Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am having the same issue. I'm using a Fujitsu LifeBook laptop with:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
AMD Turion 64X x 2 Mobile Technology TL-62 2.10 Ghz
3 Gb DDR2-667Mhz SDRAM dual_channel memory module
ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Graphics Card w/256 MB memeory
Built-in flat-panel TFT active matrix LCD display
250 Gb Fujitsu ATA HD
PD 7 Ultra v 7.0.2519 (just purchase a few weeks ago)

Even when I burn the slideshow to DVD, the jerky and choppy slideshow is totally unacceptable.

My project has 61 pictures, one song, fades between each picture and pan and zoom on each picture.

I have used PD 6 on this same laptop with much bigger slideshows and no problems detected. I have been pretty disappointed so far with PD 7. I'm also not happy with the fact that you can no longer add transitions in storyboard mode also, but my biggest complaint is the choppy previews and final render. If this can't be resolved, I will have to go back to PD 6.
Hall,

Thanks for your response. Yes, that's typical Tech Support response. It keeps them from having to troubleshoot the real problem and keeps the user busy doing things that don't fix the problem. In the end, they are hoping the user with get discouraged and quit contacting them.

I've been in the IS business for over 40 years....everything from program development to desktop support so I'm very familiar with this tactic.

I have pretty much decided that I'm going to just keep using PD 4.0. Too bad, up to this point, I really liked PD and had hoped to take advantage of the new features in version 6.

It does sour me some on CyberLink in general and specifically PD. Too bad CyberLink doesn't have a better Tech Support group.

Leroy

Dafydd,

Sure, I can accept that. I think it stinks, but hey Microsoft has been doing that for years.

What about the crashing when I try to create a new project? You didn't say anything about that.

Leroy
Dayfdd,

I saw your instructions. Perhaps I was not specific enough in my description of my problem.

Using my newly installed PD 6 software, I attempted to open an existing slideshow....not a video. I rarely do video editing, but I do lots of slideshows from digital photos.

Anyway, I had an existing slideshow that I had been working on in PD 4. I attempted to open it in PD 6. The photos began loading into the library, but as the timeline began to load, PD crashed. I tried loading the project several times, with the same result at the same place.

I then launched PD and attempted to create a new project. I imported photos. No problem. I then tried to add panning to all the photos. The process ran for a while and then crashed.

At this point, I completely uninstalled PD 6 per your posted instructions, including removing the reg keys. I reinstalled PD 6 and repeated the steps above. First the existing project, then tried to create a new one. Same result as before PD 6 crashes.

I have since completely uninstalled PD 6 and installed PD 4. PD 4 works perfectly with my existing project that crashed PD 6 and I also created a new project and burned a DVD. PD 4 works perfectly. I have been using PD since version 3.0 and have never had any problems whatsoever with version 3.0 or 4.0. I have produced over 100 DVD slideshows and a few videos with both of these versions.

CyberLink has suggested a long list of steps to try. They suggest:

1. Empty the contents of c:\windows and c:\temp and the recycle bin.
I believe this is a bogus suggestion, unless PD6 works different than PD4.

2. Defrag the harddrive.
Another bogus suggestion, unless PD6 works different than PD4.

3. Reset display settings to 1024 x 768, color depth to 16bit and refresh rate to 60hz.

4. Increase virtual memory.

5. Make sure harddrive where PD 6 is installed has enough space.
Bogus again. How about - 300 Gb free space. is that enough?

6. Uninstall PD 6 and reinstall it and try again.
As I mentioned, I have already done that and it still doesn't work.

Let me add that I am not an amateur when it comes to PCs. I have been a programmer, instructor and am currently an applications engineer with a large law firm. I develope, and support firm software and support over 2000 windows xp desktops in the firm.

I will probably be asking CyberLink to refund my money, because I don't believe PD 6 is going to work for me.

Thanks for your suggestions, but none of what you asked me to do is related to my problem.

Leroy
Dafydd,

I recently upgraded from PD4 to PD 6. I am quite disappointed with PD 6 beause it crashes every time I try to use it. I have tried opening and existing project and also creating a new project. In both cases PD 6 crashes.

I have completely uninstalled PD 6 per your instructions, including removing the reg keys, and re-installled it twice. It still crashes.

I finally uninstalled it and re-installed PD 4, which works just fine. I was able to open existing projects and I also created a new project and rendered it to DVD. Worked perfectly.

CyberLink has provided me with a new download of PD 6 Deluxe, but I am sceptical that it will work.

I am running Windows XP Home on a Sony Vaio with a 2.66 Ghz processor and 512 Mb of memory and lots of HD space. I've been using PD 4 for several years and have never had any problems with it. I only upgraded to PD 6 because it looked like it had some nice new features. My mistake.

Leroy
No. I'm running XP Home.

I also found that it crashes when I try to create a new project.

I completely uninstalled PD 6, including removing the reg keys, and reinstalled it. Same result.

I have since uninstalled PD 6 from my PC and reinstalled PD4. It works just like it did before. I even created a new project and burned a DVD this past weekend without any problems.
Peggy B,

I have just upgraded from PD 4.0 to 6.0 and I too ame getting the same error. I used PD 3.0 initially and have been using PD 4.0 with great success for the past several years. I have not encountered any problems with either of these 2 versions.

I have submitted a trouble ticket to CyberLink support, but hve not received a reply. Have you contacted sypport about this issue?

If I don't get a resolution for this problem, I will uninstall it and go back to version 4.0. Then all I have to do is get my money back for the upgrade.

I noticed that it's been several months since you posted this and I didn't see any replys. Good luck with your issue.

Leroy L.
Go to: