Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ABSURD that it auto removes media and your timeline if media disconnects
Mephod99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2023 02:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
So i, like MANY people do video editing off an external device.

This software will REMOVE ALL MEDIA AND ERASE YOUR TIMELINE if the media is disconnected, even for a microsecond.

Absolutley absurd. Infuriating.

Why is this a default setting? why not just WARN THE USER that they will have non working media

Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea
Robinksi2023 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2023 21:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So i, like MANY people do video editing off an external device.

This software will REMOVE ALL MEDIA AND ERASE YOUR TIMELINE if the media is disconnected, even for a microsecond.

Absolutley absurd. Infuriating.

Why is this a default setting? why not just WARN THE USER that they will have non working media

Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea

Agreed. The first time it happened to me, I thought I had done something wrong. The next time I was meticulous with every step, (and I didn't invest as much time into the project...) and it still happened. I did not occur to me until then that it was just the way it was made. It doesn't make sense.

I don't mind having a project on my computer while I'm working on it. A heads-up would have been useful, though, so I didn't lose all the time spent working on the project.

Not a fan of this "feature".
Mephod99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2023 02:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Agreed. The first time it happened to me, I thought I had done something wrong. The next time I was meticulous with every step, (and I didn't invest as much time into the project...) and it still happened. I did not occur to me until then that it was just the way it was made. It doesn't make sense.

I don't mind having a project on my computer while I'm working on it. A heads-up would have been useful, though, so I didn't lose all the time spent working on the project.

Not a fan of this "feature".

Yep Happened again today for a microsecond. Thats all it takes for PowerDirector to ERASE all progress, forrcing you to go back 15 minutes to a previous save. absolutely ABSURD

This alone is enough for me to abandon this software forever once my period expires. Its absolutely debilitating

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2023 17:14