Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
version 2024 and opacity and apply to all
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
With the introduction of 2024, some of the changes to the UI and the look and feel of PD 2024 make sense, but in many cases they considerably slow down the speed of editing. It shows that CL gives priority to the occasional user and tends to forget the more experienced editors. I would recon that with some changes, PD can serve both type of users. To give one example (more can follow).
Its appears that we have to do without the opacity line in the video in the timeline, which enabled a fast and very precise way of setting the opacity of do a fading. We now have to go to the edit menu a select an entry from the list. I think for the next update of 2024 we would like to have the opacity line back in the timeline, please.
Furthermore when selecting more clips in the timeline, a number of editing options disappears from the edit menu, including the opacity. The only way the apply e.g. the same opacity to a selection of clips is via the copy and paste keyframe attributes.
It would be good to have at least a number of the edit options back (position, opacity, border, crop to mention a few) when selecting multiple clips in the next update please.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2023 07:47

Willem330 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 18, 2022 15:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With the introduction of 2024, some of the changes to the UI and the look and feel of PD 2024 make sense, but in many cases they considerably slow down the speed of editing. It shows that CL gives priority to the occasional user and tends to forget the more experienced editors. I would recon that with some changes, PD can serve both type of users. To give one example (more can follow).
Its appears that we have to do without the opacity line in the video in the timeline, which enabled a fast and very precise way of setting the opacity of do a fading. We now have to go to the edit menu a select an entry from the list. I think for the next update of 2024 we would like to have the opacity line back in the timeline, please.
Furthermore when selecting more clips in the timeline, a number of editing options disappears from the edit menu, including the opacity. The only way the apply e.g. the same opacity to a selection of clips is via the copy and paste keyframe attributes.
It would be good to have at least a number of the edit options back (position, opacity, border, crop to mention a few) when selecting multiple clips in the next update please.

So, it is really true that the opacity editing has been removed from the timeline? That does not make sense to me at all. The opacity for video is like the volume for audio. Imagine an audio mixer with volume controls hidden deep down in a menu. That is simply unthinkable.

For me personally, I create music video clips and precise and easy opacity control on multiple tracks from the timeline is absolutely essential. I'm stuck now with projects I'm currently working on. I tried editing with the keyframe editor but it is almost impossible to get it right.

So, I totally agree: please have the opacity line back as soon as possible.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 23. 2023 03:31

J15Eleven [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2022 11:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, I have reached out about the opacity adjustment being on the video clip on the timeline as well. This is not good. I used it all the time for fast edting, they need to bring it back or they are goign to lose customers! Has anyone heard from them about this feature coming back??

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 29. 2023 14:09

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes, I have reached out about the opacity adjustment being on the video clip on the timeline as well. This is not good. I used it all the time for fast edting, they need to bring it back or they are goign to lose customers! Has anyone heard from them about this feature coming back??

Hi,

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119472.page#post_box_450041

I think we must wait untill the next update to see for certain.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
But one setback: I always wished there was the possibility of applying transition, etc. to a group of videos or photos selected in the video track.
At least we could apply it to the entire track, now it has to be done one by one, imagine a video with more than 100 photos, it will take me hours to do the same thing I did in a few minutes, I just did this and had to leave still images . XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
But one setback: I always wished there was the possibility of applying transition, etc. to a group of videos or photos selected in the video track.
At least we could apply it to the entire track, now it has to be done one by one, imagine a video with more than 100 photos, it will take me hours to do the same thing I did in a few minutes, I just did this and had to leave still images. Regarding the Pam/Zoom movement XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
Robinksi2023 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2023 21:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119472.page#post_box_450041

I think we must wait untill the next update to see for certain.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

That sounds easy, aside from the fact that the program is completely useless to me until that maybe happens. So, just don't work on any video projects until some unspecified amount of time goes by, at which point the issue may or may not be resolved?

No thank you.

It seems that most of the issues people are bringing up are about this change. I do hope they listen.
simplematt06 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2022 09:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
With updates should come more functionality, not less.

It seems that in this update there is a lot of addition to AI. Now when you open the program it feels like there are tons of options to use AI, plug an existing video in - and then in this little itty bitty space it said "open projects", which is the majority of the time.

Less sizzle. More steak please. I like the substance of editing, not the idea of it.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With updates should come more functionality, not less.

This is of course every true! Updates should come with more functionality not less. Over the past 3 weeks in this forum we all have been crying about the obvious missing functions, about the change of the GUI. But what substantial functions have been added in this new 22 version? The 365 subscribers have seen the AI coming and many stickers. In the past years, we have seen YouTube clips of people explaining the changes in yet another new version, trying to answer the question: is it worth your money to upgrade, or can you best wait another year or so....
I have not seen this question raised amongst all the fuzz about the GUI changes and the drop in functionality, and... the drop in efficiency of video editing.
But when raised, my answer would be: No, better wait for the next version, or look around for alternatives. Many people are begging to get the previous version back. Although with many flaws, it worked.
Lets hope CL is learning from this and changes it's policy and it's product and release management.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2023 07:18