Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lost the Opacity control lines in the new PowerDirector 365???
BrewinItUp8754 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2023 20:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Unless, I'm mistaken, it appears that the new "upgrade" of PowerDirector eliminates the ability to control video fade in and fade outs on the clip selection in the timeline. It used to be there as a green line so that that you could quickly and easily add custom fade marker points and pull them down and adjust as you needed. Without this option, you have to now go into a separate control panel and jack around in there... which takes way too long and the accuracy is lost. Worthless. If they don't add the green opacity lines back, PowerDirector is now back to being nothing more than an amateur joke and a toy. Worthless.
HBMotorhead [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2023 23:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Unless, I'm mistaken, it appears that the new "upgrade" of PowerDirector eliminates the ability to control video fade in and fade outs on the clip selection in the timeline. It used to be there as a green line so that that you could quickly and easily add custom fade marker points and pull them down and adjust as you needed. Without this option, you have to now go into a separate control panel and jack around in there... which takes way too long and the accuracy is lost. Worthless. If they don't add the green opacity lines back, PowerDirector is now back to being nothing more than an amateur joke and a toy. Worthless.

Yes please. Was in the middle of editing and now its all messed up> How do I get previous version back.
peterdawson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2018 10:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I've been using PD for years, and the opacity line at the top of each frame is a MUST. What happened Cyberlink? Get this back, or the time it takes to make a professional video is huge. What's wrong with you?
Stoneware [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 19, 2021 19:04 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've been using PD for years, and the opacity line at the top of each frame is a MUST. What happened Cyberlink? Get this back, or the time it takes to make a professional video is huge. What's wrong with you?

Cyberlink doesn't seem to care about any of these things. I just get the standard template, "we'll take a look, thanks for your feedback." And even that feedback takes 1-3 days. I don't know who's running the show at CL, or if they even have the man power to maintain this product, but this latest version is definitely a step backwards for a LOT of users. If PD was all rewritten from scratch, why not make it better and MORE user friendly?
azehavi [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2020 04:41 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Celect the clip on the timeline, then click Edit and choose Opacity/Fade/Blend
[Thumb - Opacity.jpg]
 Filename
Opacity.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
137 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
34 time(s)
GokuMatthews [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 28, 2023 21:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I started working in the new version, and it looked great until it didn't. Was SHOCKED when I realized the opacity control was gone from the timeline. Editing opacity via keyframes in the 'Advanced Settings' more than doubled the time to complete the project. I reverted back to the previous version, absolutely NOT worth the update for me. I did a 'System Restore' in Windows to roll it back.

The opacity control in the timeline is the reason I've stuck wtih PowerDirector. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea? I will not be updating until PD fixes this GLARING and PAINFUL omission.
Robinksi2023 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2023 21:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Celect the clip on the timeline, then click Edit and choose Opacity/Fade/Blend

No thank you.

My projects are live music performances, and involve 4-5 separate camera tracks that need to remain synced with each other and a separate audio track. In a 7 minute video I zip around from track to track raising and lowering the opacity hundreds of times to go with the audio.

The loss of the opacity control lines in the timeline renders this program completely useless to me.

So, no. If you have a few little occasional changes, this method is fine. It is not fine for my work.
Noonan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2007 16:17 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Its a disgrace that the opacity adjustment line is not in this latest update. Has anybody any ideas how I can reinstall the previous version of PD
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm. Count me in on being lost without this feature. WTF . .

Not one to just post here4 without looking for answers, I find a few Cyberlink Help topics that SEEM to INVOKE the line for manual editing - like we are all accustomed to. Umm OK, I'll bite - even though it looks like a few extra steps to get there. .

BUT . . . I can't get that to work either! Which makes me wonder if something got lost in the update?? I need a fix to this as well.
Note that on the last screen shot - it even claims the the video fade line is now showing and can be used - but I have tried 6 ways to sunday and never once have I succeed in getting hte video fade line to show up. Grrr~~
<p style="line-height: 100%; margin-bottom: 0in;">
<p style="line-height: 100%; margin-bottom: 0in;">
[Thumb - Screenshot (383).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (383).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1613 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
22 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (384).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (384).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1108 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
21 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot (382).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (382).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1784 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
18 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 03. 2023 18:03

David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Look at the attatchments in numerical order. I was only able to post 3 screenshots, here's the last one.

Here's the last one - again stating the video line SHOULD be showing . . .
[Thumb - Screenshot (385).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (385).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1771 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
32 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hmmm. Count me in on being lost without this feature. WTF . .

Not one to just post here4 without looking for answers, I find a few Cyberlink Help topics that SEEM to INVOKE the line for manual editing - like we are all accustomed to. Umm OK, I'll bite - even though it looks like a few extra steps to get there. .

BUT . . . I can't get that to work either! Which makes me wonder if something got lost in the update?? I need a fix to this as well.
Note that on the last screen shot - it even claims the the video fade line is now showing and can be used - but I have tried 6 ways to sunday and never once have I succeed in getting hte video fade line to show up. Grrr~~

There's several cases where what's in the docs do not match what the product does. Here was another one: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/119397.page#449802 It's just a absolutely pathetic release with very little QA on what was released/functional and what was documented. Just no excuse. Some release managers and developers should be assigned to new tasks after this release.

Jeff
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not to be overly dramatic, and I'm just one Mook - but between this kind of issue that keeps occuring now and again, and the need to have an internet connection to USE the cyberlink program(s) - the sunk costs argument of continuing to use cyberlink no longer makes sense to me. I often use this program while in remote areas where there isn't any cell service (for me to make a hotspot so cyberlink will let me in). Having to get through the 'actavation screen' is BS - I only use this program on 2 computers (laptop and PC) and the only reason I even use the subscription version (vs stand alone) is to have the option of using it on my laptop. But half the time I can't when in National Parks and the such. So ... ya . . .

I've been here before, this time - needing to work on a project and no solution for the Opacity controol, I've downloaded and started the learning process on freeware DiVinci.

I can only imagine that the new feedback fourm that cyberlink is highlighiting is going to be AI serviced and another step backwards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 04. 2023 10:17

Gelephoto7669 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2018 06:08 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
No Opacity Control on Time line, common guys. No Time line are you nuts, a very productive feature lost. I hope this was an error shortly to be restored if not I will look towards another application, write off the effort learnt in PD over the years. For me its a show stopper moment.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2023 15:49

Gelephoto7669 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Celect the clip on the timeline, then click Edit and choose Opacity/Fade/Blend
This slows down productivity, not right option for desired work flow required effect for keyframe effects , a big step back.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 12. 2023 15:58

DHKIM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2020 03:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I wonder why the latest updates to PowerDirector 365 are always just the creation and removal of features.
Can't you at least add a check option to turn the function on/off?
I hope you can change the transparency Fade control function on the timeline again.
Gelephoto7669 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This slows down productivity, not right option for desired work flow required effect for keyframe effects , a big step back.
Just as an update, Multicam Room is an option but not a complete solution. Do Multicam as a first step and then refine afterwards with effects and transitions.
Gelephoto7669 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I wonder why the latest updates to PowerDirector 365 are always just the creation and removal of features.
Can't you at least add a check option to turn the function on/off?
I hope you can change the transparency Fade control function on the timeline again.
Hope this helps you as an idea for a work aroud. Just as an update, Multicam Room is an option but not a complete solution. Do Multicam as a first step and then refine afterwards with effects and transitions.
Gelephoto7669 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Not to be overly dramatic, and I'm just one Mook - but between this kind of issue that keeps occuring now and again, and the need to have an internet connection to USE the cyberlink program(s) - the sunk costs argument of continuing to use cyberlink no longer makes sense to me. I often use this program while in remote areas where there isn't any cell service (for me to make a hotspot so cyberlink will let me in). Having to get through the 'actavation screen' is BS - I only use this program on 2 computers (laptop and PC) and the only reason I even use the subscription version (vs stand alone) is to have the option of using it on my laptop. But half the time I can't when in National Parks and the such. So ... ya . . .

I've been here before, this time - needing to work on a project and no solution for the Opacity controol, I've downloaded and started the learning process on freeware DiVinci.

I can only imagine that the new feedback fourm that cyberlink is highlighiting is going to be AI serviced and another step backwards.

Not a solution to your problem but possible work Around, try, Multicam Room is an option but not a complete solution. Do Multicam as a first step and then refine afterwards with effects and transitions.
Atheist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2021 07:13 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Unless, I'm mistaken, it appears that the new "upgrade" of PowerDirector eliminates the ability to control video fade in and fade outs on the clip selection in the timeline. It used to be there as a green line so that that you could quickly and easily add custom fade marker points and pull them down and adjust as you needed. Without this option, you have to now go into a separate control panel and jack around in there... which takes way too long and the accuracy is lost. Worthless. If they don't add the green opacity lines back, PowerDirector is now back to being nothing more than an amateur joke and a toy. Worthless.

Same here... If they don't bring back this "Feature" in about 1-2 Weeks i'm going to kick Powerdirector away from my PC... Just cancelled my 365 subscription anyway and may come back if corrected...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 15. 2023 15:17

Michael Dorosh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 21, 2020 22:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have to add my voice to the chorus stating that this decision is completely baffling. Power Director has become much, much less useful now and far more labour intensive. Software engineers seem to love changing things for the sake of change, and this is perhaps one of the best examples of fixing something that was never broken that I've seen in a long time.

I hope CyberLink will be responsive to the community and replace this functionality.

I'll also add that I couldn't even find any information about it in the actual documentation and had to go to a private users site on Facebook to even understand what was happening.

While I'm at it, I guess I can add it took me 20 minutes of frustrating searching just to find the voiceover feature, which itself was not intuitive since it was in the menu marked ". . ." for some odd reason in the previous version.

I don't understand who these changes benefit, or how.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 17. 2023 08:17