Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD Error window and subsequent crash
Peggy B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2007 22:55 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have spent hours on a slideshow. After I created it, I selected the last four photoclips & made a scrapbook slideshow out just the four clips. The rest of the slideshow is in the "normal". After that, anything I tried to do resulted in a Error window and crash. How can I save my hours of work? I downloaded PD6 as an upgrade to PD5, and this is my first project.
"Power director has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"
Leroy L [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2006 11:12 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Peggy B,

I have just upgraded from PD 4.0 to 6.0 and I too ame getting the same error. I used PD 3.0 initially and have been using PD 4.0 with great success for the past several years. I have not encountered any problems with either of these 2 versions.

I have submitted a trouble ticket to CyberLink support, but hve not received a reply. Have you contacted sypport about this issue?

If I don't get a resolution for this problem, I will uninstall it and go back to version 4.0. Then all I have to do is get my money back for the upgrade.

I noticed that it's been several months since you posted this and I didn't see any replys. Good luck with your issue.

Leroy L.
Zach [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 19, 2007 11:41 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Are you two using Windows VISTA by any chance? Thanks in advance for your answer
Leroy L [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2006 11:12 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
No. I'm running XP Home.

I also found that it crashes when I try to create a new project.

I completely uninstalled PD 6, including removing the reg keys, and reinstalled it. Same result.

I have since uninstalled PD 6 from my PC and reinstalled PD4. It works just like it did before. I even created a new project and burned a DVD this past weekend without any problems.