the problem. Anyone have any idea if I'm onto something here? If so, which transition (I use them all randomly to mix things up).
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Chad - I'm Tony - but that's OK.

Whether you regard that as a band aid approach or not, I was simply offering a fix that has worked for me in the past. I didn't expect you'd object to that. Oh well - different strokes.

You're right. It's probably related to the transitions, somehow. I'm not kidding to you that I understand it. I've had it happen to me when I've only used fade transitions in a longer project (1 hour+).

You're also right. Producing the project when it's out of sync will not make it right again! My suggestion was to produce small sections (that are in sync) & combine them.

Try this:

Copy the first few clips & transitions (just as they are) & paste them into a new project. Are they still out of sync?
Try copying and pasting a slightly longer section...

Cheers - Tony
cay1998 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tony... Sorry about the name thing. I didn't mean to come across as rude and see now that I probably did. I know it isn't your fault, I guess I'm just upset that CL doesn't fix problems... Why wouldn't they want their product, which is SO close to being perfect just WORK ???

My problem is that I didn't realize the problem until after I have literally spent HOURS making my movie. I sure hope that I can go back and find out where the problem first showed up so I can try to use that as a break. In other words, I have about 45 minutes of total movie (so far, it will likely end up being 1 1/2 hours by the time it is done) and I decided to produce a project after about 15 minutes of video and all is well there. Now the lip sync issue shows up even if I split that first 15 minutes out of the project.

Thanks for your help. If anyone else has any advice or knows a fix to this problem, I'd sure appreciate it.
cay1998 [Avatar]
[Post New]
More information to those of you that have issues with this problem (which I know there has to be many). There is OBVIOUSLY a KNOWN issue with this (hence the reason for the multitude of threads and what end up being Band Aid fixes). I guess that is what happens with software that has FAIL support... We find ways around it. I wish someone would send a link to CL about customer satisfaction and marketing, because I'm skating a very thin line of taking time to go out of my way to make people not buy this product... All because of a couple SIMPLE fixes that have made my life hell...

Anyhow...

To the rest of you that have had this happen, there is no need to go and adjust the audio forward or backward once you split it, as Tony has suggested (I thought that I would need to "re-sync" it). All you have to do is to split it.

Luckily, my current project doesn't have a whole lot of video where the subjects are in the frame while talking, so it ends up being somewhat minimal.

I really wish someone could post the real fix for this. The part that makes no sense to me is that it was absolutely fine until I went over 40 minutes... "Just make your project 40 minutes or less" may be the logical "answer"... However, I wish to keep my projects intact and complete and have done it before. Something that has been done to the software since my project (about a year ago) has caused this to fail.

Anyhow, rant over...

tl;dr: Split audio from video during lip sync issues - move on with life - tell everyone you know that Cyberlink has ZERO customer support