Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Pan stop before transition
Greg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2008 23:19 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm hoping someone can help me find a way to set things up to prevent the following annoyance.

I have a series of pictures, each with a pan of some sort (left to right, etc.) and just prior to the transition the movement across the pictures stops and then the transition occurs. It is annoying as I would like the transistion to occur while the pan hasn't stopped (as it creates a jerky viewing experience). I've tried extending the duration of the slides and that doesn't appear to help.

Any ideas?
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Greg,

Here's a link (containing other links), with information that may help you sort out your problem.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/5666.page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 15. 2009 19:03

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Add about 50/60 frames (2 seconds) at the end where no pan effect is present and then add the transition. PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Leroy L [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2006 11:12 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue. I'm using a Fujitsu LifeBook laptop with:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1
AMD Turion 64X x 2 Mobile Technology TL-62 2.10 Ghz
3 Gb DDR2-667Mhz SDRAM dual_channel memory module
ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Graphics Card w/256 MB memeory
Built-in flat-panel TFT active matrix LCD display
250 Gb Fujitsu ATA HD
PD 7 Ultra v 7.0.2519 (just purchase a few weeks ago)

Even when I burn the slideshow to DVD, the jerky and choppy slideshow is totally unacceptable.

My project has 61 pictures, one song, fades between each picture and pan and zoom on each picture.

I have used PD 6 on this same laptop with much bigger slideshows and no problems detected. I have been pretty disappointed so far with PD 7. I'm also not happy with the fact that you can no longer add transitions in storyboard mode also, but my biggest complaint is the choppy previews and final render. If this can't be resolved, I will have to go back to PD 6.