Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hi,

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119472.page#post_box_450041

I think we must wait untill the next update to see for certain.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

That sounds easy, aside from the fact that the program is completely useless to me until that maybe happens. So, just don't work on any video projects until some unspecified amount of time goes by, at which point the issue may or may not be resolved?

No thank you.

It seems that most of the issues people are bringing up are about this change. I do hope they listen.
Quote So i, like MANY people do video editing off an external device.

This software will REMOVE ALL MEDIA AND ERASE YOUR TIMELINE if the media is disconnected, even for a microsecond.

Absolutley absurd. Infuriating.

Why is this a default setting? why not just WARN THE USER that they will have non working media

Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea

Agreed. The first time it happened to me, I thought I had done something wrong. The next time I was meticulous with every step, (and I didn't invest as much time into the project...) and it still happened. I did not occur to me until then that it was just the way it was made. It doesn't make sense.

I don't mind having a project on my computer while I'm working on it. A heads-up would have been useful, though, so I didn't lose all the time spent working on the project.

Not a fan of this "feature".
Quote Celect the clip on the timeline, then click Edit and choose Opacity/Fade/Blend

No thank you.

My projects are live music performances, and involve 4-5 separate camera tracks that need to remain synced with each other and a separate audio track. In a 7 minute video I zip around from track to track raising and lowering the opacity hundreds of times to go with the audio.

The loss of the opacity control lines in the timeline renders this program completely useless to me.

So, no. If you have a few little occasional changes, this method is fine. It is not fine for my work.

Did the hotfix restore the ability to click a clip, and the playhead move... did it restore the opacity lines in the timeline, the audio controls in the audio mixer, or the apply all option for clips? Nope... they did not... going to cancel my subscription...

Opacity lines in the timeline!! OMG - this version us useless to me without those for the kind of projects I do.

I've been using the program for a year, and have loved it. I do music videos with 4 or 5 cameras. I sync each clip up with the audio on separate tracks and then I adjust opacity to have each camera view come and go. Last night was the first project I started since the opacity lines were lost. I couldn't believe that they were gone.

Ugh. I may have to find another program if they can't let us get the old one back. (Or just put the opacity lines back in the timeline where they belong. I don't know what other changes there are. I can't even work on it enough any more to find out.) Very disappointed.
Go to: